Tottenham Hotspur v Luton. 3pm 30/3/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If more than half the ball is over the line, it should be a goal. Period.

But the powers that be like to complicate simple things. Cause they're mugs.
And then there’d be arguments about whether the ball was 50% (goal or not?), 51% (goal) or 49% (no goal) over the line.

All it would do is shift the goal/no goal dividing line. It would still be down to millimetres. And would the 50% rule apply for corners and throws too? And what about in/out of the area for pens?

It should stay as it is. Period.

VAR/Goal Line Failed...

SwlznNq.jpeg

Frame 2
7IL4Uum.jpg

And then there’d be arguments about whether the ball was 50% (goal or not?), 51% (goal) or 49% (no goal) over the line.

All it would do is shift the goal/no goal dividing line. It would still be down to millimetres. And would the 50% rule apply for corners and throws too? And what about in/out of the area for pens?

It should stay as it is. Period.
I know, my good man. We don't need to open another can of worms. They're already struggling as it is!

Was just me being frustrated but I'm fine now. Plenty other silly rules in footy that need addressing first.

I know, my good man. We don't need to open another can of worms. They're already struggling as it is!

Was just me being frustrated but I'm fine now. Plenty other silly rules in footy that need addressing first.
We’ve all been there mate. I’d probably still be moaning about it if we didn’t win.

youre a total troll /1diot of the highest order.. you add nothing but a snide remark about colour?

Green box doesn't prove anything other than the fact there's a fucking green box placed on an image, well done.

Wasn't a goal, people just need to deal with it - absolute state of this fanbase this season, such victimhood.

Green box doesn't prove anything other than the fact there's a fucking green box placed on an image, well done.

Wasn't a goal, people just need to deal with it - absolute state of this fanbase this season, such victimhood.
u are still an idiot..
people are discussing abut VAR & goal line fail & youre going on abut victimhood and fanbase

u are still an idiot..
people are discussing abut VAR & goal line fail & youre going on abut victimhood and fanbase

I'll tell you why you're acting like victims:

The goal line tech didn't fail, it done it's job which it has been programmed to do - every time the ball goes in the referees buzzer on his watch goes off, are you telling me that the goal line tech failed at that very moment and worked for the other goals?

Only victims looking into some deep conspiracy will argue the contrary.

Also I don't know why you're mentioning VAR, VAR has nothing to do with GLT?

So we ignore sonny lost it and bissouma allows the cross and dragusin seems to just stand there instead of engaging...

Sonny didn’t lose it. The pass was several meters behind him when he was going at their goal. He went back to try to undo the damage and couldn’t recover the ball. It boils down to a horrific pass from Kulu, completely unforced, giving the other team a counter that resulted in a goal.

I'll tell you why you're acting like victims:

The goal line tech didn't fail, it done it's job which it has been programmed to do - every time the ball goes in the referees buzzer on his watch goes off, are you telling me that the goal line tech failed at that very moment and worked for the other goals?

Only victims looking into some deep conspiracy will argue the contrary.

Also I don't know why you're mentioning VAR, VAR has nothing to do with GLT?
Maybe they rebooted the technology after that incident.

Sonny didn’t lose it. The pass was several meters behind him when he was going at their goal. He went back to try to undo the damage and couldn’t recover the ball. It boils down to a horrific pass from Kulu, completely unforced, giving the other team a counter that resulted in a goal.
Why the fuck would anyone bring Dragusin into ? Sonny tried to win it and they got the break of the ball. All on Deki and Biss.

Expectations of this fanbase are crazy through the roof which is weird considering we are in rebuild season, there's gonna be times where we're not meant to enjoy some of the matches but people (not you) expect champagne football very week and dominant scorelines, not sure it works like that.
That may be true but how often have we played champagne football this season? Everyone says it’s a free hit season then why not go for it. We play too slow and without urgency to score most of the time. We wake up either after going behind or after HT talk which for the life of me can’t understand why that is not done BEFORE the game!

I wasn’t bored because I know what’s coming. We grind teams down and find ways to win games. I thought we were comfortable but annoyed at the goal we conceded. At the end of the day it’s 3 pts and whether you score early and win 6-0 or do it the way we do it regularly it’s still the same.
For anybody to expect us to doing better than we are are delusional. It will get better but have some patience.

I pay to watch 90 minutes of football. Not 45 minutes of wearing the oppo out and then 45 minutes of trying to take advantage of it.
We usually found a way to win games under Conte but fans were whining left right and center that was boring.

Back
Top Bottom