Video Assistant Referee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There seems to be a lot less errors than there used to be before VAR. Just a lot of teeth gnashing because everyone expected perfection when it came in and forgot there’s still humans involved.
Hmm, not sure I'd agree. I've seen no improvement at all to be honest. All that's happened is the errors are now more pronounced than they used to be.

You also can't celebrate a goal for 40-50 seconds after a goal is scored in a lot of cases.

That's the only thing that would be beneficial if it's scrapped.

But give it a year, people will be soon fed up with it when the lack of VAR highlights human error even worse than what we have in place now.
No. New technology will be introduced in time that’s far quicker and more conclusive than some wank, fuzzy graphic and a crayola scribble. The VAR technology is not fit for purpose

Hmm, not sure I'd agree. I've seen no improvement at all to be honest. All that's happened is the errors are now more pronounced than they used to be.

You also can't celebrate a goal for 40-50 seconds after a goal is scored in a lot of cases.
I find that surprising. I feel after every match, there was half a dozen decisions I felt were wrong. Now there’s a spectacular fuck up a weekend. Maybe I’m recalling wrong.

As for the celebration thing, I’ve seen no evidence of that at all. Take yesterday as an example. Geordies scored and went mental. Three minutes later, the goal was given and they went mental again. Lovely stuff.

I’ve not yet seen a goal go in to muted celebrations in case there’s been an infringement.

What new technology?
New technology. Alternative replacement. I work in Tech find it hard to believe FIFA, PL or whoever can’t commission something better in a few months

Would be good if they tested it thoroughly next time too, rather shoehorning it straight in

I find that surprising. I feel after every match, there was half a dozen decisions I felt were wrong. Now there’s a spectacular fuck up a weekend. Maybe I’m recalling wrong.
As I said, no more or less, just more pronounced.
As for the celebration thing, I’ve seen no evidence of that at all. Take yesterday as an example. Geordies scored and went mental. Three minutes later, the goal was given and they went mental again. Lovely stuff.
Probably no horses to punch.
I’ve not yet seen a goal go in to muted celebrations in case there’s been an infringement.
At every home game this season almost every goal celebration has been 'muted' till the screens announce the goal.

Maybe it's just in the block I sit, however, it's been this way since last season.

New technology. Alternative replacement. I work in Tech find it hard to believe FIFA, PL or whoever can’t commission something better in a few months

Would be good if they tested it thoroughly next time too, rather shoehorning it straight in

Okay so you're just speculating, cool.

They're not going to rid of VAR to bring in 'new tech' if anything they're going to improve on it but you just need to get used to the fact that VAR isn't going anywhere.

Haha

I would focus on automating offsides, most other calls are gonna be subjective regardless
All human interaction must be eradicated from the game.
giphy.gif

Okay so you're just speculating, cool.

They're not going to rid of VAR to bring in 'new tech' if anything they're going to improve on it but you just need to get used to the fact that VAR isn't going anywhere.
I don’t have to get used to anything, son. I find it impossible to believe that this grainy, fuzzy nonsense is the optimal technology. Bin it, learn from it and improve/replace it once it’s ready

As I said, no more or less, just more pronounced.

Probably no horses to punch.

At every home game this season almost every goal celebration has been 'muted' till the screens announce the goal.

Maybe it's just in the block I sit, however, it's been this way since last season.
I still scream like an idiot when we score. The emotion just takes over and logic flies out of the window.

Admittedly, my next thought is “I hope it’s a goal”, but it hasn’t made me any more muted.

I still scream like an idiot when we score. The emotion just takes over and logic flies out of the window.

Admittedly, my next thought is “I hope it’s a goal”, but it hasn’t made me any more muted.
I'm going to try to get back to that. Gradually I've let 'What if VAR..." creep into my head, where it shouldn't be.

I'm going to try to get back to that. Gradually I've let 'What if VAR..." creep into my head, where it shouldn't be.
I don’t really understand this. There’s always been goals disallowed by linesmen in the past. Maybe it happens more now? I just can’t get on board with not acting like a fool when we score.

The thoughts of Neville...

I played for a club where a manager went mad after games if we felt a decision had gone against us. You feel like it’s us against the world . I get it. Everyone hates us, the refs are out to stitch us up and theirs bias v us. However I can never remember the club writing letters undermining the system and the whole refereeing community.

When I look back now I don’t think as players we always covered ourselves in glory with refs and also at a big club we all feel entitled and you have to leave and retire to be able to see that.

Woolwich’s letter and even the Liverpool statement a few weeks ago ( they had a genuine bad one v them ) are wrong. Do it privately . If I was Howard Webb I would stop apologising to them and get on with it. Managers and players make far more mistakes than refs!

View: https://twitter.com/GNev2/status/1721180302628753527?t=pfn99vmvDcHgv3v3m4HRTA&s=19

Back
Top Bottom