Tottenham v Man Utd (Friday, June 19th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is still young, lots to learn, we can't go into next season with just Kane and Parrott. We do need someone who is a genuine backup and partner for Kane depending what system we play.

The age thing doesn't concern me as much as if he's genuinely deemed good enough.

IF he shows he is, then play him. If not, loan him out for a couple of years.

(Proving yourself in pre-season, as so often shown, is no proof at all.)

Thing is, we could have signed Piatek or W.Jose in January; no guarantees they'd have been any more productive than Jansen... There's always gonna be a degree of risk (vs. risk/faith in Parrot) unless you're buying talent proven in your league... Then you're talking price-tags beyond mere 'back-up' unless you're minted.

I mean, say we have 100m to spend in the summer... If we blow 50/60 on (eg) Calum Wilson/Mitrovic/Ings to warm the bench; we're not likely to see a great deal of improvement to our first XI.

If we can avoid spreading our funds too thinly; I'm all for it.

I want any likely big spend to be on a DM.

The age thing doesn't concern me as much as if he's genuinely deemed good enough.

IF he shows he is, then play him. If not, loan him out for a couple of years.

(Proving yourself in pre-season, as so often shown, is no proof at all.)

Thing is, we could have signed Piatek or W.Jose in January; no guarantees they'd have been any more productive than Jansen... There's always gonna be a degree of risk (vs. risk/faith in Parrot) unless you're buying talent proven in your league... Then you're talking price-tags beyond mere 'back-up' unless you're minted.

I mean, say we have 100m to spend in the summer... If we blow 50/60 on (eg) Calum Wilson/Mitrovic/Ings to warm the bench; we're not likely to see a great deal of improvement to our first XI.

If we can avoid spreading our funds too thinly; I'm all for it.

I want any likely big spend to be on a DM.

If Jose stays as manager he will need a top centre forward to complement Harry, whether from the bench or alongside. Jose talks a lot about being able to bring quality off the bench after 70 mins when the opposition are tiring. He is a bit old school like Ferguson who always had two centre forwards on the bench. Under Jose we can definitely accommodate Harry, a new guy and Parrott

How to spend the funds. Agree about a DM, but a striker is equally important imo as we've seen this season. It's up to the club to make enough funds available so that we can properly strenghten

If Jose stays as manager he will need a top centre forward to complement Harry, whether from the bench or alongside. Jose talks a lot about being able to bring quality off the bench after 70 mins when the opposition are tiring. He is a bit old school like Ferguson who always had two centre forwards on the bench. Under Jose we can definitely accommodate Harry, a new guy and Parrott

Of course we're talking ideal worlds here.

I think it's quite telling that Jose wasn't driven to take a mere punt on one of the aforementioned in January.

Perhaps he had his mind set on someone that wasn't available til summer and knew he couldn't have both.

How to spend the funds. Agree about a DM, but a striker is equally important imo as we've seen this season. It's up to the club to make enough funds available so that we can properly strenghten

It's all too easy for us, as fans, to sit and say they "must" do X or Y, but they won't make any more available than is financially practical.

50m DM
60m ST
+ FBs, GK and the rest of the fan wish-list just is unlikely to happen given the inevitable lack of performance-based income this year.

Parrot making a step up would be huge for our transfer budget this summer.

Last edited:
I think we should return to the idea that we play 3 great lummocks up front and play long ball against their back 4.

Dier, Foyth and Dombele.

Then put Pamela on the left wing to crock Basaka and the plan is set.

First thing we must do is to get a decent keeper with a decent back up
We have neither at the moment

Would anyone notice ?
Always seems to be on the point of tears even when he played

The 'he looks like he's crying anyway; someone may as well punch him anyway' exterior is strong with him.

Bless him; when Pogba's stealing your lunch money on a daily basis it's bound to break you eventually.

The 'he looks like he's crying anyway; someone may as well punch him anyway' exterior is strong with him.

Bless him; when Pogba's stealing your lunch money on a daily basis it's bound to break you eventually.

I’ve no problem with OGS and liked him as a player
Nice guy
There was a rumour that he was going to join us once upon a time
I thought then why the fuck would he?
And sure enough he didn’t!

I’ve no problem with OGS and liked him as a player
Nice guy
There was a rumour that he was going to join us once upon a time
I thought then why the fuck would he?
And sure enough he didn’t!

TBH, I find him extremely (irrationally?) irritating as a manager.....

Back
Top Bottom