Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we'll be fired up for this one. A couple of decent cup runs could really help this team to establish itself. Although it may not be a sell-out, those who are there will be up for it, and there should be a decent atmosphere.
4-0 (Soldado 2, Kane and a Davies screamer)
:pochohshit:

Vorm
Naughton Dier Vertonghen Davies
Stambouli Bentaleb
Lennon Dembele Eriksen
Kane

Have a strong bench that includeds Onamah who should get some time if we have the game won! Still not that confident we will

I am in no way even a casual admirer of Newcastle. Tiote in particular is thug. But, I will say it's fascinating to see how 8 weeks ago the Barcodes were calling for Pardew's head, with everyone holding a paper sign saying "Pardew Out." And then he goes on a tear even taking down Man City. An instructive display on the Fates of Football.

The loathing is still strong. I hope we do them right on Wednesday.

3-0 Spurs - Soldado, Soldado, Kane

Cmon Cmon you spurs.
Really is time to get behind the team.
Fuck discussing tactics and who should /should not play.
1882 or not join in and really raise the roof of.
I can't stand Geordies myself so really want to keep them quiet.
In block 34 for this one and can't wait.

We need to go for it, but we also need to rest key players (Mason in particular looks gassed). It's a bit of a conundrum.
[formation=433, Vorm, Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Lamela, Capoue, Paulinho, Lennon, Soldado, Townsend][/formation]

Do champions get smashed 4-5-6 nil too?

....Please tell me they do?
newcastleunited-teamcolours.jpg

Sure we would like win BUT we don't have to. We HAVE to beat Burnely on Saturday. I'm hoping Poch has squad mgt in mind for this one.
Vorm
Naughton, Chiriches, Kaboul, Rose
Stambouli, Capoue
Lennon, Dembele, Chadli
Adebayor
That leaves opportunity for bench to impact late in game if necessary and maintains freshness for weekend.

Sure we would like win BUT we don't have to. We HAVE to beat Burnely on Saturday. I'm hoping Poch has squad mgt in mind for this one.
Vorm
Naughton, Chiriches, Kaboul, Rose
Stambouli, Capoue
Lennon, Dembele, Chadli
Adebayor
That leaves opportunity for bench to impact late in game if necessary and maintains freshness for weekend.
We do have to win, or we're out - we're only 3 games (2 ties) from a cup final. Why do you care so little for a trophy? We don't have to beat Burnley (though we should) I don't understand your attitude at all. 3 domestic trophies available, one of them clearly beyond us already, and you're happy to throw away a chance to win one of them?

Last edited:
After seeing so many people saying Soldado to score I will make my own prediction. Poch to score a hat trick, inflating his chubby cheeks with the air of Zeus himself and blowing the ball into the net from the side lines..:pochohshit:

Jay Rod to come out later in another interview and tell the world press it's not the first time he's blown balls, but spectacular all the same.:pochsmirk:

Lloris, Naughton, Vertonghen, Chiriches, Rose, Stambouli, Dembele, Townsend, Eriksen, Chadli, Soldado

I'd pick something like that. Nice, strong team, with a few changes to keep people fresh.

We really do have a shit midfield, jesus Christ I shudder looking at those teams. There's either little strength (mason and Bentaleb) or terrible linkage (Dembélé and Stambouli). I don't know what to do but we need to fix that CM/DM mess fairly quickly

Back
Top Bottom