Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Karren Brady's bunch(of twats).
Italian Espresso Drinkers FC.
Arab state marketing vehicle formerly known as Man city.
Elton John's men.
Naaridge City.
Northern Horse Beaters.

Just a few of the alternative names given to our opponents in the match thread titles last season.
:levywhoa:

All i did was leave out one letter. :pritchardeyes:

I think we might get our arses handed to us in this fixture. Liverpool are wounded and Coutinho is playing well.

Defensively we'll have to be disciplined if we're to stand a chance.

So will they, their defence looks shit, fucking Milner has suddenly morphed into a PL level LB, do me a favour.
3-1 Spurs.

Vorm
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Dier - Wanyama
Lamela - Janssen - Alli
Kane
I'd want a more free flowing front four to be honest. I didn't much like Lamela dominantly on the left in the last game so I'd like to see him come in from the right and play a little more central. Janssen and Kane both comfortable on either side of the pitch, both two footed and work extremely hard but for the football purists, his name being at the top of the formation will make them feel a lot happier. All allows for a solid central midfield pairing in Dier and Wanyama.

2-1 win.

Janssen and Alli

Agree. I thought Eriksen was shit last match.

So will they, their defence looks shit, fucking Milner has suddenly morphed into a PL level LB, do me a favour.
3-1 Spurs.
Agreed. Their defence is somewhat shambolic - but they have looked pretty sharp going forward at times and they'll be proper up for it against us.

I think we need Dele on from the start in this fixture. Rest either Janssen or Kane (I don't care) and have our creative trinity of Eriksen, Dele, and Lamela in the starting 11.

I think Janssen will be an excellent impact sub anyway, once Kane gets going

Same team that started against Everton. Thinking a 2-2 draw. Hopefully Eriksen will have a better game. If not, then put him on the bench for the next match.

I'd only make one change being Dele for Eriksen. I like the idea of Kane playing as a no. 10 rather than a 9. He's very Sheringham-esque, I'd love to see how this partnership develops

I'm pretty impressed by Vorm lately; I hope I'm still saying that Saturday.
Always been a decent keeper, I remember when we signed him he was so good ppl were concerned he was lloris replacement which in itself speaks volumes. As a number 2 anything he does wrong will be amplified and focused upon which makes his job even harder imo

Always been a decent keeper, I remember when we signed him he was so good ppl were concerned he was lloris replacement which in itself speaks volumes. As a number 2 anything he does wrong will be amplified and focused upon which makes his job even harder imo
I totally agree, and know it's totally unfair, but I'm still not filled with confidence when he plays.

Dreading this and can't wait in equal measure - their arrogance and self entitlement really annoys me and I love nothing more than bringing them a peg or two. Trouble is, you never know which Liverpool will turn up, fingers crossed it's the crappy one. COYS

Dreading this and can't wait in equal measure - their arrogance and self entitlement really annoys me and I love nothing more than bringing them a peg or two. Trouble is, you never know which Liverpool will turn up, fingers crossed it's the crappy one. COYS

Even their own fans don't rate their team. Easy win for me. We'll score at least 3, and if we defend well - 3-0 or 3-1. No bother. I don't understand why people are frightened of this hit or miss, shambolic team. 5 goals conceded in 2 games? What does that say? Nope, calm down - we've got this.

I do understand 'prepare to be disappointed' but if we can't enjoy lording it over this bunch of serial losers, then wtf.

Hate to admit but at least 5 members of my family support these cunts including my brother and at 3pm this weekend they will all be attending my daughters 2nd birthday party so I really need a win this week, I also remember my daughter being born and at pretty much the same time I had 1 eye on the Mrs and one on use drawing with them, would accept that Saturday even if we are at home

I think we might get our arses handed to us in this fixture. Liverpool are wounded and Coutinho is playing well.

Defensively we'll have to be disciplined if we're to stand a chance.

How can you be so despondent? All we've conceded so far this season was a flukey free kick, they've leaked in 5 goals already. Compared to us, they have so many flaws that we can get at and Pochettino is more than capable of preparing the team for that. Being at home will definitely help too.

A Wanyama/Dier partnership is designed for games like these where we'll have to assert our dominance early and not let them find space. Even with Lloris out, we probably still have a better keeper too.

Will be on a plane for Florida just as this kicks off..:pochsulk: ( sorry SoCalSpurs SoCalSpurs , I know you're not a fan )

Only have to miss one game though as back on the 11th.

This is going to be a tough one as they are strong going forward.. We have to exploit their weakness which is their shoddy defence.

Can see a few goals, going for a 3-2 win.. Won't know the score for hours which will do my head in.

This will be a tough 90 mins. Even though we're a better side overall coutinioh is the one player I'd love to have and worry about. They will be up for it against us as we're their biggest rivals for top 4 at the moment and psychologically neither side can afford to concede ground. We need to dominate the midfield if we can. Bench Eriksen for Ali perhaps. 2 -2 draw for me.

Back
Top Bottom