Up For Sale ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Public companies yes. But we are a privately owned company, if they were serious 90% of the deal would have been done before any news went into the public domaine.
Good shout, but still not necessarily true. Spurs are still very much a company that exists in the public presence, so publicly announcing an interest can go a long way toward gauging fan support for the deal. You look at the way that supporters of other clubs have reacted to US owners in the past and I could see them not wanting to go through that.

Good shout, but still not necessarily true. Spurs are still very much a company that exists in the public presence, so publicly announcing an interest can go a long way toward gauging fan support for the deal. You look at the way that supporters of other clubs have reacted to US owners in the past and I could see them not wanting to go through that.
Owners and prospective new owners do not care what the fans think. Their eyes are fixed firmly on making money, nothing more, nothing less.

What you are claiming then is they (Cain Hoy) have pulled out of "thinking about putting in an offer" because they believe the fans are not keen on them owning the club?

Owners and prospective new owners do not care what the fans think. Their eyes are fixed firmly on making money, nothing more, nothing less.
That is an incredibly cynical view, and one that I do not think is correct.

What you are claiming then is they (Cain Hoy) have pulled out of "thinking about putting in an offer" because they believe the fans are not keen on them owning the club?
No. What I'm claiming is that it's one consideration of many; the cost of doing the deal is the largest but by no means the only factor involved.

Don't know where else to put this but it is ridiculous. We're the seventh largest grossing team in the world for TV money.

Unsurprising to me. The only people that don't think of Spurs as a big-money club are Spurs fans. We're playing in a brutally competitive league but for a club of our stature there is no excuse for the football that we've played over the past year.

Unsurprising to me. The only people that don't think of Spurs as a big-money club are Spurs fans. We're playing in a brutally competitive league but for a club of our stature there is no excuse for the football that we've played over the past year.
'Big money club' in terms of what?

Turnover? Profit? Commercial revenue?

10%2BMoney%2BLeague.jpg

16%2BMatch%2BDay.jpg

17%2BCommercial.jpg

18%2BCommercial%2BGrowth.jpg

19%2BShirt.jpg

22%2BWages%2BGrowth.jpg

20%2BKit%2BSupplier.jpg

13%2BEurope.jpg

How does that make him a thief again?

In the same way people call bankers thieves....but where as we can change banks if we are unhappy with the bonuses it's execs are getting.

He has a captive audience. He reminds me of a pikey knocking on elderly people doors and telling them their roof needs fixing. Then throwing some tar and straw in the gutter before leaving with 2 grand.

ITK Alert!

Latest word on the streets of SC about a potential takeover is that:

Apparently Qatar Investment Authority are/were in deep negotiations, until recently when a big-player arrived on the scene, which made them start worrying. Some American investment company called BlackRock have stepped in. And Joe Lewis is happy with the offer, but our bald headed trickster, Levy, wants a little more from them. This BlackRock fellas are the largest asset manager in the world, with over $4.77 trillion in assets under management.

levy2.gif

In short ... if the rumors are true, then the Americans (or Qataris) are gonna make us very rich!

ITK Alert!

Latest word on the streets of SC about a potential takeover is that:

Apparently Qatar Investment Authority are/were in deep negotiations, until recently when a big-player arrived on the scene, which made them start worrying. Some American investment company called BlackRock have stepped in. And Joe Lewis is happy with the offer, but our bald headed trickster, Levy, wants a little more from them. This BlackRock fellas are the largest asset manager in the world, with over $4.77 trillion in assets under management.

levy2.gif

In short ... if the rumors are true, then the Americans (or Qataris) are gonna make us very rich!
Tag Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever - you'll make his weekend.

I know of Blackrock (worked somewhere they had a significant stake in) and by all accounts they are good operators.
What I would highlight though is that the depth of the pockets of any new owners is actually only of limited significance. If an investment firm takes over looking to make a profit then how is anything going to improve in comparison to Enic who are the same (and at least we have a chairman who for his faults is clearly a fan).
The Chelsea's, City's and PSG's of this world have owners who are not expecting to make money from the club.

Back
Top Bottom