Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace on a SATURDAY!!!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Positives:
Didn't concede.
Fazio was MOTM, Jan played well, Davies looked good and put in quality crosses
Lloris back to his part time job of being Magneto
No injuries
Still a point, level with Liverpool and keeping up with the pack

Negatives:
Players looked shattered and it's only start of December
Dier is never a right back and would struggle even in the Championship
Soldado missed great chances, again
The parasite that infected Kane has now left his body, making him merely human
Didn't press, no game plan, passed slow
Could have gone above Scum with a win

I said the next 3-4 games would decide our season, so far not a great start. Hoping this month doesn't break us. Pretty worried about Newcastle.

I FUCKING HATE US SOMETIMES!
I love Tottenham Hotspur... the proud history... the PURE, PLAIN LILYWHITE shirt...
AUDERE-EST-FACERE... not this corporate Americanized 'Brand THFC; I WILL' TM (C) bullshit!
We're too busy uploading selfies on instagram to worry about dispatching a team we should be dispatching with ease if we have ANY delusions of grandeur!
we're a bunch of soppy lazy cunts who can't learn their lesson, and who only turn up when it suits them!
we wanna be in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE? fucking hell, they'd tear us a new arsehole EVERY WEDNESDAY!

I understand the sentiment but you do realize those running the social media and Instagram don't have anything to do with coaching, playing, or running the team? It's annoying, but it isn't why we're shit on the field.

Meanwhile, on the forums...

200.gif

So what should be our best team from here on out? I'd say this but not with any conviction.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies/Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Lennon, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane][/formation]

You keep comparing Paulinhos situation to other players who were poor.

Again, Paulinho has never justified game time. Others have, on numerous occassions, so I understand why they play, even after being poor.

Pauli is a geniune goal threat from midfield and drifts into great positions in and around the opponents box

that's why when we need a goal like today he comes on

it beats the hell out of a Bentaleb mile high special with time running out

...wait - what about the Europa League curse and that goshdarned small pitch??? we need time for our squad to "gel" and get used to the PL style...;)
COYS

At the start of the season everyone was complaining about poch rotating the players so much. Now that he's found players he can work with for now and has stopped rotating the whole team for every match people still aren't happy? The players must have looked in training like they were fit enough and not too tired otherwise he wouldn't have picked them.

Poor performance. Players, Poch and ENIC.

We needed another striker in the summer. Some Spurs fans have told me we didn't need Welbeck, yeah right.

We had two 'Home Grown' spaces available at the the end of the window. Poor management, by whoever was responsible. Our squad would have been so much better with, for example, Welbeck and Lescott, both available had we come up with the money.

As ever, it's so obvious Chelsea and City have better owners than ours, and yet still so many (most?) Spurs fans deny this.

Back
Top Bottom