Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sherwood really doesn't like Levy! :dawsonlol:

someone had a meeting with Levy about something and Sherwood told him to 'rinse the cunt' :adewtf:
Gotta agree with Tim here, female genital hygiene is an important issue.
No one likes stale disco fanny, cos once you commit to the act, you're down there for the course.

''I have assessed the players more than anyone. I could not tell you the best 11 players at Tottenham''

Fuck me. I could Tim, and I'm not nearly as qualified as you. You dense prat.
Any chance that he might just have said that as a sop to the players - rather than a confession to the general public?

just a thought.

''I have assessed the players more than anyone. I could not tell you the best 11 players at Tottenham''

Surely it's not fixed? Loathe to defend Titan Tim, but one week's best 11 isn't necessarily the same as the best elevent a few weeks later, no?

How in the fuck has he coached this long without being able to tell who the best players are?!! This is 100% showing that he doesn't have fuck all knowledge to be in the position he is in. He is admitting that he doesn't have a clue!

Surely it's not fixed? Loathe to defend Titan Tim, but one week's best 11 isn't necessarily the same as the best elevent a few weeks later, no?
Mine is...and I'd say most of us would have at least 9 of the same players. What I'm saying is you'd never hear other managers say the kinda guff Tim comes out with. He's a walking gaffe. Just keep quiet and stop trying to be quirky in the media and he'd be much better off.

The most impressed I've been with him was after the game where it was said in the media he's not got the job. He came across humble and considered. It's a shame that was the anomaly and not the trend.

Thing is he is correct, we aren't really reliant on one star player.

That should be a positive rather than a negative though, the criticism of us last season was we were a one man team.......if at any point Bale was missing (Chelsea at home) we were in trouble.

At the start of this season EVERYONE said how strong our squad was - all his comments show are how poor a manager he is as he should be making this statement in to a positive in the run up to a game with a team like Fulham.

If he's said "Lloris is world class so picks himself, and Adebayor is in great form so he's my second name on the team sheet.......after that I struggle to know exactly what my best team is as we've got International's like Eriksen, Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro, Chadli, Sigurdsson, Capoue all vying for two or three positions" then that would be fine........but no they "are all much of muchness"

Get what's he's saying I think but poorly articulated. But then if you stuck any of us in front of the world's press without being prepped for certain questions I'm sure our answers would be equally dumb sounding. Sadly this is what you et with inexperience

Surely "who's your best XI" can't qualify as a "certain question" a PL manager can't be expected to be prepared for.

Ah, yes, he's the "head coach". My mistake.

What a tit, he is right this season is riddled with inconsistent performances and yes a lot of players are about same standard

so Timmy magic it's your job to try and gain consistency and improvement by driving into them a belief, a way of playing, formation, individual jobs, trying Chadli in 5 positions in 5 different formations or having him on bench isn't going to solve it is it my good man!! Harry for all his sins at least kept it simple, this season we are obsessed with continually changing our formations, Why don't we keep more or less the same and other teams modify for us etc etc etc

Thing is he is correct, we aren't really reliant on one star player.

That should be a positive rather than a negative though, the criticism of us last season was we were a one man team.......if at any point Bale was missing (Chelsea at home) we were in trouble.

At the start of this season EVERYONE said how strong our squad was - all his comments show are how poor a manager he is as he should be making this statement in to a positive in the run up to a game with a team like Fulham.

If he's said "Lloris is world class so picks himself, and Adebayor is in great form so he's my second name on the team sheet.......after that I struggle to know exactly what my best team is as we've got International's like Eriksen, Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro, Chadli, Sigurdsson, Capoue all vying for two or three positions" then that would be fine........but no they "are all much of muchness"
it's easy enough to say what he should of said from the comfort of your own computer after having plenty of time to prepare for it, but like Jimmy said, if you aren't prepared for a question, you normally won't give a very good answer. It's happened to me plenty of times and I'm sure it's happened to everyone else on here as well.

it's easy enough to say what he should of said from the comfort of your own computer after having plenty of time to prepare for it, but like Jimmy said, if you aren't prepared for a question, you normally won't give a very good answer. It's happened to me plenty of times and I'm sure it's happened to everyone else on here as well.

This is why I'm surprised, and have been from the beginning, that they didn't give him some sort of 'training' or guidance with speaking to the media.

They are always looking to spin a sentence or drag a headline out of a boring press conference and are well experienced in doing so, for the most part. I'm confused as to why you'd send out a guy with a previous propensity for chin wagging in the media to a press conference even 4 months later with no briefing...

Tim on the run in:
"last game of the season sun is shining, everyone wants to go on their holidays so we come here and smash em"

For god's sake someone give this man some media training!

Back
Top Bottom