Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They were pretty ordinary today. Just a team full of big blokes and they whip in a good set-piece. We have so many players out of form and yet had that VAR decision not gone against us it's likely to be a much different game.

Hope City scud Forest.
They would be a good 15 points behind city & Liverpool of a few years ago when they both kept having those close finishes. They have timed it really well.

we gave it a go and on another day maybe we get something from the game but if we can’t stop gifting teams easy goals we won’t win anything and this is what Ange needs to sort and fuck zonal marking at corners

There's a set piece coach? Or any coach. I don't know what that first half was.

We clawed back a bit of dignity that we should never have lost in the first place. Losing to those cunts at home. Fucking hell.

First half we got done by set pieces and a counter though, pretty sure Udogie would have prevented that Saka goal and an actual clue on how to setup on corners we would have fared better IMO

The fight back was nice to see and I think in general play we were competitive. This wasn’t the same as the Newcastle game.

But the two goals on set pieces were diabolical, that’s what got Woolwich the win. Even at the end we had to clear off the line from a basic corner. Until we fix that problem we won’t be winning many more games.

I felt that loss was down to us being toothless in front of goal, and that may be down to the tactical approach, break out slow, give the opposition time to mass up in front of the goal and then try and slide a ground ball through a bunch of legs … not a recipe for success.
Sonny was held by the same tactics, he needs space and movement and he isn’t getting it.

You fucking melts in here after we are better than title chasing woolwich.

Should have been 3-2 if not for the var being shit and you'd been well happy!
Title chasing Woolwich, says it all doesn’t it.. And where are we again? Fucking nowhere as we always are under these fucking thieving owners. 24 years and still being ripped off and pretending to be a big club. Fuck off……

1. Kulu got tripped in the box. Should have been a penalty. At the very least a VAR review.

Instead, no call and a Saka goal.

That’s a two goal swing.

2. You can’t push the keeper with both of your hands and have it not be a foul. Absolutely ridiculous.

That goal should have been disallowed.

That’s two less goals for Woolwich and one more goal for us.

The way the game was played the score should have been 3-1 in a Spurs victory.

We literally had more possession, more shots, almost 3x the xg.
They scored from an OG and Sakas really should have been a penalty to us.
I'm happy to say we didn't play amazing, but it's wrong to say we play shit
Weapons grade copium. Passing it endlessly around their box then losing it isn't "better"

We literally had more possession, more shots, almost 3x the xg.
They scored from an OG and Sakas really should have been a penalty to us.
I'm happy to say we didn't play amazing, but it's wrong to say we play shit
I agree. We scored a dodgy OG, hit the post, were denied a sure penalty. Could have won.

Back
Top Bottom