Tottenham Hotspur v Luton. 3pm 30/3/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Need to bounce back and I think Luton are the perfect team for us to do just that against. They'll give it a go at some point in the game and I think we could put a good few past them. Really enjoyed them this season though and hope they somehow manage to stay up.

Then again I did say I had a good feeling and inkling that we would beat Fulham by a few...

On paper it's a good game to get us back to winning ways.
Sadly it could go either way.

The football is starting to become tiresome which is such a shame because early on in the season we were playing some beautiful football.

Wasn't tiresome the game before.

Knee-jerk, bipolar bollocks basically........ Over the span of Villa (who - ironically - were feared pre-game) and Fulham (who - even more ironically - were dismissed pre-game) we've seen TFC in a nutshell.

Last edited:
......Meanwhile; we're roughly where we ought to be in a transitional season.

With every season being a transitional season I think it’s very unfair people have expected us to win any cups either under ENIC.

Although Danny’s idea of making no signings to slow it wasn’t a transitional season did seem a bit extreme it did however get us to a CL final so there was sense in his madness.

Are we safe to say next season won’t be a transitional season?

If so at least 1 trophy or most probably 4 could and should be on the cards.

That's a cliche though..... It's not true.....

Being shit =/= transitional season.

Generally speaking having a new manager is definitely a transition.

Add in needing to refresh the squad.

19/20. poch out / Mourinho in. Start of poch squad refresh.

20/21. Mourinho first summer transfer window. Mourinho out / Mason in.

21/22 Nuno In / nuno out / conte in Fuck knows what happened with transfers.

22/23. Conte first summer window. Conte out / stellini in / stellini out / Mason in.

23/24. Ange in. Ange First summer window.

24/25. Can we give a manager a full season!!??!!

:ange-facepalm2::ange-pray::ange-facepalm:

Generally speaking having a new manager is definitely a transition.

Add in needing to refresh the squad.

19/20. poch out / Mourinho in. Start of poch squad refresh.

20/21. Mourinho first summer transfer window. Mourinho out / Mason in.

21/22 Nuno In / nuno out / conte in Fuck knows what happened with transfers.

22/23. Conte first summer window. Conte out / stellini in / stellini out / Mason in.

23/24. Ange in. Ange First summer window.

24/25. Can we give a manager a full season!!??!!

:ange-facepalm2::ange-pray::ange-facepalm:

You're literally proving my point.

We didn't start last season saying "It's ok; It's a transitional season"..... We expected to kick on having finished 4th and spent a decent wedge on players.

We didn't enter 19/20 with that attitude either........ Jose was expected to build upon his previous 6th place finish.

It's not a phrase you retrospectively assign to a season cos it didn't go as planned........

Nor does every season with a new manager automatically constitute a "transitional" season.... Nor is it to be deemed so any time you simply buy a few players........ 5/6/7 players per summer is the norm....

A revamp is something specific pertaining to how many first teamers you are seeking to replace and how much of a full re-set the manager is expected to initiate.

Last edited:
With every season being a transitional season I think it’s very unfair people have expected us to win any cups either under ENIC.

Although Danny’s idea of making no signings to slow it wasn’t a transitional season did seem a bit extreme it did however get us to a CL final so there was sense in his madness.

Are we safe to say next season won’t be a transitional season?

If so at least 1 trophy or most probably 4 could and should be on the cards.
We are due a caretaker season next year, it’s standard for Levy to fuck shit up at least once every two years. my money is on Jedinak taking the helm

Regular match going fans:

I’m going to Matilda in the Cambridge theatre in the Covent Garden area at 7:30.

Will i make it on time? 😳

Back
Top Bottom