Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing is if they'd said "Spurs will struggle because they don't score enough goals and haven't picked up enough points from the teams around or above them" I would probably agree......but I think we were worthy of being mentioned at least!

If the choice is being mentioned by these pricks and it putting pressure on the team or not being mentioned and taking it by a point compared with Liverpool and Everton whose goal difference puts ours to shame, I'd rather we weren't mentioned at all.

Everybody is talking about us having to overtake the Bin-dipping grief junkies, but given the Woolwich Scum's run in, if they do implode is it out of the question that it is them we overhaul? Top 4 of Man City, Chel$cum, Grief junkies and us?

On MOTD Mark Chapman actually said after our game "So how does this leave the race for 4th place?"

And the three pundits spoke about both Liverpool and Everton whilst they showed an image of the league table and then didn't even dismiss us as being outsiders..........they just didn't mention us at all.

It was really, really odd considering we had just played and won.
Don't mind that whatsoever. Keeps the pressure off.

Garth Crooks: "Tim Sherwood has got Tottenham looking like a team that could threaten a top-four spot again. Not since the days of Harry Redknapp have Spurs looked so interesting"

Absolutely no idea what he's on about. We looked so un-interesting yesterday!

Not complaining at all, very happy with the win, but that's a very odd comment.

Garth Crooks: "Tim Sherwood has got Tottenham looking like a team that could threaten a top-four spot again. Not since the days of Harry Redknapp have Spurs looked so interesting"

Absolutely no idea what he's on about. We looked so un-interesting yesterday!

Not complaining at all, very happy with the win, but that's a very odd comment.

I'm more suprised that Garth "in every sense of the word" Crooks didnt use about another 100 words per sentence.

Garth Crooks has never offered any useful or accurate insight. He was a decent footballer and he did make me laugh with his insensitivty around David Semens breakdown following the 2002 WC exit to Brazil - but as a pundit is up there with Jimmy Hill.

Hugo Lloris MOTM for me. Couple of top saves gave us the win.

Thought bentaleb was good in the first half when the rest of the team were asleep but he faded slightly in the second, still he's done well so far, more concerned with Lennon and Dawson than bentaleb.

Vertoghen was class on the ball and Ade did a great deal of running, not sure how Tim's got him running down everything but I like it.

Thought we were terrible in the first half. It drives me nuts to see us play the ball to Ade and Lennons feet in the corner of our own half with their back to goal. Play it to space so they can run on to it, and make the defenders run back towards their own goal FFS. Lennon's not playing because of his ability to play tiki taka.Second half- I thought the substitutions were spot on (not going to go in to the starting 11 debate). Eriksen and Paulinho were fairly anonymous considering their abilty.
The big picture- I believe we have a better chance of finishing above the filth than we do Liverpool. Yes I know that sounds ridiculous.

Everybody is talking about us having to overtake the Bin-dipping grief junkies, but given the Woolwich Scum's run in, if they do implode is it out of the question that it is them we overhaul? Top 4 of Man City, Chel$cum, Grief junkies and us?

Yes, totally out of the question.
It simply CAN'T happen!
It's in the FA's constitution....
Football will implode if we did!

Thought bentaleb was good in the first half when the rest of the team were asleep but he faded slightly in the second, still he's done well so far, more concerned with Lennon and Dawson than bentaleb.

Vertoghen was class on the ball and Ade did a great deal of running, not sure how Tim's got him running down everything but I like it.

Completely opposite in my opinion.
Bentaleb no where to be seen in 1st half, he made fucking Osman look like Ronaldo in there..
2nd half though he made a lot of interceptions.. Not MOTM worthy though, Lloris for me..

Recycled. Our away fans chanted that up at Goodison. And it was kind of odd yesterday because he had shaved his 'burns off.

Oh well, im just being pedantic. It was rather funny at the time. :coys:

Funny I was thinking the same thing watching the game - Unlike his usual Mr 1995 look he had smartened up his burns!

Back
Top Bottom