Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you go to work? Do you have friends? Do you ever go out in public? Do you have family members?

I'm sure there's a million people right now dreading going to work on Monday because some cunt is going to sit next to them and take the piss. Not many of us can simply "switch off" these things like we can the internet.

I’m dreading going out of my front door as a ManUre fan lives next door and I gave him shit after the 2-0 win

So Hugo Lloris was the difference between us winning and losing today?

His presence alone would have made Kane, Dele and Son play better?

He was a factor as was Toby not playing and Son not being subbed at half time

Let’s face it today’s game was a clusterfuck

Scenes on here if he replaces Wenger

ukraine3.gif.da7f3b05d968e0f6f2ca1d727d0cad44.gif

Or Wenger comes here with Steve Bould!

Today, even I melted.

I don’t normally melt and get over that by having the odd cunt off

But today I’m so upset and dispirited I can’t be arsed to do either

I’ve tried to make excuses recently but that’s four games on the trot where we haven’t been good enough and that includes Poch

Now the nightmare of the Chavs pipping us for 4th is for real

Fuck it

Some of you lot are an embarrassment.. you’re the first to say oh let’s pop over to RAwK or Red Cafe or Woolwich fan tv after they lose and comment on how embarrassing they are after a defeat.

Reading some of your comments, you are worse than anything I’ve seen elsewhere.
Spot on. Fair enough to be angry/gutted and to vent, fully understandable, I'm stiil fucked off and depressed with the 2nd half response, but some of the doom and gloom merchants on here are incredible.

Very weird. I’ve been ignoring “spurs need to win a trophy”; and earlier, “spurs are always the almost guys”. I feel we in some respects we lived up to those stereotypes today.

But tonight - I cannot fault the players. I think if you scapegoat Vorm youre a cunt; I think his selection - if nothing else - tells you how amazing our manager is. His selection personifies the mentality of the manager, as well as the this squad. Not interested in any comment that suggests with LLoris in goal, we would have progressed.

I also noticed that a few cunts on this forum felt it appropriate to blame Dembele for our demise. Ignoring his slip, he would have been MOM had we won. Another amazing performance, despite the slip.

The question ends up being - why didn’t we win? Why did it feel we were never going to win when their second goal went in?

MoPo is god. The team are sensational. But, as much as I hate to admit it it, that’s rad the bias media’s perception of Spurs.

Anyone know how Boltonspur is after watching the game in a pub full of smug Mancs

Felt for him

Some of you lot are an embarrassment.. you’re the first to say oh let’s pop over to RAwK or Red Cafe or Woolwich fan tv after they lose and comment on how embarrassing they are after a defeat.

Reading some of your comments, you are worse than anything I’ve seen elsewhere.

Mate we have been heading the way of Gooners at a rapid pace ever since missing out to Leicester

I was convinced we would win today I fear we have peaked and will be very hard to go again without a fair bit of freshening up in the summer and go into the new stadium with our heads held high, competing with Madrid, Juve, and all the teams in top 6 with a fraction of the budget is still remarkable

Big picture I am thankful we have landed in top 6 when the money musical chairs stopped, very thankful, as Everton, Villa and other genuine peers of ours have not, I get to enjoy season after season

I don’t worry about losing games like this, we will return we always do, I worry about the way fans behave these days, VAR, cunts like Pogba, that’s what I worry about, all the shit ruining the game

COYS

Return to what? Another submissive display after some promising moments? Can hardly fucken contain my excitement

To Wembley, next week!

We have played well in semis and badly and still lose, makes no difference it seems sadly

Need to avoid sounding like entitled Gooners as I said the peers of ours villa and Everton are nowhere

Our average league position since 61 is 8th

Here's my verdict, now that I'm starting to get over this result.

In all honesty, this result was always going to happen. That's why yesterday I posted, had we won today, it would have meant Poch talking "serious business" but we were never going to win today, not in a million years. We could rant about the players, the goalkeeper and the manager all we want but this is our level. I've accepted this is our level for a while now. This is one of the best times of our modern era history, from being able to compete on a decent level in the CL (beating the likes of BVB, RM), being able to secure top 4, going on deep FA cup runs and beating big teams like Chelsea, Liverpool, Utd in the league, but I've fully come to terms, we will never go on to the next level. This is the highest level the club has been in our modern era but however this is our limit, unfortunately. This will never change unless we have a City/Chelsea styled takeover.

Poch has done great things and I love the guy, but he isn't an elite level manager, with the mentality to win titles/cups/big games. Elite level managers like Mourinho are born winners. While Poch isn't the manager to take us to the next level, we will never be able to attract an elite manager to this club, so Poch is our best hope. I'm still happy with our current level, and hope we can enjoy this level for a while.

Conclusion: Expecting Spurs to win titles/cups is like a West Ham fan expecting to challenge for the top 4. Both unrealistic.

Back
Top Bottom