Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We tried that against Chavs...fucked our season up completely

Yeah we need to fucking kick the shit out of him and Odourguard very early in the game. Put the pressure on the officials not to ruin Skys big game.

We have to be smart about it. Make sure it’s not the same players but everyone has a nibble and then make the absolute most out of every retaliation. We are at home, milk it.

If the ref helps because they are little babies then that’s no different to what they’ve had all season anyway and it is what it is. We usually get fucked over by the refs, what’s the difference?

It's all setting up for a hostile atmosphere, best of the season.

Only for Woolwich to score within 5 minutes to silence it all.

Hope we kick the shit out of them tbh

As I've made my peace with this game coming at the wrong time for us.

The only thing I'll be upset about is if we don't leave that pitch having played like our lives depended on it.

It's 90mins top stop those cunts winning the league.

We do everything possible - with the weapons we do have - to stop them from winning.

And throw in some dirty tricks, shithousing, pinching, bad mouthing their mums etc.

I don't fucking care.

Need to be fucking animals.

I have been thinking about this as it’s felt quite familiar……..think back to 2010 and losing that fa cup semi against Pompey. We were chasing fourth then and had to play the scum, Chelsea and Man City (plus Man Utd) and nobody expected us to get anything and just revel in the semi final defeat. Well, we all know what happened next, those games felt daunting at the time and coming at the wrong time, but we did it (although we did have Bale and Modric but the feeling is fairly the same!)

I have been thinking about this as it’s felt quite familiar……..think back to 2010 and losing that fa cup semi against Pompey. We were chasing fourth then and had to play the scum, Chelsea and Man City (plus Man Utd) and nobody expected us to get anything and just revel in the semi final defeat. Well, we all know what happened next, those games felt daunting at the time and coming at the wrong time, but we did it (although we did have Bale and Modric but the feeling is fairly the same!)

Just lost to Sunderland in the league prior to getting knocked out of the cup by Portsmouth too.

At the time we hadn't beaten Woolwich in the league for over 10 years either.

City was a month later though.

As clinical he was against the poor teams he often choked in bigger matches sadly

As much as we all loved him; he was very purple-patchy too.

There's a reason he cyclically found himself on the bench and then moaned about needing to leave for first team football.

Just lost to Sunderland in the league prior to getting knocked out of the cup by Portsmouth too.

At the time we hadn't beaten Woolwich in the league for over 10 years either.

City was a month later though.

The scum game was the Danny rose volley and then the octopus made some of the most ridiculous saves I’ve even seen a keeper make. At night though, like I wish this one was. Makes such a difference. 2pm on a Sunday is very bland.

3 days later was the chavs. I mean, it’s quite similar although both those games were at home.

I am sure the Man City game was only a couple of weeks after.

Anyway, we’ve done it before.

The scum game was the Danny rose volley and then the octopus made some of the most ridiculous saves I’ve even seen a keeper make. At night though, like I wish this one was. Makes such a difference. 2pm on a Sunday is very bland.

3 days later was the chavs. I mean, it’s quite similar although both those games were at home.

I am sure the Man City game was only a couple of weeks after.

Anyway, we’ve done it before.

Yeah, Gomes put in one of the best goalkeeping displays I'd ever seen that night.

Yeah, no NLD should ever played before the hours of 6pm tbh. Needs to be under the lights.

We had two games after Chelsea before we played City. Lost at OT and then Huddlestone screamer against Bolton.

Some forget that Villa were actually still in the hunt for top 4 up until the weekend prior to us playing City. There are some parallels there.

Yeah, Gomes put in one of the best goalkeeping displays I'd ever seen that night.

Yeah, no NLD should ever played before the hours of 6pm tbh. Needs to be under the lights.

We had two games after Chelsea before we played City. Lost at OT and then Huddlestone screamer against Bolton.

Some forget that Villa were actually still in the hunt for top 4 up until the weekend prior to us playing City. There are some parallels there.

