U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
U-19 Eurofoot competition starts today. We won it last year.

3rd August
11:45 Tottenham - Atl. Paranaense
15:00 Tottenham - Zulte Waregem

4th August
11:15 FC Utrecht - Tottenham
14:30 Club Brugge - Tottenham
19:30 Standard L. - Tottenham

Re: Loans & Development Squad thread

The Professional Development League (Barclays Under 21 Premier League) begins this season, replacing the reserve league.

We are in a very tough Group 2 along win Newcastle, Manchester United, Watford, Sunderland, Southampton, Villa and Stoke City.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80 ... ent_League

Villa have announced their fixtures already and we play them October 1st (H) and December 17th (A)

The Development League is a great move IMO, will be nice if they get a few of those matches on TV in the UK so I can illegally stream them. Looking forward to seeing how our academy stacks up in a real, publicized competition.

zin said:
The Professional Development League (Barclays Under 21 Premier League) begins this season, replacing the reserve league.

We are in a very tough Group 2 along win Newcastle, Manchester United, Watford, Sunderland, Southampton, Villa and Stoke City.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80 ... ent_League

Villa have announced their fixtures already and we play them October 1st (H) and December 17th (A)
Was just about to post this.

Another chance for the 'Tottenham Ultras' to have a re-union? I'd be more than happy to make an early kick-off on a saturday (11am), then go on the piss after. Also, away games like Watford and Southampton sound like a good laugh.

2012073001385_155838363_type11291.jpg

Update on Bongani Khumalo (Μπονγκάνι Κουμάλο in Greek) out on loan at PAOK. He just played his first competitive game for PAOK as a right center-back in a 4-4-2 in the Europa League against Israeli side Bnei Yehuda. PAOK won 2-0, he wore shirt number 30 (he had wanted number 3 but that was already taken). Two instances in the match he failed in his defensive duties for Bnei's best chances.

He has played in all 5 pre-season friendlies so far. Final friendly is 14th of August with the league starting 25/26 August. Europa league return game is on the 9th of August. It seems from these friendlies that PAOK are playing a high line and with Bongani not being particularly great with his feet he has been found out a bit with this tactic.

It seems to me that PAOK are short on center-backs, having released one and sold one this summer with only Bongani coming in. His central defensive partner is in fact a 22 year old (Giorgos Katsikas) who barely got any games last season, and judging by the pre-season friendlies it seems their backups are a 19 year old central defender and 21 year old defensive midfielder.

Katsikas even said about his partnership with Khumalo that they communicate very well and that he is a good laugh but is also serious when he needs to be and combines this very well.

In an interview when he joined Bongani basically said that Giorgos Donis' relationship with someone at Spurs helped make the move happen and that Donis made huge efforts to convince him to move to Greece. Donis used to play for Blackburn in 1996-1997, when Sherwood was still there so I'm going to go with him being the contact.

I expect Khumalo to get a lot of games this season based on the lack of center backs and Donis wanting to prove everyone he made a good choice by loaning in Khumalo.

An update from the club about the U-21 league.

Here are our National Group Two fixtures:

Saturday, August 18 v Newcastle (A), KO 12pm - Newcastle United Training Ground
Wednesday, August 29 v Manchester United (A), KO 7pm - Altrincham FC
Saturday, September 1 v Sunderland (H), KO 11am - venue TBC
Monday, September 17 v Watford (H), KO 12pm - venue TBC
Monday, September 24 v Southampton (a), KO 7pm - St Mary's Stadium
Monday, October 1 v Aston Villa (H), KO 12pm - venue TBC
Monday, October 8 v Watford (A), KO 7pm - Vicarage Road
Saturday, October 27 v Manchester United (H), KO 11am - venue TBC
Saturday, November 3 v Newcastle (H), KO 11am - venue TBC
Monday, November 12 v Southampton (H), KO 2pm - venue TBC
Sunday, November 18 v Stoke (A), KO 3pm - Britannia Stadium
Sunday, December 2 v Watford (H), KO 1pm - venue TBC
Monday, December 10 v Sunderland (A), KO 7pm - venue TBC
Monday, December 17 v Aston Villa (A), KO 7pm - venue TBC

After this first group stage, the clubs will be placed into three groups based on their performance.

The top three teams from National Group One and Two and the top two sides from National Group Three will qualify for the Elite Group, with the other clubs making it into Qualification Group Tier One or Qualification Group Tier Two depending on their finishing position.

The teams will again play home and away with the top three teams from the Elite Group qualifying for the knockout semi-finals.

The winners of the two Qualification Groups will take part in a play-off to decide who will make up the quartet. The semi-final winners will then contest the final.

The emphasis will be on playing U21 players with each team limited to just three over-age outfield players and one over-age goalkeeper.

Here's who I expect to take part in this from the list of professionals on the Spurs site. I also expect some of the academy players to get involved rather than play in the U-18, such as Hall, Veljkovic, Gomelt, Coulibaly etc...

This should also cut down the number of loans we send out to lower league teams.

* is overage

Goalkeeprs
David Button (23*)
Jordan Archer (19)

Defenders
Kevin Stewart (18)
Jack Barthram (18)
William Ekong (18)
Nathan Byrne (20)
Adam Smith (21*)
Danny Rose (22*)
Steven Caulker (20)
Ezekiel Fryers (19)

Midfielders
Andros Townsend (21*)
Yago Falque (22*)
John Bostock (20)
Ryan Fredericks (19)
Cristian Ceballos (19)
Thomas Carroll (20)
Jake Nicholson (20)
Alex Pritchard (19)
Dean Parrett (20)
Ryan Mason (21*)
Giancarlo Gallifuoco (18)
Jack Munns (18)
Laste Dombaxe (17)

Forwards
Harry Kane (19)
Cameron Lancaster (19)
Jonathan Obika (21*)

Milos Veljkovic (16), Nabil Bentaleb (17) and Souleymane Coulibaly (17) have all appeared on the Spurs website now as professionals so add them to the list above.

There are a couple of new names of U-18 players listed on our squad for the Eurofoot tournament.

One is a MF named Aaron McEneff from Northern Ireland. He turned 17 last month. Apparently he has joined us on a 2-year scholarship. Unsure if he is classified as a 1st year or 2nd year scholar due to his age.

I found this article: http://www.londonderrysentinel.co.uk/sp ... -1-3853654

There is also a Stefan Colovic from Serbia listed on our squad for the Eurofoot tournament. This may be a typo as he is listed on Transfermarket as a member of FC Basel, one of the other clubs in the tournament.

I'm sad now. It's like you've told me that not only is Santa not a fat man that gives me presents but that you killed him :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom