Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Even their own fans don't rate their team. Easy win for me. We'll score at least 3, and if we defend well - 3-0 or 3-1. No bother. I don't understand why people are frightened of this hit or miss, shambolic team. 5 goals conceded in 2 games? What does that say? Nope, calm down - we've got this.

I do understand 'prepare to be disappointed' but if we can't enjoy lording it over this bunch of serial losers, then wtf.
This is the kind of post I needed to read. They have looked red hot in patches, but I think we are better organised and, upon reflection, I'm now confident that difference will shine through.

Last season we lacked someone on the bench that could come on and change things. Now we have Janssen and it rather negates this if he starts. This is not going to be a match where the opposition just defend and I would prefer Dele back instead of Janssen with him coming on with 30 mins to go when the defenders are tiring.

Janssen to break his duck and to score a brace would be very nice indeed. Never underestimate the Dippers they seem to raise their game for us. Hopefully our settled squad and game plan will be better than their. We need to press and press well.

Its very early days for them, Klopp seems to be searching for the right formula and even though we arent yet firing from all cilinders yet, we seem to have a game plan and that could make the difference. We are very hard to beat and they are leaking goals so a bit of optimism is justified.

Its very early days for them, Klopp seems to be searching for the right formula and even though we arent yet firing from all cilinders yet, we seem to have a game plan and that could make the difference. We are very hard to beat and they are leaking goals so a bit of optimism is justified.
I think Klopp has had more then enough time to get Liverpool to resemble a somewhat solid team - he's managed them for 55 games now. All I heard was how he still had a Rodgers team last season and got them to two cup finals (losing both) and when he gets a transfer window to create his own team, he'll show he's the real deal.

We're now in the transfer window, he's strengthened his ATTACKING options no doubt but seems to have very similar players and not really any 'Plan B' - also has not strengthened defence by any means, he's brought in Matip and Klavan and the dury is out on both, Klavan looked diabolical against Woolwich and Burnley and they've already shipped 5 goals in 2 games this season. They seem to REFUSE to sign a new left back and just shoe horn Milner in that position.

I think Klopp has had more then enough time to get Liverpool to resemble a somewhat solid team - he's managed them for 55 games now. All I heard was how he still had a Rodgers team last season and got them to two cup finals (losing both) and when he gets a transfer window to create his own team, he'll show he's the real deal.

We're now in the transfer window, he's strengthened his ATTACKING options no doubt but seems to have very similar players and not really any 'Plan B' - also has not strengthened defence by any means, he's brought in Matip and Klavan and the dury is out on both, Klavan looked diabolical against Woolwich and Burnley and they've already shipped 5 goals in 2 games this season. They seem to REFUSE to sign a new left back and just shoe horn Milner in that position.
I agree, i should've specified that he still hasnt found his team and with his reputation, their bankroll and relative appeal to players he should've done a lot better.

I really don't like us facing a Liverpool team who has just lost. They have been our bogey team in recent seasons and Klopp will probably fire them up after that poor display at Burnley. Going with a draw here.

They seem to still be really soft up the middle, and react worse to being pressed than we do.

The whole team has Gerrarditis too. They've been shooting from ridiculous distances because they have no idea how to get into the box.

We have a solid chance.

Will be on a plane for Florida just as this kicks off..:pochsulk: ( sorry SoCalSpurs SoCalSpurs , I know you're not a fan )

Only have to miss one game though as back on the 11th.

This is going to be a tough one as they are strong going forward.. We have to exploit their weakness which is their shoddy defence.

Can see a few goals, going for a 3-2 win.. Won't know the score for hours which will do my head in.
Gonna be watching the game with Gibbs aye? The rule of thumb in Florida is don't talk to anyone from Florida. Have fun.

This is the kind of post I needed to read. They have looked red hot in patches, but I think we are better organised and, upon reflection, I'm now confident that difference will shine through.
This game is hard to call because Its who on the day gets going and takes their chances. There is no reason to fear them and every reason to expect the result. Liverpool are all over the place and their football favours fortune rather than being organised. Against CP I thought we showed maturity as a team and with Wanyama and Janssen in the side, some energy. We are a very good side and have last seasons experience to see us through this. COYS

Last 8 matches vs Victims at White Hart Lane have seen Spurs win 5 draw 1 and lost 2.

4 of those victories were won with the same score line, which I reckon will be repeated on Saturday.

Can you guess what it is?

:wanyama:

Back
Top Bottom