Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope people ain't expecting too much form him. It may take him time to adjust, like it does some.
I just hope he is given that time, backed and encouraged if he needs it.

I was not aware of that.
Yeah, silly really but it passed some time in the pub.
I like this new one a lot better though, with football managers. Don't know if its been mentioned on here... all football managers are either airline pilots or coach drivers. For example, Fergie, Allardyce, coach drivers. Mourhinio, Pardew, airline pilots. Its hard to find one who doesn't fit one way or the other.:pochlol:

How many goals do people think he will score for us next season? I assume he will get a fair number of sub appearances, some games when Kane may be out for a few weeks, some cup games and a few games alongside Kane, so a fair crack. I think he'll get into double digits.

gallery_vj_730g.jpg

Odds on seeing those ears pinned back next season?

Gareth can give you a link up.

Eight goals and four assists in all competitions - roughly 30 games in total.

Hoping for more obviously! But he'll have to find his feet and I'm hoping that he plays well more than anything

How many goals do people think he will score for us next season? I assume he will get a fair number of sub appearances, some games when Kane may be out for a few weeks, some cup games and a few games alongside Kane, so a fair crack. I think he'll get into double digits.

IMO he should play with Kane. I read he has pace. One thing we lacked last season from Eriksen, Dolphin, Lamela and even Son was attacking pace.

I'm hoping if he is subbed on and we are trailing, it's with Kane. I don't want just straight swaps although they will be needed. Every interview I have seen is that he works to make goals for others as well as scores. Kane and Alli need that.

If his reputation as a dogged worker is true, there is no reason why he'll be any less of an issue off the ball as Son, Dolphin, Erik(sen) etc.

I'm not sleeping on Son either. I think he has more pace than he's showing. If he's 100% fit I think he'll be that injection of pace we missed over the season and will be useful.

We can accommodate two strikers and still have enough in the engine room to still be competative without being too open.

IMO his appearances could be at the expense of Son, Lamela or Eriksen. Not just swaps for Kane.

Also I'm excited about Jansen and Son. Presuming Son has more pace after his injuries I think that linkup through the middle can be dangerous. While our midfield are kicking bitches up in the air we can FINALLY have pace to counter effectively through the MIDDLE instead of just the flanks.

Attacking pace and leadership are the only things we lack IMO. So any attacking signing should have work rate and pace. It's too much to expect leadership too from one player.

Really? I read in his bio that he's fast. That's disappointing but I can't really judge until I see him.

This is what gave me a boner:

"A two-footed player, Janssen is credited with good finishing, movement and pace. Due to his strength, he has "exceptional" hold-up play"

From wiki

So I'm hoping he's a touch faster than Alli. Alli and Son are pretty quick but not blistering. If he's slower then I think that could be a sideways move stylistically switching him for Kane. If Kane can't break a defense then ideally like(ish) for like should be avoided. So again, play both so you have 2 hard workers implementing Poch's game.

I'm just speculating. But if he's as effective as he was in his previous league, leaving him on the bench could be a waste. Seeing how strong so called minnow teams were against England etc we can't presume inferior leagues are really that inferior. Esp when you look at who the prem champions are.

Either way I'm excited. He ticks all my boxes. Team shape could be interesting.

Last edited:
He's not fast like Bale, but he isn't slow either, he has enough pace to make him dangerous. I think he has a bit of everything. I'd also like him to play with Kane, not only as an alternative.

Wouldn't be surprised if they played together, with Janssen wide, and them switching across each other

I want to see him thrown in the deep quickly. Harry Kane needs a long rest. He is burned out from that long season and the England fiasco.

Nah.

Kane's burnout or Rooney molasses linkup?

I hope Mata stays. Slow Mata and slow Rooney and hopefully slowing down Zlatan along with creaking Carrick? I'm crossing my fingers they do a Chelsea. Too many old slow players with big names.

Kane needs a rest but he's key. If it means less hardcore training etc so be it but he needs to lead us out in the prem with Lloris.

I just think Kane perhaps needs more pace/industry in the final third with him.

IMO he should play with Kane. I read he has pace. One thing we lacked last season from Eriksen, Dolphin, Lamela and even Son was attacking pace.

I'm hoping if he is subbed on and we are trailing, it's with Kane. I don't want just straight swaps although they will be needed. Every interview I have seen is that he works to make goals for others as well as scores. Kane and Alli need that.

If his reputation as a dogged worker is true, there is no reason why he'll be any less of an issue off the ball as Son, Dolphin, Erik(sen) etc.

I'm not sleeping on Son either. I think he has more pace than he's showing. If he's 100% fit I think he'll be that injection of pace we missed over the season and will be useful.

We can accommodate two strikers and still have enough in the engine room to still be competative without being too open.

IMO his appearances could be at the expense of Son, Lamela or Eriksen. Not just swaps for Kane.

Also I'm excited about Jansen and Son. Presuming Son has more pace after his injuries I think that linkup through the middle can be dangerous. While our midfield are kicking bitches up in the air we can FINALLY have pace to counter effectively through the MIDDLE instead of just the flanks.

Attacking pace and leadership are the only things we lack IMO. So any attacking signing should have work rate and pace. It's too much to expect leadership too from one player.
He's not very pacey, but has is a strong runner. Poch has seemed very open to playing 2 strikers, but just hasn't had the options to do so. My only worry is that Kane and Janssen seem very similar

Back
Top Bottom