Tottenham Hotstats

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

not the kind of stats u lot are in to.
but does anyone know where i can find a site with a decent list of our top all time goalscorers.

the most i can find is top 10 on wiki. shows how bad i am at this stuff.
was looking for a longer list than top 10.

not the kind of stats u lot are in to.
but does anyone know where i can find a site with a decent list of our top all time goalscorers.

the most i can find is top 10 on wiki. shows how bad i am at this stuff.
was looking for a longer list than top 10.
My Football Facts and Stats
The fella running this site is a Spurs fan too. He used to post in every match thread with all the past stats and facts about the fixture, the only thing worth reading TBH but think he got feed up with a certain bulldog cunting him off so alas post no more. If you like what you see and you are on twitter I recommend following him @myfootballfacts

Newcastle analysis.
It's stat time again...
Yesterday we managed 170 passes in the attacking third, our highest of the season.
We also created a high number of chances, 16 in all....
T3lRvh0.png

but too many of them from outside of the box which is confirmed by out shot attempts...
ze4Yycj.png

In the match thread I said that I thought Alli had usurped the striker's position, especially in the first half,
but for various reasons, I saw little of the match.
So I have decided to throw the spotlight on HK.
Here's his dashboard...
FzVM0ii.png

Not much activity showing in the box!
and finally, passes received...
P6CYnAW.png

Again, you can see that he spent most of his time operating in midfield.
He's our go to player up front and whilst I like the idea of attacking players switching around in order to disrupt the
opposition defense somebody has to engage Coloccini & Mbemba otherwise they have a 'free pass'.
Sort it Poch!!!!

Here's a statistical preview of the S'hampton game from WhoScored....
Southampton-Tottenham Statistical Preview
One word of warning on Whoscored. Their player/team ratings are generally considered to be BS, since they rate a player up or down based on if the team won. So a guy who had 3 assists and 4 tackles in a losing effort gets marked down, when the guy who did the square root of fuck all but rode someone else's work to victory gets marked up. The raw numbers are from Opta and are fine, but their own ratings stuff is something to take with an entire salt mine.

One word of warning on Whoscored. Their player/team ratings are generally considered to be BS, since they rate a player up or down based on if the team won. So a guy who had 3 assists and 4 tackles in a losing effort gets marked down, when the guy who did the square root of fuck all but rode someone else's work to victory gets marked up. The raw numbers are from Opta and are fine, but their own ratings stuff is something to take with an entire salt mine.
Just trying to keep this (draw attention to) thread turning over...especially after the last 'match thread' debacle.
I agree, there are times when their individual ratings are hard to accept.

A useful review of the weekend from a fellow Spurs fan:
Poor Aston Villa, Farewell Mourinho and Leicester On Fire

James has a few great points about Leicester. Some of their stuff is good, some of their stuff is verging on the unsustainable in the "Imminent West Ham-style collapse" kind of way. They could do a Liverpool, but if Mahrez or Vardy sustain any kind of injury, all their achievements could turn into a pumpkin again.

Also:

This is a pretty good explanation of where the magic went for Southampton:

Shots from crosses are converted at the lowest-rate of all shot types. Basically because it's pretty hard to redirect a cross, rather than a throughball, and it's hard to get on the end of one in the first place. By relying on the least efficient way to make your chances, you wind up with a lot of futility.

This is a pretty good explanation of where the magic went for Southampton:

Shots from crosses are converted at the lowest-rate of all shot types. Basically because it's pretty hard to redirect a cross, rather than a throughball, and it's hard to get on the end of one in the first place. By relying on the least efficient way to make your chances, you wind up with a lot of futility.

No surprise to see us near the bottom of both of those graphs.

If you prefer a doom and gloom narrative, here are reasons we won't get to the top 4:

If we do pull it off, it will be from a weaker base than anyone else. Our poor conversion in the first 10 games of this year sort of puts us behind the 8-ball.

DO NOT LIKE STATES?

if you beat up states they will tell you anything?

The League table does not lie. We are sitting fourth with a very good defensive record and looking consistent this season, for a change. My only fear is, we go into Spurs collapse when it matters at the business end of the season. At the moment we are performing and looking fairly strong. We need to keep beating the lesser teams and get points off the better. We mustn't get bogged down with the EL and lose PL from. Lets take on Watford next and get 3 points and take each game there after...etc...

A couple of Squawka rankings at this point in the season...
ONeyCCN.png

and ...
Sqp5dbr.png

There's no doubt in my mind that Poch, this season, has given the team some room to express themselves.
The caveats are still in place (press and regain possession) but now the Belgian platform is allowing our MFs to operate with
some degree of confidence.

I'd like to see a graph of our points per game since the start of the season. Momentum is important over a 38 match campaign and at the halfway point, Spurs have it.

I'd like to see a graph of our points per game since the start of the season. Momentum is important over a 38 match campaign and at the halfway point, Spurs have it.
Just knocked this up, so excuse the crude nature - but hopefully it displays what you're after? We're hovering at around 1.8ppg, but we've gone from 1.62 to 1.82ppg in the last four games alone. If we can make it to 20 games with 40 points, top4 is looking pretty good.

3kRUrC2.png

Back
Top Bottom