Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wasn't a penalty, but it was Son's task to track back and close down Moses. It was part of the instructions. To concede a second one shortly before half time killed us. We played well, equalised, but had to come back a second time because of this lunatic decision to play him there.
Well it wasn't a penalty the officials fucked up

I am

That bent cunt was instrumental in them winning and I won't hear anything to the contrary

There were other factors but his influence was the main one

Absolutely gutted

If he books Kante, Luiz, and Alonso when he should they're walking a tightrope

I don't doubt that cunt is on the take. That said if we'd just cut out a couple mistakes we would be too busy celebrating to worry about the seemingly blind, piss poor excuse for an official

Not having a go at Hugo as I love the guy but he set up the wall then just before the free kick came in he moved one step to the right leaving a gap and with the unlucky deflection it went in
If he had stood his ground he would have probably saved it
Margins are so fine but it was an error

The free kick was in as perfect position and distance as you can get. Someone only needs get it up and over and will likely score. Maybe hugo could have left a gap in his wall in middle so he could see but think we need to look at how our line could be so high up to force us into a tackle like that so early in the game.

What was he supposed to do. He didn't go to take him out. He went to win the ball. He shouldn't have been left one on one. Thought he got the ball.

He wasn't one on one!

He was chasing him ffs and no need to make the tackle from behind

The ref was horrible, you're right.

But we're lucky he didn't send Lloris off for handling outside his area (or card him) and he's lucky not to give Dembele two yellows (for pretty much holding Willian and then studding Azpiliecueta(?)).

Like I said. The referee didn't cause Son to slide in on Moses, the referee didn't leave Hazard unmarked and the referee didn't strap a rocket to Matic's foot. He let the game flow by not booking players, which made the game a lot more intense and a better watch.

I am

That bent cunt was instrumental in them winning and I won't hear anything to the contrary

There were other factors but his influence was the main one

Absolutely gutted

Agree. I am not saying we would have won but the ref was totally inconsistent with his decisions, it does make you wonder......

Totally agree with what you've said here- I just think the team still has to recognize that this is happening and move the ball better/faster/have men get open to receive the ball in order to defeat it. Basically, we should be able to deal with this scenario, having seen it many times before.

Thry countered us with pace and got their shots away early whilst we were still rushing to get behind the ball. When we dominated, we just didn't test their keeper enough. When it's 2-2 a player like hazard can score a worldie.

Son's inclusion at LWB was strange but the form he's on if wasn't playing that would have been a moan so obviously the manager thought he could handle it! The pen,we got it to 1-1 so the pen was cancelled out! Corners though,we had 11 a didn't look threatening they got one and fecking scored.......! That should be a bigger issue,we have a big game Wednesday then Sunday regroup and finish the season off in style and not dwell on the negatives we had the champions league,a semi-final and the league is not finished yet! Even if we miss out on the league we are still looking at a top 4 finish,2 seasons running so plenty reasons to keep the faith COYS

Back
Top Bottom