Up For Sale ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Much as I would like to think of us as still historically holding our place in the big five.

The five clubs ahead of us

Manure
Woolwich
Chavs
Shitty
Dippers

Forget rivalries and where they are in the league, their budgets are far away ahead of ours. We can go some way to changing that by continually developing as we currently are.
Officially these are the standings since the league began, not money league but the stuff that matters:
Cfw38YXW8AAZTCs.jpg

..........and this since Premier League:
Cfw4YlgWcAE2U7a.jpg

Looks like Villa have been ever present in the Prem until their relegation at the end of this season, leaving just 6.
Yeah, since the start of the Premier League, seven clubs have never faced the drop: Scum, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Manchester United, Everton, Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea.

However, there are no English clubs currently in existence that have never been relegated from the country’s top division.

Yeah, since the start of the Premier League, seven clubs have never faced the drop: Scum, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Manchester United, Everton, Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea.

However, there are no English clubs currently in existence that have never been relegated from the country’s top division.

Woolwich have never been relegated. Albeit they never got promoted by winning division championships either.

And just the one who never earned their place in the top division...
I explained that story to my father a couple of years ago. His response? "It almost sounds as if they should be relegated then just for good measure."

Yes, yesssssss... There is potential in him.

Officially these are the standings since the league began, not money league but the stuff that matters:
Cfw38YXW8AAZTCs.jpg
I've always thought that there are some disadvantages for those late 1890s - early 1900s founded clubs (and not only them), because they would have disputed less matches than say, the likes of Aston Villa or Sunderland, who were top forces in 1880s-1890s. Take Spurs for example. Up until some year in 1900s which I can't remember right now, we didn't play a single match in top division, compared to Sunderland's 20+ seasons in top division. Not exactly because we couldn't promote in the top
So I thought points per game ratio would translate the table more effectively. I've got this.

1. Man Utd - 1,413 pts/game
2. Liverpool - 1,351 pts/game
3. Woolwich - 1,341 pts/game
4. Chelsea - 1,240 pts/game
5. Tottenham - 1,233 pts/game
6. Leeds - 1,191 pts/game (lower league club)
6. Everton - 1,187 pts/game
7. Aston Villa - 1,158 pts/game
8. Man City - 1,136 pts/game
9. Newcastle - 1,130 pts/game
9. Nottm Forest - 1,103 pts/game (lower league club)
10. West Ham - 1,091 pts/game
11. Sunderland - 1,052 pts/game

But we all know about Chelsea's fortunes and I think we all can agree that they'd be behind us in that table if they weren't wealthy. Add to that the trophy cabinet and you will get your "best clubs in England" result.

And of course, clubs like Swansea or Bournemouth might get better ratio because in most of the seasons they played in top flight, a win was awarded with 3 points instead of the traditional 2 points.

I've always thought that there are some disadvantages for those late 1890s - early 1900s founded clubs (and not only them), because they would have disputed less matches than say, the likes of Aston Villa or Sunderland, who were top forces in 1880s-1890s. Take Spurs for example. Up until some year in 1900s which I can't remember right now, we didn't play a single match in top division, compared to Sunderland's 20+ seasons in top division. Not exactly because we couldn't promote in the top
So I thought points per game ratio would translate the table more effectively. I've got this.

1. Man Utd - 1,413 pts/game
2. Liverpool - 1,351 pts/game
3. Woolwich - 1,341 pts/game
4. Chelsea - 1,240 pts/game
5. Tottenham - 1,233 pts/game
6. Leeds - 1,191 pts/game (lower league club)
6. Everton - 1,187 pts/game
7. Aston Villa - 1,158 pts/game
8. Man City - 1,136 pts/game
9. Newcastle - 1,130 pts/game
9. Nottm Forest - 1,103 pts/game (lower league club)
10. West Ham - 1,091 pts/game
11. Sunderland - 1,052 pts/game

But we all know about Chelsea's fortunes and I think we all can agree that they'd be behind us in that table if they weren't wealthy. Add to that the trophy cabinet and you will get your "best clubs in England" result.

And of course, clubs like Swansea or Bournemouth might get better ratio because in most of the seasons they played in top flight, a win was awarded with 3 points instead of the traditional 2 points.
Don't forget it was 2 points for a win but there were more teams in the league

This whole 'big' club thing is nonsense. It's a list of rich clubs. Man city and Chelsea aren't bigger clubs than Tottenham. Liverpool, Utd, and arguably woolwich are. It doesn't mean anything these days.

This whole 'big' club thing is nonsense. It's a list of rich clubs. Man city and Chelsea aren't bigger clubs than Tottenham. Liverpool, Utd, and arguably woolwich are. It doesn't mean anything these days.
All depends on the definition of big, for me it's not about how big the stadium is, the number of fans but the only measure should be what has been won. Ultimately though means fuck all, I didn't choose Spurs based on what they had won but because they were my local team. That and Lee & Gary the two cool kids at my infant school also supported them.

All depends on the definition of big, for me it's not about how big the stadium is, the number of fans but the only measure should be what has been won. Ultimately though means fuck all, I didn't choose Spurs based on what they had won but because they were my local team. That and Lee & Gary the two cool kids at my infant school also supported them.

Anyone named Lee or Gary now by definition would not be considered 'cool'!

I had a similar choice as, living a stones throw from Highbury I could have gone either way. My step dad who was from Tottenham though made sure to indoctrinate 'Tottenham great, Woolwich rubbish' from an early age. In those days Liverpool were the dominant force, but we still played wonderful football with the likes of Hoddle, Ossie, Archibald, Perryman and Roberts.

Back
Top Bottom