Tottenham's 5 least effective signings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

5 Chiriches - Hardly broke the bank for him.
4 Ben Davies - Very young, has shown glimpses of being a solid option.Ridiculous to write him off already.
3 Soldado
2 Lamela - Very young, first real season with us. Has shown he can beat players, grab assists, close down etc. Unlucky to not have more goals hit the wood work a few times. Terrible choice for list.
1 Paulinho

Not writing anybody off Dat Guy, just questioning why we spent £10m on him when Rose was being used as 1st choice left-back. Like I say, it's addressing the recruitment and utilisation of talent acquired, not the players themselves.
Because 1 LB is suicidal bro. Every top team needs two players fullbacks for each side, no questions asked.
For us no Davies means that if Rose is injured, either Naughton is played on the wrong side, or Vert is played there which means A] he is not at his best there B] he is unhappy there C] we do not have our best CB playing in his best position.

The signing was much needed.

Let the man speak .
Fascists no thanks .

He made a shit article (22nd), realised it wasn't gonna get views and so spammed it on a forum (23rd) so that he could make a few bob.

Let him speak? Yes, look at him go....wouldn't surprise me if he never posted again (or just posted another article)

Not writing anybody off Dat Guy, just questioning why we spent £10m on him when Rose was being used as 1st choice left-back. Like I say, it's addressing the recruitment and utilisation of talent acquired, not the players themselves.

Then why the fuck arent you writing an article on how bad Baldini/Levy/Scouting/Recruiting is rather than abusing the players, who you are wrong to abuse.

For those who prefer not to read the article but are still commenting on it, here's a note I put on the opening slide:
"*I’m wary of using the term “least effective” as opposed to "worst," as it would be unfair to directly critique the talents of players who have had to adapt to a new league in such a tumultuous environment. Essentially, it serves to question the recruitment process rather than those recruited."

Useless article really.

It lists 5 names, who you say aren't actually the problem but the recruitment is. Instead of talking about this obvious problem you state yourself you just list 5 random guys and call it an article. Not to mention many of the players listed are young and for the future. Who is the target audience of this? Spurs fans, who will call it bullshit? Other fans?

I don't learn anything new. I either disagree or agree. It's an opinion piece, not an article, not worth reading and not news worthy. I may as well write an article calling this article shit and call it news. You've basically done the same.

You didn't really articulate that in the article. In fact, you didn't articulate anything at all on the recruitment process.

Sounds like excuses to try make himself look like less of a tit. I want to talk about the recruitment system of clubs, but I haven't got a fucking clue so I'll just list some bad guys from a club, not comment on the recruitment process at all and hope people know..

"It is fitting that Lamela’s most memorable moment in a Spurs shirt was his outrageous "rabona" in the Europa League." He then goes on to give no reason what so ever why this is "fitting" at all? Ridiculous and pointless.

But even this is inaccurate. Paulinho was recruited before the Bale move was on. As was Soldado. The logic of the list is flawed because it's assuming something which isn't true.

I think we all know that the Bale money was being spent before his move was made formal. Do you really think that we'd have spent almost £90m on new players if we didn't know Bale was going?

Back
Top Bottom