Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

terrible linkage (Dembélé and Stambouli).

Not sure what games you've been watching but Stambouli passes the ball very quickly, usually one or two touches and does get forward. Tends to be very positive. Such "Terrible linkage" that he got a goal and then was clean through on goal too.

Not sure what games you've been watching but Stambouli passes the ball very quickly, usually one or two touches and does get forward. Tends to be very positive. Such "Terrible linkage" that he got a goal and then was clean through on goal too.

Fairly sure most players have scored one goal for the club. I think we need to play mason with dembele or stambouli

I'm really hoping we win this, haven't won a trophy in years. I'm dying to get some silverware this season, us and united are the only English clubs to win at least one trophy in every decade for the last 6 decades and I'd like for us to get one now and build on that. I'd go with

---------------------Vorm-------------------
Chiriches--Fazio--Vertonghen--Davies
----------Stambouli--Bentaleb-----------
Lennon----------Eriksen------------Chadli
---------------------Kane--------------------

Rest Mason out only because he's seemed a bit tired lately.

Even though I've never felt more disconnected from my club as I am right now, I still want us to win a trophy (who doesn't?) So to see people suggesting that we 'rest' players for the Newcastle game, a cup quarter final game no less, is truly baffling to me. Seriously, do you think our league form (and position) is more important than winning a trophy? We win this and we're in a cup semi final - a bit of excitement in an otherwise shit season so far. Surely you want that over Ryan Mason feeling a bit fresher on Sunday?!

[formation=4231, Lloris, Naughton, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose, Stambouli, Bentaleb, Lennon, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane][/formation]

Sure we would like win BUT we don't have to. We HAVE to beat Burnely on Saturday. I'm hoping Poch has squad mgt in mind for this one.
Vorm
Naughton, Chiriches, Kaboul, Rose
Stambouli, Capoue
Lennon, Dembele, Chadli
Adebayor
That leaves opportunity for bench to impact late in game if necessary and maintains freshness for weekend.

I would rather win this one that Burnley at the weekend If I am honest. Football is about trophies.

Finishing up the league gives you a chance to compete for another trophy. But what is the point if you are neglecting the ones you are already in?

Looking at our track record it's easy to see why people want some players rested but both games are at the lane so we should be able to have our cake and eat it too. Having said that, no need to start walker or eriksen everyone else should be available Hugo must start and IMO dier should get the nod at CB for a confidence boost. I'd leave capoue off the squad cause he's detrimental.

Aren't there still fuck loads of tickets available?
Yeah I cant believe how many are left, bet if we get to Wembley people will come out of the woodwork

I wouldn't say there are that many unsold - all of nine in the whole of the Park Lane, about 500 in the Paxton, maybe 40 in the West and about 100 in the East? All in the corners too. I wouldn't say we've done too bad if 35,000 turn up for a Wednesday night league cup game in mid-December when everyone's broke. I'd like us to be selling out these games but it's not always going to happen.

We have a great chance of winning this competition so should field our strongest possible team.

To me that means starting our best player, Lloris.

Naturally if players are too tired to perform well, they should be rested. I can't know who that applies to, as I'm just a mug punter. My strong guess though is that it doesn't apply to Hugo.

I think the best team we can field is something like this, bearing in mind last Thursday as well as Swansea.

HL; one of Vlad/Naughton/Dier, Fazio, Verts, Davies; Stambouli, two of Dembele/Bentaleb/Mason, Eriksen Kane Chadli/Lennon.

As long as Kane Lloris Eriksen Stambouli Fazio and Verts start, we should be able to build a winning team round them.

We have a great chance of winning this competition so should field our strongest possible team.

Couldn't agree more - we should try to win EVERY cup competition we're in, I want us to win trophies not just qualify for the Champions League - something we're never going to win in a million years. It really pisses me off that everything comes down to just qualifying for the CL, at the expense of competing in cup competitions which we have much more of a chance of actually winning!

Back
Top Bottom