Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford (H) | Wednesday 31st January @ 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Werner right now IMO. Unimpressed by Johnson vs City
Johnson is a RW, he doesn't favour LW
I think Johnson needs to be rotated for his own good, and would likely be more effective off the bench against tired legs to regain his confidence.

Here is how I see it (just talking Johnson playing off the left btw:

Johnson Pros

Pace (faster than Werner)
First touch (better than Werner)
Left foot crossing (better than Werner, already has an assist against City and nearly had one against chavski for son)
Link play with Maddison (remember that goal with the header and link up with Maddison?)
Finishing (better left foot and right foot finisher

Werner
New shiny thing (Not been here long enough for people to decide they hate him yet)
Possibly less imaginary ducked challenges
Defensive contribution
(as much as I defend Johnson, Werner definitely does more defensively)

I don't think it's as obvious as some are assuming that Johnson shouldn't play off the left and we bench Werner. We have a commitment to Johnson and the vote of confidence could be the thing that flips his season. Werner is a no lose thing, he helps us when we need, that helps him.

Johnson Pros

Left foot crossing (better than Werner, already has an assist against City and nearly had one against chavski for son)
Link play with Maddison (remember that goal with the header and link up with Maddison?)

Werner
New shiny thing (Not been here long enough for people to decide they hate him yet)
Defensive contribution

I don't think it's as obvious as some are assuming that Johnson shouldn't play off the left and we bench Werner. We have a commitment to Johnson and the vote of confidence could be the thing that flips his season. Werner is a no lose thing, he helps us when we need, that helps him.
I blame Dier for Johnson not being a fan favourite.

Leonardo Dicaprio Cause GIF by MOODMAN

I think we’ll go with deki right,richy central and Timo left. Johnson needs a break to get more hunger to be a starter. He needs a wee dunt to get going again. Madders will start and I think we might see Dragusin start too.
I think this game could be our biggest home wins of the season if we score early.

A pre-orchestrated light show in the home end, vs. spontaneous violence in the stands between rival fans...

Be honest now, what makes better telly?

*Disclaimer - I think we ALL know!

Johnson Pros

Werner
Defensive contribution

This list is bit funny.

-I seriously doubt that Johnson is faster than Werner.
- Also Werner has 1 assists from 2 games also playing from left.
- And Johnson finishing with us has been absolutely shockingly poor. 1 goal from so many promising positions;
- Link-up play with Madders regarding Werner remains to be seen. Saying that Johnson has and Werner doesn't when Werner and Madders haven't played together is bit funny.

Just say you would prefer Johnson personally - which is fair thing to want, no issues with that ;) .

I very clearly prefer Werner. Johnson in recent games has been very poor and for everyone's sake, I'd like him to come in from the bench in few next games. Not writing him off, but feeling he just needs a little breather.

In City game as well, Werner with his run created only shooting chance. Which Johnson passed to City keeper. So... Werner for me.

This list is bit funny.

-I seriously doubt that Johnson is faster than Werner.
- Also Werner has 1 assists from 2 games also playing from left.
- And Johnson finishing with us has been absolutely shockingly poor. 1 goal from so many promising positions;
- Link-up play with Madders regarding Werner remains to be seen. Saying that Johnson has and Werner doesn't when Werner and Madders haven't played together is bit funny.

Just say you would prefer Johnson personally - which is fair thing to want, no issues with that ;) .

I very clearly prefer Werner. Johnson in recent games has been very poor and for everyone's sake, I'd like him to come in from the bench in few next games. Not writing him off, but feeling he just needs a little breather.

In City game as well, Werner with his run created only shooting chance. Which Johnson passed to City keeper. So... Werner for me.

Johnson is one of the fastest recorded players in the Prem. Werner is rapid but for sure Kyle Walker wouldn't have caught Johnson like he did Werner because Johnson is freakishly fast. Johnson already skinned Walker once this season from the left wing.

Sure link up play remains to be seen for Werner but we have seen it for Johnson.
Johnson's finishing hasn't been shockingly bad. Think of one sitter that he's missed and let me know.

Back
Top Bottom