Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This really bothers me if true that managers select their teams on the basis of who runs around the most in training.
I draw the analogy with racehorses.
You can have a horse who on the gallops at home looks to be a champion in the making.
Take that horse to a racecourse proper and it promptly turns into Dobbin the donkey and just can't handle it.

Conversely you can have a horse who shows nothing on the home gallops but when taken to the racecourse thrives in the atmosphere and runs like the wind.

The only way you will find out what you have got is by taking it to the races.

So basically what we all thought. Parrot is young and immature and at this moment hasn't shown enough to deserve to play.

It's a shame that stupid UEFA rule stopped him getting a loan as that would have been perfect for him at this stage.
to be fair its only us putting 2+2 together and guessing it was the club trained criteria that kept him here. it may be for cover and/or we didnt think he was ready for a loan (unless i have missed anything )

This really bothers me if true that managers select their teams on the basis of who runs around the most in training.
I draw the analogy with racehorses.
You can have a horse who on the gallops at home looks to be a champion in the making.
Take that horse to a racecourse proper and it promptly turns into Dobbin the donkey and just can't handle it.

Conversely you can have a horse who shows nothing on the home gallops but when taken to the racecourse thrives in the atmosphere and runs like the wind.

The only way you will find out what you have got is by taking it to the races.

If that's the case under Mourinho then getting picked or game time based on what you did in training has apparently been happening for 6 years.

Poch was big on it. He once said "you are signed to train"

It's not about running about. That's a massive oversimplification, training is not just running about. Young players who train with the first team are expected to reach the same standards as the first team as professional players. They are not horses expected to run fast and nothing else.

That means they are expected to behave professionally, to be on time, to be attentive in team meetings, to show they have understood their tactical instructions, to show their technical skill, to show their chemistry with team mates, to run hard, to look after their bodies, to eat right, to sleep right, to respect the coaching staff, a young player who wants to play for the first team has to show that he is ready to work seriously and that he is at the same level as the senior players.

For an 18 year old to go from the youth team to the fringes of the first team is a big step for someone who has not really played serious football as a professional it's easy to forget how limited his experience of the game actually is. If he is behaving like a dumb kid and not working properly then it is absolutely right to hold him back, only serious professionals should take to the pitch for Tottenham and not people larking about. That is the same at any top club.

If that's the case under Mourinho then getting picked or game time based on what you did in training has apparently been happening for 6 years.

Poch was big on it. He once said "you are signed to train"

That's how all good managers think. If you can't be arsed to work hard in training why would you be trusted to do it in a real match? Just look at people like Taarabt, Ben Arfa, Ravel Morrison etc. Despite their talent they were cast out of the top clubs they played for because of their casual attitude.

It's not about running about. That's a massive oversimplification, training is not just running about. Young players who train with the first team are expected to reach the same standards as the first team as professional players. They are not horses expected to run fast and nothing else.

That means they are expected to behave professionally, to be on time, to be attentive in team meetings, to show they have understood their tactical instructions, to show their technical skill, to show their chemistry with team mates, to run hard, to look after their bodies, to eat right, to sleep right, to respect the coaching staff, a young player who wants to play for the first team has to show that he is ready to work seriously and that he is at the same level as the senior players.

For an 18 year old to go from the youth team to the fringes of the first team is a big step for someone who has not really played serious football as a professional it's easy to forget how limited his experience of the game actually is. If he is behaving like a dumb kid and not working properly then it is absolutely right to hold him back, only serious professionals should take to the pitch for Tottenham and not people larking about. That is the same at any top club.

That's how all good managers think. If you can't be arsed to work hard in training why would you be trusted to do it in a real match? Just look at people like Taarabt, Ben Arfa, Ravel Morrison etc. Despite their talent they were cast out of the top clubs they played for because of their casual attitude.

spot on

Young, modern, rich British footballer is a total cunt shocker!!!

Who are we kidding....?
They're all cunts, and the ones who aren't cunts are accused of 'being Gay' by those who are cunts!!

Oft I don't think he would appreciate being called British.

Pretty average then.

What's average about those stats?

This season alone he has 10 goals in 6 youth games. Not many games played however as his development is being halted by the club who don't feel like he should be playing youth games now he's with the first team, also not getting games.

What's average about those stats?

They’re not that different to numerous players we’ve had at that level. 4 in 13 when he stepped up a level is an obvious step down. Less than one in three whilst playing at a pretty low level.

Looks pretty average to me. I’m sure he’ll be a trooper at Peterborough some day.

They’re not that different to numerous players we’ve had at that level. 4 in 13 when he stepped up a level is an obvious step down. Less than one in three whilst playing at a pretty low level.

Looks pretty average to me. I’m sure he’ll be a trooper at Peterborough some day.

4 in 13 for a 17 year old playing at u23 level is hardly average. I'm not sure what 17 year old you've seen in our academy put up similar numbers for our u23 team.

Reo Griffiths, who many thought was the next coming of Kane managed a whopping 0 goals in 7 games for our u23s..

I don't get the flex. Are you purposely being negative towards one of our most promising youth players based on the fact you've never seen him play a single minute?

Rashford had a 1 in 8 record at u23 level for United.

Let's hope Parrott gets a loan and can develop the same way Kane did.

Back
Top Bottom