Tottenham Hotspur v Luton. 3pm 30/3/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Obviously my problem, but I’m not really enjoying going to games again. Expectations from myself need to be lowered perhaps. I dunno. Doesn’t seem like many are enjoying these games again though. The boos at half time should be a warning to everyone.
Our fans want an exciting AND dominant team. Perfectly reasonable expectation on the macro scale but not sure it's realistic to expect more on the micro scale. Another day that could have been 4-1.

Huge relief. I stayed patient and expected us to win somehow. I haven't seen the game so can't comment much . Conceding early needs sorting out though, just switch on defensively from the start and don't go gung ho from the off.

Johnson got MOM and it sounds like he deserved it. I like him, he's fast and intelligent, plenty of time to develop.

The early goal came from a horrific pass by Kulu when we were near their box. They went on a fast counter from there.

Obviously my problem, but I’m not really enjoying going to games again. Expectations from myself need to be lowered perhaps. I dunno. Doesn’t seem like many are enjoying these games again though. The boos at half time should be a warning to everyone.
Yeah the football hasn't been great, I have not watched the last few games, been bored silly by what has been on offer.
Not really sure what he is trying to achieve, made hard work of today by the sounds of it.
Maybe next season will be better or maybe not, but it has been a tough watch, and yet people say Jose and Conte were boring.

Our fans want an exciting AND dominant team. Perfectly reasonable expectation on the macro scale but not sure it's realistic to expect more on the micro scale. Another day that could have been 4-1.
On many days it could have been and hasn't, when it keeps happening this way you realise it's not coincidence

If it was in TV (and I could actually withdraw MY funds) I'd probably have sold the ticket today.

I felt like this last season after Xmas because it was the same 11, game after game, no matter how bad they were.

I'm getting those vibes again with Kulu on the right making our football absolutely fucking awful. What a lot of the easily pleased fans here can't seem to fathom, is just having the ball doesn't make the style attractive.
This is NOT attractive football. It's fucking boring. By the time we finally scored i could hardly summon the enthusiasm to celebrate it.

And a "problem" with winning, is that it hides the problems and, if anything, prevents them being addressed.

If there's one thing that has been a positive today to me, it's that finally people are seeing what I've been seeing since probably West Ham home loss. Kulu shouldn't be our RW. With what we have, he should be behind Johnson and possibly even others. He stunts our moment consistently

In all seriousness something has to be going on with him, it’s simply not the same player from earlier in the season. He seems unable to move about the pitch and has lost all
Agreed. Very odd. That’s was fucking hard going today. With our run in we simply had to win. But the first half suggested that the players had no such urgency.

Mental isn't it?

We won well, we've moved up a spot on the table, and we won well.

There's a proper nasty undertone on here today, so I think I'll give this place a swerve for a while.
The seriousness of the reaction is coming from anyone with eyes. They were mostly horrid today and the players need to fucking well wake up and make it happen, not fuck about and make Luton look decent. Coming off Fulham, which was an abomination and delivering that first half today should ring a lot of alarm bells. It’s unacceptable to be that pathetic when chasing things that matter.

Expectations of this fanbase are crazy through the roof which is weird considering we are in rebuild season, there's gonna be times where we're not meant to enjoy some of the matches but people (not you) expect champagne football very week and dominant scorelines, not sure it works like that.

Mental isn't it?

We won well, we've moved up a spot on the table, and we won well.

There's a proper nasty undertone on here today, so I think I'll give this place a swerve for a while.

We won 2-1 at home due to a late goal against Luton. This side has been stumbling for ages and this in no way inspires confidence after a half decent team in Fulham gave us an absolute spanking.

We’ve got tough fixtures coming up. Good luck if this is the level.

Don't see any melting going on, tho.

People are reacting to what the team is producing.

If it's good - people love it.

If it's shit - people aren't happy.

If it's continuity shit - people are even more unhappy.

1 or 2 bods from other clubs saying Ange out etc., on matchdays - obvious.

But, apart form that, people have the absolute right to vent however they feel, hen the payers are stinking it out.

Opinion control freaks need to shut the fuck up.

Sick of it.
So many grandstanders trying to show how amazingly patient and supportive they are

Well done, have a cookie

Back
Top Bottom