U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeadlyDemon said:
Blanchflower said:
Nutter-Naylor said:
Just got back from the game. Immense. Even the stewards threw in the towel after the first half. A most enjoyable evening.

I don't understand how they can expect to maintain any authority when they give up so easily?......
They were never going to get them all sat down last night, I'm convinced there would have been people sooner thrown out than sat in their seats.
If anything I'd expect them to comment on it to the powers that be and ask the fighting cock aren't given an allocation altogether again which would be a shame :(

It's frustrating because it was doing no harm, to buy a ticket in those blocks you had to quote a code so you knew what you were buying into by getting a ticket in those blocks. It'd be a shame to lose that given how fantastic the atmosphere was.

Totally agree.

'We pay your salary, we pay your salary.............'

The normal stewards were fine, just managed the situation by letting kids sit down the front so they could see.

Their supervisors then came over and had a go at them and got the police involved, completely unnecessary.

I would hope we loan him out to championship/top league abroad/lower PL side, as this gives him a real challenge and will most likely and hopefully have a positive effect on his growth speed.

Brilliant brilliant write up of the NextGen game and the support at the Lane by Harry Hotspur (the blogger). Here's the link:

zin said:

Danny Rose

Got 71 minutes for Sunderland against Liverpool (1-1), subbed off due to injury. Mixed reviews off a Sunderland forum:

Should have done better for the cross that led to the goal.

Other than the goal, had a great game.

He was excellent until he got injured. The mistake he made was continuing to play while we got the replacement ready, instead of just sitting on the ground.

Incredible the amount of people claiming Rose had a good game, Sterling tore his arse out all game and I lost count of the amount of free kicks he gave away in very dangerous positions around the 18 yard box.

Bongani Khumalo

Is getting bad reviews over in Greece and his displays are lacking confidence and he is playing with pressure on him. Played in PAOKs 2-1 win against Asteras but gave away a penalty and lots of groans in the crowd everytime he touched the ball. He is getting the support of his manager, stating he is the most agile and fast player they have in the squad but even he has admitted he has noone else to replace him with.

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 31499.html

David Bentley

Played 90 minutes for Rostov and was booked as they beat Dinamo Moscow 1-0.

The match saw debuts for Rostov’s new foreign signings, ex-England winger David Bentley and former Liverpool forward Florent Sinama-Pongolle, who both missed chances to extend their team’s lead.

Bozovic said his new signings had acquitted themselves well. "With such high-quality players like that, it's like they've already played their way into being part of the team," he said.

John Bostock

Was not in the squad for the 2-2 draw against Carlisle, looks like he's been dropped already.

Ryan Fredericks

Also not in the squad for Brentford as they lost 1-0 at Leyton Orient, however got 90 minutes in an Under-21 Professional Development League Two game against Colchester which Brentford won 6-0 with Fredericks getting a couple of assists.

The first goal came when Ryan Fredericks, who was a menace whenever he went forward, tricked his way clear on the right and crossed for Oyeleke to head home.

Fredericks set up the fourth when he darted forward three minutes in to the second half and cross for Pierre, up from the centre of defence, to turn it in from close range.

Massimo Luongo

Dropped to the bench as Ipswich lost 2-0 away to Middlesbrough. Came on in the 72nd minute.

As expected, Blues boss Paul Jewell has handed season-long loan signing Guirane N’Daw his Town debut at Middlesbrough this afternoon. The 44-times-capped Senegalese international comes into the centre of midfield alongside Andy Drury with Massimo Luongo dropping to the bench.

Will be interesting to see how N'Daw does. I wouldn't have droppd Luongo, mind... / Luongo has been one of our best performers this season. Hmmm.

Massimo Luongo replaced Drury in the Town midfield with the Blues starting to have more of the ball and look a little more threatening.

Taylor was close to grabbing the equaliser in the 84th minute after an interchange with Luongo but the ball deflected agonisingly wide.

I was a little disappointed that it was Luongo that dropped out leaving Drury as the creative outlet in the centre of the park. Luongo's greater forward drive and energy would have been more to my liking. / Luongo - gave more forward impetus and really unlucky not to start. / N'daw what was he doing in midfield, why drop luongo should of played.

Harry Kane

Came on for Norwich in the 70th minute in a 0-0 home draw against West Ham. Had two opportunities to score.

A lot has been made of the fact that Kane missed, arguably, the best chance of the game against Spurs. But the loan striker had only been on the pitch a short time, and he made a largely positive impact. I saw enough in this cameo appearance to suggest he will score goals during his time here.

Kane's poor effort was born out of a certain lack of composure expected from a youngster when under pressure.

Harry Kane will kick off our season. Didnt have the chance to settle properly today but looked a class above the other strikers on the pitch. I am optimistic.

By the time Kane is getting regular goals he will be back at Spurs, he is too young and raw and all we are really doing is helping a divisional rival develop their potential.

Simon Dawkins

Played 89 minutes as San Jose Earthquakes beat Chivas USA 2-0 away from home. Has been getting some game time as a winger and has scored 7 goals in 24 games (18 starts) so far. Nice interview with him here: http://www.mercurynews.com/earthquakes/ ... arthquakes

A quick give-and-go between Justin Morrow and Simon Dawkins along the left touchline sprang Morrow into the attacking third.

Our U-21s squad are leading 4-1 against Stoke (after 23min)

6aOy9.gif

(Just posting that so that I can use that gif really)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom