Tottenham Hotspur v. Leicester City - Sunday 13th May - 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3rd is important and Poch must pick his strongest team or he will send out the wrong message. KWP and Foyth can wait for pre season.
I am assuming all those doubtful will not make it.
Lloris
Alderweireld Sanchez Vertonghan Davies
Dier Lamela
Dele Eriksen Son
Kane

Can we have a proper performance please Spurs. The pressure's off so go out, express yourselves, and play the way we all know you can.
Surely an opportunity to give Moura a long-overdue 90 mins Poch.

Can we have a proper performance please Spurs. The pressure's off so go out, express yourselves, and play the way we all know you can.
Surely an opportunity to give Moura a long-overdue 90 mins Poch.

He started against Brighton and was absolute cack, he was that bad every one seems to have forgotten about it and keep going on about how he deserves a start!

MATCH DATA
Brighton & Hove Albion (4-4-1-1): Ryan. Bruno (c), Duffy, Dunk, Bong, Knockaert, Kayal, Stephens, Izquierdo (March 77), Gross, Murray (Ulloa 74). Subs: Krul, Schelotto, Goldson, Locadia, Baldock.

Spurs (4-2-3-1): Lloris (c), Aurier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Wanyama, Sissoko (Dembele 74), Eriksen, Lucas (Lamela 74), Son, Kane (Llorente 85). Vorm, Trippier, Foyth, Dier.

Goals: Brighton - Gross 50 (pen); Spurs - Kane 48.

Yellow card: Brighton - Dunk 11.

Referee: Kevin Friend.

Attendance: 30,440.

Don't think we'll see Son start this. He's been playing with pain meds for a troublesome ankle apparently. Explains why he's gone off the boil and not played in one or two games. But he played through the barrier to get us over the line - food for thought for those who've been critical of him recently.

3rd is important and Poch must pick his strongest team or he will send out the wrong message. KWP and Foyth can wait for pre season.
I am assuming all those doubtful will not make it.
Lloris
Alderweireld Sanchez Vertonghan Davies
Dier Lamela
Dele Eriksen Son
Kane

I'd like to see Lamela tried in CM, but, I'd say there's about a 1% chance of it happening ever under Poch, and a 0% chance of it happening in this game.

If Son is out, let's give Lamela a shot on the left wing and see what he can do. Seems the likely sub for MoPo to make, especially given Lamela's lively outing for us in the last match.

Don't think we'll see Son start this. He's been playing with pain meds for a troublesome ankle apparently. Explains why he's gone off the boil and not played in one or two games. But he played through the barrier to get us over the line - food for thought for those who've been critical of him recently.
I'm not completely clear on the rules, but hypothetically if SK reach the semifinals then Son is exempt from military service, right? Definitely wouldn't mind him resting in the final game of the season if it even slightly increases the chances of him not having to end his career at the age of 28.

Strongest fit team required - 3rd much better than 4th to get one over bin dippers plus its CL revenues £m's more as 3rd than 4th.

Few too many injuries for comfort - likely to include Winks, Aurier, Trippier, Dembele, but Vertonghen, Wanyama, and Dier probably ok.

Don't think we can risk too many walking wounded in the starting line up, so Walker Peters who started the first PL game of the season starts the last !

Dilemma is whether to play safe by starting Sissoko as a CM or ask Dele to drop back there or Eriksen. If Wanyama not fully fit, Dier starts. Either way CM is our weakest area.

But I want pace up front so its a start for Lucas and Son

Lloris
Walker-Peters, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Rose
Wanyama, Dele
Lucas, Eriksen, Son
Kane​

Subs : Vorm, Davies, Alderweireld, Dier, Sisssoko, Foyth, Lamela

I ask for one thing. We don't go Wanyama and Sissoko together. It just does not work. Period.

Other than that, not really fussed. Any 11 of the regular 14/15 who play will work fine for me.

Lovely to be relaxed going into a weekend!

Lloris
Toby Sanchez Jan
KWP Wanyama Eriksen Rose
Moura Kane Alli

Give Son the rest if he is injured. Given our CM injury situation, wouldn't be adverse to seeing Oakley-Boothe at some stage

I hope Gazza is the half time guest, he'll bring the house down.
I hope tomorrow is a celebration and that people stay behind for the laptop of honour and presentation of player of the year. I voted for Jan, Jan, Super Jan, simply because I think he has been our most consistent player and he's managed to keep a solid back line with a rookie, albeit a talented one.
Let's go out with a big win; ideal scenario would be a Harry double hat trick
:kaneshh::kaneear::kanegoal:
(not going to happen but we can dream)

TV games on sky
Liverpool v Brighton & Hove Albion
Newcastle United v Chelsea
Southampton v Man City

Acestream it is then. My prayers go out to the god of solid streams
fucking bizarre. Up here they make it a tradition to always show all games from the final round live. If you can do that on a foreign broadcast deal why not in England?

TV games on sky
Liverpool v Brighton & Hove Albion
Newcastle United v Chelsea
Southampton v Man City

Acestream it is then. My prayers go out to the god of solid streams

Dunno if you have already but if you haven't try white knight app...personally find the streams more stable ...worth a punt.

Back
Top Bottom