The highlights of that season video with the Florence & the machine song is great. Encapsulates it all.

I loved that team, probably my favourite since the 86/87 team I saw in my first season.

People can do all the "feeling" they want, I suppose.

I've got nothing against people wanting to do the fuck-reality-we're-gonna-do-this! thing for this game.

But I think it's actually unfair, because it's confected expectation; not balanced, in the circumstances (recent form, squad deficiencies, no udogie etc.).

And, as I expect, when we keep handing a technically sound, free-scoring team the ball in midfield and letting them run through our high, thin defences all day whilst fiddling about with the ball and refusing to shoot unless it's a tap-in from 2 yards, at the other end, not to mention dodgy zonal marking at corners, the result will be the obvious one.

The one the odds suggest.

Those that have pumped themselves up are gonna be raging at this and that.

Brushing aside that it was never really on the cards... really.

Again, the only thing I'll be fucked off about is if they don't play like their hair is on fire.

Proper nasty, spiteful, relentless pressing, relentless tempo (+ crowd needs to go mental all game).

I just think this game is horrible timing, when we've got so many things to sort out and form is off.

Just one of those things.

*If we do somehow manage to draw/win, I shall post pics of my very large cock in celebration (balls included).

I've got nothing against people wanting to do the fuck-reality-we're-gonna-do-this! thing for this game.

But I think it's actually unfair, because it's confected expectation; not balanced, in the circumstances (recent form, squad deficiencies, no udogie etc.).

And, as I expect, when we keep handing a technically sound, free-scoring team the ball in midfield and letting them run through our high, thin defences all day whilst fiddling about with the ball and refusing to shoot unless it's a tap-in from 2 yards, at the other end, not to mention dodgy zonal marking at corners, the result will be the obvious one.

Again, the only thing I'll be fucked off about is if they don't play like their hair is on fire.

Proper nasty, spiteful, relentless pressing, relentless tempo (+ crowd needs to go mental all game).

I just think this game is horrible timing, when we've got so many things to sort out and form is off.

*If we do somehow manage to draw/win, I shall post pics of my very large cock in celebration (balls included).

I agree. I’ve mentioned that a few times. Plus Odegaard won’t be marked in the oceans we don’t bother occupying in front of the fullbacks and will have time and space to thread balls through to Saka. What could happen is obvious. I was just trying to be positive.

I agree. I’ve mentioned that a few times. Plus Odegaard won’t be marked in the oceans we don’t bother occupying in front of the fullbacks and will have time and space to thread balls through to Saka. What could happen is obvious. I was just trying to be positive.
Fine.

But what I can see happening is people going too far with the gas and if/when we collapse - against a very good, well-oiled, properly functioning team (around the top of the table for a reason), let's just be real - they'll be all AnGe OuT, and it will be nonsense and tiresome.

That's what's gonna happen, mate.

We're a team on our way somewhere, on a bumpy road.

And our vehicle is a bit janky and the wheels a bit wobbly and unstable.

Need better parts and have to give our chief mechanic time to work on it and get it purring.

All I'm saying is don't go over the top on this game.

Magnify Rick Moranis GIF

Me, looking for your small print

Fine.

But what I can see happening is people going too far with the gas and if/when we collapse - against a very good, well-oiled, properly functioning team (around the top of the table for a reason), let's just be real - they'll be all AnGe OuT, and it will be nonsense and tiresome.

That's what's gonna happen, mate.

We're a team on our way somewhere, on a bumpy road.

And our vehicle is a bit janky and the wheels a bit wobbly and unstable.

Need better parts and have to give our chief mechanic time to work on it and get it purring.

All I'm saying is don't go over the top on this game.
I think we've got to toe a fine line between being up for it and not getting too bullish.

If we don't puff our chests out, there won't be enough energy to be the 12th man.

The fans will be the difference on the day.

Back
Top Bottom