Tottenham Hotspur v Luton. 3pm 30/3/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vic
Porro Rom VdV Udogie
Bentancur Bissouma
Sarr Kulusevski Maddison
Son

Sarr on the right, I am telling you! Madders to get his mojo back on the left. Kulusevski doing the yards and pressing from number ten. Bentancur to give a bit of composure to the middle. Son for his finishing.

Werner, Richy and Johnson to come off the bench and run about like mad cunts for 20 mins.

6-0 win.

I dno if that is the case but we misplaced so many simple passes. That isn't Postecoglous fault.

I also noticed how Sarrs pressing(Postecoglous instruction/tactic) was just leaving holes everywhere, however when Bentancur did it, it was when it was on and not when there was unnecessary risk.

I felt Bissouma was held out to dry a bit, he had so much ground to cover because of Sarrs lack of discipline at times, Although Biss did switch off at key moments.

Maddison set the tone right at the start with his shit pass that lead to their first chance. he didn't help out defensively at all from what I remember. was poor.

Once the midfield did manage to do some good work our forwards gave it away, way too many times.

Postecoglou should have made changes at half time. It was clear to see but I don't think you can blame the manager when 8 of your players are miss placing passes constantly.
We mis-placed passes because Fulham pressed us. We've seen that many times this season.

Vic
Porro Rom VdV Udogie
Bentancur Bissouma
Sarr Kulusevski Maddison
Son

Sarr on the right, I am telling you! Madders to get his mojo back on the left. Kulusevski doing the yards and pressing from number ten. Bentancur to give a bit of composure to the middle. Son for his finishing.

Werner, Richy and Johnson to come off the bench and run about like mad cunts for 20 mins.

6-0 win.

Nah we don't need to make wholesale changes and try people in different positions

We lost against Fulham due to lack of effort and we didn't do the basics, so I don't see why we need to throw the baby out the bathwater

Only 1 change and that's Bent for Biss, apart from that keep it how it is.

Vicario
Porro - Romero - Van de Ven* - Udogie
Sarr - Bentancur - Maddison
Johnson - Son - Werner
I'd go with that. Defence picks itself if everyone is fit, Dragusin in if van de Ven doesn't make it. Bentancur in for Bissouma. I think Werner needs to be back in the starting eleven, he was one of our best players against Palace and hasn't started since.

Sadly, I actually think Richarlison might come back in for this one and Son will go back out to the left. Johnson and Werner on the bench. And perhaps the same midfield with Ange telling them to go and make it up to us.

That was a must win.

This is a MUST win.

There's a huge difference.
Luton now have an added boost and have been plucky and fought hard all season. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we got turned over. We should be winning this 100% if we lost this I'd be even more furious than I've been over the Fulham game.

Vicario
Porro Romero Davies/Dragusin udogie
Sarr bentancur
Werner maddison Son
Richarlison

Switch it up slightly have udogie overlapping and son inside finding space to get his shots off. Also richarlison up top gives us the opportunity to put some good balls in to the box and switch our play up and be a bit less predictable.

We mis-placed passes because Fulham pressed us. We've seen that many times this season.

Fulham did press us into some turnovers but there were many awful giveaways under minimal pressure too. We were far too hurried and tried to force the play instead of being patient. Away from home you have to try and control the game not turn it into a basketball match.

that was the case at times but not all the time.

3 of their goals could easily have been avoided with better decision making or better passing.

Fulham did press us into some turnovers but there were many awful giveaways under minimal pressure too. We were far too hurried and tried to force the play instead of being patient. Away from home you have to try and control the game not turn it into a basketball match.

There's the initial press, but the secondary effect is how we lose our composure when we're pressed. IE, they will start misplacing passes more frequently even when not pressed.
I don't know why. It's a bit like how we seem to default to trying to drop deeper when we're under pressure, and have done for 3 or 4 coaches in a row.
It's even more baffling that they do it when most of them are entirely different players.

Vicario
Porro - Romero - Van de Ven* - Udogie
Sarr - Bentancur - Maddison
Johnson - Son - Werner
I'd go with that. Defence picks itself if everyone is fit, Dragusin in if van de Ven doesn't make it. Bentancur in for Bissouma. I think Werner needs to be back in the starting eleven, he was one of our best players against Palace and hasn't started since.

Sadly, I actually think Richarlison might come back in for this one and Son will go back out to the left. Johnson and Werner on the bench. And perhaps the same midfield with Ange telling them to go and make it up to us.
Agreed.

I think that's our most best XI right now. As you said, I imagine Ange will continue to stick with Kulusevski. For what reason? I do not know. He loses possession far too often and has been poor for a long time. I'd much rather have Johnson and Werner on the flanks making something happen.

.........Would rather see Everton, Forest or Brentford (or CP or B'muff) get the drop before they do.
And their manager is a hottie, so would like to see more of him please.
Happy Football GIF by Luton Town FC

I can't wait for this game, just to get the last game out of our system. Surely we can't play as badly again?
I just want to see some urgency, desire and commitment, which we were all lacking last time around.

On my birthday this one. I expect a response. Biss not being selected for international duty should give him a kick up the arse. Hopefully Van de Ven is back.

I’m playing in a tournament at Hotspur Way this Thursday, proper excited for it.

Back
Top Bottom