U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently 6-2! Around 70 minutes in.

Our U-21 team today vs Stoke: Archer, Smith, Byrne, Veljkovic, Hall, Parrett, Falque, Mason, Obika, Carroll and Ceballos.

1-0 Stoke. Stoke corner drops to Lucas Dawson inside our area and he drills in to make it 1-0 after 6 minutes.
Goal! From Mason. A quick free kick from Carroll releases Falque who crosses to the back post and Mason heads in after 11 minutes. 1-1
2-1 Goal from Ceballos! He nips in to their box and curls one past the keeper. It’s been a quick start! 14 mins gone.
3-1 Obika! He charges down the keeper and the ball loops over him and Jon follows in and taps in. 16 minutes gone.
4-1 Byrne. Fantastic goal from the full back, cuts inside on his right foot and curls one that hits the far post and goes in. 23 min.
4-2 goal for Stoke. Low cross from Clarkson and Thomas taps in after his first shot was saved. 39 minutes gone.
5-2 Mason. Great diagonal ball from Parrett to Obika who nods it down to Mason who volleys across the keeper from inside their box. 42min.

Half time

6-2 Goal from Parrett. Lovely play on the right hand side & Carroll lofts a cross into the area for Parrett to volley in. Great goal. 62min

First subs of the match for us and Munns, Dombaxe & Stewart come on for Carroll, Obika & Velikovic. Still 6-2.

Full-time 7-2.

Ryan Mason with a hat-trick.

i5R11.gif

UNDER-21S 7-2 STOKE - MASON LEADS WAY IN FINE DISPLAY

17 September 2012

Ryan Mason scored a hat-trick as our Under-21s put Stoke to the sword in the Barclays U21 Premier League at Hotspur Way on Monday.
The attacking midfielder registered after 11 and 23 minutes before completing his treble from the penalty spot with the seventh and final goal in the 7-2 win 15 minutes from time.

It was the team's first victory in the new Barclays U21 PL at the fourth attempt and no less impressive than the first team's performance at Reading on Sunday.

Yago Falque took just 25 seconds to underline the team's intent, his curler from 25 yards needed a decent tip over from Dale Eve in the Stoke goal.

Stoke then took the lead against the run of play in the sixth minute as Jordan Keane found himself clear from a corner and rammed the ball home.

The response was immediate as Falque rattled the crossbar and it was soon 1-1 as Falque chipped a cross to the far post where Mason powered home his header.

It was 3-1 in the blink of an eye. Cristian Ceballos gave us the lead after 14 minutes, initially winning a 50-50 before picking himself up, collecting Falque's pass and sliding home past Eve.

Seconds later, Jonathan Obika charged down Eve's attempted clearance and the ball looped into the empty net.

Nathan Byrne and Adam Smith looked to get forward from full-back throughout and Byrne curled home a beauty off the post from 25 yards to make it 4-1 after 23 minutes.

Obika and Tom Carroll went close before Stoke pulled a goal back on 39 minutes. Michael Clarkson got to the left byline and crossed low for Lucas Dawson to finish at the second attempt.

Mason had the final word of the first half with arguably the goal of the game.

Dean Parrett floated a ball up to Obika, who won a towering header into the path of supporting Mason, who buried a first-time volley from 16 yards.

After a quiet start, the second half came to life just after the hour mark with another fine goal.

Carroll darted to the right byline and cut the ball back to the near post where Parrett cushioned home a lovely volley from eight yards for 6-2.

Ceballos then struck the post from 20 yards and a couple of penalty appeals were turned away before Keane upended Smith in the box and Mason planted his hat-trick goal home from 12 yards.

Spurs U21s (4-2-3-1): Archer; Smith, Hall, Veljkovic (Stewart, 68), Byrne; Carroll (Dombaxe, 68), Parrett; Ceballos, Mason, Falque; Obika (Munns, 68). Unused subs: Vigouroux, Ekong.

Stoke (4-5-1): Eve; Rigg, Parry, Keane, O'Rielly; Thomas, Clarkson, Dawson (Scott, 72), Richardson, Nardiello (Hall, 72); Obiake. Unused subs: Gledhill, Rossi, Glasgow.

Windy, is it true Inglethorpe has been promoted to manage the U-21/Nextgen team? Who has taken over the U-18s?

zin said:
Windy, is it true Inglethorpe has been promoted to manage the U-21/Nextgen team? Who has taken over the U-18s?

Nope - he's taking the U18s and NextGen team this year (I presume because they are of similar ages with more overlap than the others), but Sherwood/Ferdinand/Ramsey have got the U21s and I presume are also monitoring the loan players and taking the Dev Squad training sessions too.

WindyCOYS said:
zin said:

Nope - he's taking the U18s and NextGen team this year (I presume because they are of similar ages with more overlap than the others), but Sherwood/Ferdinand/Ramsey have got the U21s and I presume are also monitoring the loan players and taking the Dev Squad training sessions too.

Ok thanks. Someone on GG was quoting you as saying Inglethorpe has taken over the U-21s at the expense of Sherwood.

zin said:
WindyCOYS said:
zin said:

Ok thanks. Someone on GG was quoting you as saying Inglethorpe has taken over the U-21s at the expense of Sherwood.

That's literally the opposite of what I said! I said Sherwood's taking U21s and Inglethorpe's taking NextGen! Pleae could you correct them?!

They've been "corrected". I don't think he understood NextGen was an U-19 competition, just thought Sherwood being booted from it last season meant something more.

WindyCOYS said:
zin said:
WindyCOYS said:

That's literally the opposite of what I said! I said Sherwood's taking U21s and Inglethorpe's taking NextGen! Pleae could you correct them?!
l4gsqk.jpg

We play Villa at WHL on October 1st, there's no blocks allocated to us so it'll be a case of getting as many together as we possibly can. Who's interested?

I know three that are keen...what would the drill be, have one person buy, find out where they are and the rest request that block/adjacent block?

Unless someone can afford to buy 600 in one go (I can't)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom