This season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The season is not yet over. After yesterdays performance and city's defeat I think we will win the league. The question is how to we give enough minutes to all of our players so they can all receive the medal.

Instead another wasted trophyless season.

So if we don't win trophies it's a wasted season? Sometimes i wonder why you just don't support Chelsea or something.

After regularly getting destroyed by the other big clubs last season, watching us beat chelsea, Woolwich and giving liverpool a hell of a game has been fun to watch. Getting to a cup final was a proud moment in of itself, even if we lost. I, for one (and surely for more), am glad for having gotten to see a season of mostly positive spurs football.

It's not just the lack of a trophy, though as this decade wears on that gets more and more important, it's also the failure to get CL and looking like we're going to do worse than last season in the League that makes me think it's another wasted season.

The Cup Final while good in itself normally actually makes me more mad, because we had an incredibly easy run to the final. Then when we make the final, and draw a tough opponent, what happens, Poch ships the whole squad to Italy!!!!! Absolutely inept way to prepare for our most important game of the season, and guess what we keel over and barely trouble Chelsea at Wembley, infuriating.

PS Normally I put people on ignore who suggest I support Chelsea or some other team. I've been supporting Spurs and going to the Lane longer than most people have been born on this site. I've no interest in supporting another team, what I am interested in is us winning trophies like we used to do when first I supported the club. I don't expect us to be as successful as Chelsea, and how it hurts to write that, when for most of my life we were more successful than them, but I expect a minimum of one trophy each decade, and preferably at least two. However, as you wrote 'Sometimes I wonder' then fair enough, but please skip that kind of remark, assuming you want me to continue you to debate with me. Of course, if you're not bothered then fair enough, call me a Gooner for all I care, I know who I support and how long and passionately I have supported this club.

Last edited:
As I believe has already mentioned by me and others in this thread 'progress, what progress?'
I said after our scandalous inactivity in the January transfer market that our season would crumble away, and lo and behold, so it has. With the double fiasco of Florence and Wembley being the defining moments in that shambles of a surrender.

Re the Prem, we're doing worse there than last season. And remember all the criticisms aimed at our two managers last season? Well if Sherwood, for example was 'dim', and 'clueless' (which he clearly isn't, with the highest PPG in our top flight history, and now reaching an FA Cup semi-final with Villa and seemingly steering them to safety) what does that make 'Poch the saviour' after being outsmarted by Tim yesterday?

'Double Dim, double clueless?'

In actual fact of course neither Poch nor Tim are dim and clueless, but I'm afraid many of the people who have so unmercifully slated Sherwood on here and other forums certainly look like they might the bill.:thumbup:

Interesting you use Tim getting Villa to a semi-final as a good thing, yet give no credit to Poch for getting to a final... Instead call it a fiasco.

:avbshit:

So if we don't win trophies it's a wasted season? Sometimes i wonder why you just don't support Chelsea or something..
Why do people always come out with this fucking pathetic childish suggestion. I`m sorry,but It really fucks me off. No true fan can start supporting another, more succesful team when they get frustrated with their own club. You choose your club and its with you for life. And you fucking know it. Just because some of us dislike the way our Spurs are being run doesn`t mean we love them any less than you. In fact if anything it shows were more passionate.

Why do people always come out with this fucking pathetic childish suggestion. I`m sorry,but It really fucks me off. No true fan can start supporting another, more succesful team when they get frustrated with their own club. You choose your club and its with you for life. And you fucking know it. Just because some of us dislike the way our Spurs are being run doesn`t mean we love them any less than you. In fact if anything it shows were more passionate.
Finally a post that resonates reason and common sense!

I never understood the people who were happy that we got eliminated from Europa and FA Cup, so we could concentrate on a very unlikely false honour of 4th place again? Well here you have it, aren't we a joy to watch now in these virtually meaningless matches?

yes because declaring a season wasted if it doesn't involve winning trophies is something a true fan would say. lol, please. fuck off with that nonsense.

The only thing it proves is people support the club in different ways which probably reflects their natural persona. Some people are glass half empty types others are half full types. Now climb off your high horse.

The only thing it proves is people support the club in different ways which probably reflects their natural persona. Some people are glass half empty types others are half full types. Now climb off your high horse.
Exactly. So why fucking suggest someone should support someone else just because they support a club in different way to yourself.. We all love Spurs. Suggesting some of us take our support elsewhere is childish.

So, someone like Greaves357 is not a true fan because they define success by trophies rather than profit margins. Fucking clown

Lol go ahead and try to quote me on being a fan of ENIC and their profit margins. (you can't, I have never and will never). Nice try, though, you presumptuous dunce.

I want Spurs to be just as successful as either of you, trust me. the difference between us lies in the fact that i'm not nearly boring enough, dumb enough or desperate enough to declare this a wasted season just because the team didn't win a trophy. The highs were some the most exciting in the past three seasons, the lows the typical lows. Not a single second of getting to watch Spurs play this season was a waste of time. Now please, go throw your boring accusations and dull opinions on what determines passion at someone else.

Back
Top Bottom