Up For Sale ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

how many of our first squad members do u really believe arent in it for the £££?
Its all about money though these days and that's where we have lost sight of the concept of club loyalty!

I am sure that someone like Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman could give a more concise explanation of Spurs loyalty!

Fair enough. I think if you are the richest club it diminishes the achievement - you expect to win. With 2 titles in our history that is not us.
Agreed entirely!

The next Spurs team that wins the championship will be elevated to a different level to those Chavs, United and City players who are part time bench warmers, who are only in it for the money. When they leave do you think their fans give a fuck? too spoil t, expectations been artificially elevated
And those Spurs players that have been loyal will be a part of a special history that will be viewed as the ultimate achievement by the very patient and loyal Spurs fans.

I haven't been able to crack the 'Niger Petra' code (African Jordanians? River Rose? :shrug: ), so I'm handing this one over the COYS brains trust.
This probably got cracked on COYS already, but it's a clumsy amalgam of Latin and Greek. "Niger" = shining black in Latin and "Petra" (πέτρα) = rock in Greek.

If anyone thinks we've not been buying our way to success in comparison to the other 80 odd clubs that finish below us every season, they need help.

We are already owned by a billionaire. We spend tens of millions on single players. Just because we are utter fucking shite at buying our way to the title, doesn't mean we've not been trying.
We haven't been spending enough to buy the title. Buying a title would require doubling the wage spend from where it is now.

The next Spurs team that wins the championship will be elevated to a different level to those Chavs, United and City players who are part time bench warmers, who are only in it for the money. When they leave do you think their fans give a fuck? too spoil t, expectations been artificially elevated
And those Spurs players that have been loyal will be a part of a special history that will be viewed as the ultimate achievement by the very patient and loyal Spurs fans.

...but most of them would've left as soon as we were relegated into it first!! It's not 1977 any more... gone are the days of Divisions 1-4 my friend... it's a whole new mindset out there!!

But yes, I know what you mean, Problem is, most of the players that get to win the league with Spurs probably haven't even been born! Feeling old yet??

Back
Top Bottom