Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion (Sun 21st Sep)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone for a game of 'post-defeat Spurs social media cliché' bingo?

I'm sure Kaboul will be looking to Bounce Back against Forest.
West Brom are a good side, they work hard and are well-organised. Overall, I think we played well. We just need to be more clinical and turn our possession into goals. I'm confident we will do that.

Bingo!

It's weird because when we were playing like this under AVB, I got the impression that that was simply his style and he was being found out tactically at Prem league level. But Poch has been doing his nut in on the sidelines for the whole of this game, he's clearly expecting pace and aggression (like Southampton) but expecting those things with a squad like ours is just fitting square pegs in round holes.

So urm,

PLAYERS OUT

Ive decided, we have not played well at all this season.
Well not impressive by any means.
West Ham, wasnt great, luckily got a win.
QPR is the only good game weve played, but then again they are shit.
Liverpool we got raped.
Europa game we didnt register a shot.
And this West Brom game, 1 shot on target, and a poor display.
I dont want people to compare us to Man Utd!

And played really well. Time to get Fazio and Vertonghen into defense, no more shit with our back line. Once we've sorted that we can start looking forwards but Chiriches in particular was useless today.

still worried about Fazio's pace after Thursday's match. Like Kab for now.. didn't have the worst game today. Verts is an absolute must in the league, though.

edit*: and yes.. good god, Chiriches looked like he's never been coached on how to stand a man up today. So many poor lunges and stabs at the ball, Berahino had a fockin field day with him.

It's like we have all the quality in midfield and everything else is league 2 standard.
Kaboul - Championship standard
Chiriches - Championship standard
Rose - Skrill North Standard
Goaldado - Portsmouth Grammar School Girls reserves
Okay Chiriches was useless. But Kaboul wasn't too bad today by any stretch of the imagination. Rose for me was one of our best players... And Soldado barely got a touch but looked useful when he came on.

still worried about Fazio's pace after Thursday's match. Like Kab for now.. didn't have the worst game today. Verts is an absolute must in the league, though.
Fazio's pace is a worry and I agree Kaboul has looked better in the last two games so I have no problem sticking with him. We need Walker back though ASAP because we looked so one sided today since Rose was our only wide outlet.

Back
Top Bottom