Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This thread...

hamster-wheel-o.gif

Fuck me, I think the last slightly different thing I read in here was on about page 19......dont you people get bored of saying/reading the same thing, day after day after day after day after day after day after day zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This thread...

hamster-wheel-o.gif

Fuck me, I think the last slightly different thing I read in here was on about page 19......dont you people get bored of saying/reading the same thing, day after day after day after day after day after day after day zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Was still much of the same I'm afraid :levyeyes:

Looking at the table today after the weird results, I realised Pulis had picked up nearly as many points as Sherwood since AVB left (27pts for Pulis, 33pts for Sherwood).

Thought a quick comparison would be nice. This is over 18 games (or where stated, 17 games) played since 16th December '13. I stopped once I got to the managerial circus at the bottom

Liverpool (Rodgers)............44pts
Chelsea (Mourinho)............41pts
City (Pellegrini)...................39pts
Everton (Martinez).............35pts
Spurs (Sherwood)...............33pts
Man Utd (Moyes)................32pts (Played one game less though)
Woolwich (Wenger)................32pts
Palace (Pulis).......................27pts
Stoke (Hughes)....................25pts
So'ton (Pochettino).............. 24pts
West Ham (Allardyce).......... 23pts
Newcastle (Pardew)..............19pts
Hull (Bruce).......................... 17pts (Played one game less though)
Villa (Lambert)...................... 15pts (Played one game less though)
Swansea (Laudrup/Monk)..... 13pts

Interesting one is Swansea who have picked up only 9 points from the 10 games they've played since Laudrup was sacked (with Michu back too).

I read it and I thought it was seriously flawed.

Tim can't assume that he would be rescued from the easier games he's messed up if we had Bale.

His logic also seems to suggest Bale would scored 7 against City, 6 against Liverpool, 5 against Chelsea.....

Way to keep your job though - pointing out that the Chairman is at fault for the league position for selling a player, whilst also implying all the new signings have contributed less collectively than one player would..

Would TS even be before a microphone if we'd not sold Bale…

…I mean, he'd still be leaking stories to his mates, but…

"Well if I knew I'd get to manage the team, I wouldn't have kept telling Gareth to..... I mean, we shouldn't have sold him - I could have won the league with Bale"

I don't think he also understands that based on what he said, there's also a lot of potential 'between the lines' going on.

If we kept Bale, chances are AVB would have stayed, but the most sceptical people could read into what Sherwood is saying and feel it suggests that Tim fully expected to have managed the team this season regardless, as he didn't really acknowledge that causality at all...

Jesus - some of you guys really like to make your own stuff up. I want a decent manager but if Sherwood said that his favourite spurs strip was white shirts and blue shorts, some of you would dig into him.
Pretty sad TBH.

Back
Top Bottom