Tottenham Hotspur V Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Draw was a result I would have taken at the start of the day. Chelsea bossed the 2nd half. Disappointing that we didn't futher capitalise on our good play in the first half.

Chadli on instead of Sandro? Why?

No Lamela at all? I thought there was a chance he would start so to not feature at any stage was puzzling.

I wouldn't have taken Eriksen and Townsend off either.

T7FvjtL.jpg
:parker:

Last edited:
Thoughts on the game:

The result was never going to define either clubs' season but I'm delighted to say, especially I'm the first time, we are more than a match for Chelsea. It's quite amazing given the difference in the two squads 4 or 5 years ago.

I've been cautious about this title contenders chat but in today's h

1 point from 6 against our direct rivals for top 4

When are the scum going to start meeting some tough teams?

You're rubbing off on me, Lito. That's what I was thinking.

I suppose that we did OK, but should have capitalised more. Teams do seem to set up to defend against us now, regardless of who they are. It's a great compliment but an annoying one to have to deal with. Contrast this with last year's game - was never going to have more than 3 goals in it for my money. Both teams were compact at the back and playing on the counter - could never throw too many forwards in case the move broke down and you've got to cover your own arse.

Meh, Woolwich will lose points sooner rather than later. I'd rather they think they're champions-elect for now. When they hit the ground, the bump will be harder.

1 point from 6 against our direct rivals for top 4

When are the scum going to start meeting some tough teams?

I was thinking the same question. Looked at their fixtures and they have an easy run in October. West Brom away, Norwich home, Palace away. Then in November: Liverpool home and Mancs away. All of which I think looks to be an easy run can't see Liverpool or Utd offering much threat.

The fixture computer has fixed it for them! Grrrr

I was thinking the same question. Looked at their fixtures and they have an easy run in October. West Brom away, Norwich home, Palace away. Then in November: Liverpool home and Mancs away. All of which I think looks to be an easy run can't see Liverpool or Utd offering much threat.

Who gives a fuck about them just concentrate about us!!!

We can all have our opinions on substitutes etc, but whose to say they would have worked. IMO Lamela would have added something different but I trust AVB Knows a lot more than I do on who should be playing.

Shows how far we've come that we are only content with a draw against a team who used to always do us with little fuss, I remember getting a 0-0 at the Bridge and I was fucking buzzing. Yeah we were at home etc, but could have been worse, we could of lost to West Brom

If they get six off Liverpool and united they've won it... Tough to swallow

Back
Top Bottom