Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck there's only 13 games of the season left

So much for Lamela and Soldado gelling

Although I would be pretty chuffed if we went on the rest of the season undefeated with those two leading things
:avbpray:

Probably one of the least exciting games all year in the Prem. Both teams were poor finding the killer ball. I don't think Everton had a shot on goal after Osman's in the first ten minutes.

I'll take the the three points gladly. I wouldn't say we deserved it but Everton certainly did not. They were no better. Just a weird game. Glad to live to fight another day.

People can say we're "papering" over cracks but we've been doing that all year. The problems the team has run much deeper than the manager (be it Sherwood or AVB) or whoever has been deemed the scapegoat of the week.

I don't know how all that will get fixed but until then I'll gladly take 26 out of 36 points since the start of December. We're hardly in the terrible situation everyone is trying to portray.

I thought it could have been, I think the ref's view was obstructed by an Everton player and he didn't get to see the incident until after the ball went in the other direction and he based his decision on that.
The replay showed that he had a perfect and unobstructed view and was looking directly at the challenge

An excellent though lucky win. Dawson showed up all his doubters again. Not so good from Bentaleb, but he wasn't the only mid who was less than good on the day.
Dawson does not talk to his players enough, watch him, a captain has to be respected and followed by example: He is not the on field leader we desperately need.

An excellent though lucky win. Dawson showed up all his doubters again. Not so good from Bentaleb, but he wasn't the only mid who was less than good on the day.
Nah, Dawson had some good parts and equally just as bad.

Benteleb was probably our best central midfielder in terms of what his role was. He broke play up NUMEROUS times and played very good balls to set us on attacks. Paulinho wasn't very impressive today, and Dembele was pretty average.

Will never ever complain about getting 3 points. Especially against a side who have only lost twice all season. However, I thought we were immensely lucky to win. I saw plenty of commitment which is encouraging but the formation and the general quality were not good enough for me. One shot on target until the last second of the game says it all really. It's a good thing we took advantage of the one moment their defence switched off as I don't believe we ever would have scored when they were paying attention. A fabulous goal for ade though that leaves us in a strong position. I just hope we can get something up at Newcastle for once and the scousers drop points again.

Nah, Dawson had some good parts and equally just as bad.

Benteleb was probably our best central midfielder in terms of what his role was. He broke play up NUMEROUS times and played very good balls to set us on attacks. Paulinho wasn't very impressive today, and Dembele was pretty average.

Bar his final ball (which we all know is dreadful) I thought dembele was great today. Got really stuck in and started a lot of attacks. Just annoying he seems to melt anytime he gets within 20 yards of goal

Will never ever complain about getting 3 points. Especially against a side who have only lost twice all season. However, I thought we were immensely lucky to win. I saw plenty of commitment which is encouraging but the formation and the general quality were not good enough for me. One shot on target until the last second of the game says it all really. It's a good thing we took advantage of the one moment their defence switched off as I don't believe we ever would have scored when they were paying attention. A fabulous goal for ade though that leaves us in a strong position. I just hope we can get something up at Newcastle for once and the scousers drop points again.

We weren't great but Everton were rubbish too. They didn't have a shot on goal after the first ten minutes.

Back
Top Bottom