Tottenham Hotstats

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you prefer a doom and gloom narrative, here are reasons we won't get to the top 4:

If we do pull it off, it will be from a weaker base than anyone else. Our poor conversion in the first 10 games of this year sort of puts us behind the 8-ball.

How will it be a weaker base than anyone? We're 2nd in GD and 2nd in goals against. Historically teams with this goal difference have made top 4. That's the whole point of the first set of stats you posted.

How will it be a weaker base than anyone? We're 2nd in GD and 2nd in goals against. Historically teams with this goal difference have made top 4. That's the whole point of the first set of stats you posted.
But not ppg from 13 games if I understand it, which I probably don't.

Last edited:
I saw that, that's what I think it means. Our ppg from 13 games is not enough historically. Ahgggh! Juicy Sushi Juicy Sushi help.
Sorry, I've been busy in the office.

But yes, Joe is right (in both senses). The tweets I reposted basically are a counter argument to our excellent underlying numbers. We play like one of the 3 best teams in England. But our current raw points total/points per game and our current goal difference are lower than most top 4 finishers in the Opta era (the era in which detailed Opta data is publically available). If you want to go further back, only 2 teams since 2000 have finished in the top 4 from a similar position. The heartening thing is that one of them (2001-02 Woolwich) actually won the title.

Quite good company to be in:

UHezzZm.jpg

And we're having one of the toughest schedules yet with Watford and Woolwich having tougher.
fWAoE4x.png

Cheeky cunt. You've only been here 2 months, I've been virtually teetotal - you've missed some of my best work. I'm not knocking it.
Maybe not your best work but I work odd hours so have been able to follow your work (and bans) for almost a year before signing up lol

Asda? I'm not a peasant.

(I used to sneak into Lidl when the missus was in Waitrose)
I'm not a peasant either but after a 12/14/16 hour shift and the missus says she needs nappies/wipes/food for the 1 year old asda saves me over 20 mins of extra driving ;)

Back
Top Bottom