The Trouble At Spurs Is...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When I see Younes Kaboul get beaten in the air by a United youth reject time and time again yet act like a hard cunt sticking up for Rose am I meant to chant for him? How about winning a fucking contest or lifting your team! The big bastard is the softest CB we have. Built like Tarzan plays like Jane. I get Benteke rag dolling him like a bitch but Mame Diouf!

I don't even get Benteke doing it to him. I remember Gallas owning him in the air one game for 90 minutes. Fucking Gallas.

Left on 80 mins yesterday, worst ive seen since Gerry 'The Badger' Francis days, if the defence isn't addressed as a priority we will never move forward from this dross we are being served up

Gallas was good for us about from his last season where he was past his best. He played well in his first two seasons and actually had something about him and wasn't a bottling pussy.

Players in red, I would not be too arsed if they left the club...

LLoris – Our best player by a long way.
Vorm – Great back up goalkeeper

Rose – Awful last year, bright start to this one. Fading off a little atm. A decent option.
Davies – Hopefully be our future LB. Not looked special as of yet. Early doors.
Walker – Great fullback. Desperately needed back.

Naughton – Not good enough. Should have better if we are to compete.
Yedlin – Looks promising. Massive step up to the prem though.
Vertonghen – Our best CB on paper. Right moody cunt atm.

Kaboul – Shit player these days. Should never have been captain.
Fazio – Early days. Looks a little dodgy. Has captained Seville to the EL so hopefully will sharpen up.
Chiriches – Dog shit.

Dier – Promising CB. Looks dodgy at right back. Doesn’t look out of depth in prem though.
Capoue – Hot and Cold. Cannot seem to track a late runner. Kind of needed from a DM.
Stambouli – Early days. Looks solid enough if not spectacular.
Dembele – Has been here long enough to impress and really hasn’t give or take the odd game.
Paulinho – Has been awful since his arrival. Not had much chance this season to impress.

Mason – Looked bright. Poor v Stoke though.
Bentaleb – Great prospect. Not sure he should be starting though.
Lamela – Looking better, dwells a lot on the ball. Runs for days and has some purpose on the ball though.

Lennon – Not sure he fits the team anymore. Is not the direct Lennon we used to love.
Townsend – Direct and runs around a lot. Pretty ineffective and very 1 dimensional atm.

Chadli – Scores goals from that “Jay Rodriguez” position. Never looks spectacular but 10mil is cheapish these days.
Eriksen – Has been pretty average this season for me. Disappointed as he has so good last year.
Kane – Score goals. Looks bright. Links play with Soldado well.

Soldado – Has looked better recently in a 442. Links play well but just cannot score for shit. Which is kind of important.
Adebayor – I hate this man.

Rose – Awful last year, bright start to this one. Fading off a little atm. A decent option.

Fazio – Early days. Looks a little dodgy. Has captained Seville to the EL so hopefully will sharpen up.
Chiriches – Dog shit.

Dier – Promising CB. Looks dodgy at right back. Doesn’t look out of depth in prem though.
Capoue – Hot and Cold. Cannot seem to track a late runner. Kind of needed from a DM.
Dembele – Has been here long enough to impress and really hasn’t give or take the odd game.
Paulinho – Has been awful since his arrival. Not had much chance this season to impress.

Lamela – Looking better, dwells a lot on the ball. Runs for days and has some purpose on the ball though.

Lennon – Not sure he fits the team anymore. Is not the direct Lennon we used to love.
Townsend – Direct and runs around a lot. Pretty ineffective and very 1 dimensional atm.

Chadli – Scores goals from that “Jay Rodriguez” position. Never looks spectacular but 10mil is cheapish these days.
Eriksen – Has been pretty average this season for me. Disappointed as he has so good last year.

Soldado – Has looked better recently in a 442. Links play well but just cannot score for shit. Which is kind of important.

Can't say I disagree too much with this.

I know the thoughts around Lennon, but I'd honestly keep him and give him a chance, if only because he's been through a lot with the club and might have a bit of passion.

I'd be tempted to let Vertonghen go, his attitude isn't the right fit anymore (god I still remember that goal at Man.U under AVB...happy days).

Gallas was good for us about from his last season where he was past his best. He played well in his first two seasons and actually had something about him and wasn't a bottling pussy.
His performance in THAT game at the Emirates was one of the best most committed I've seen from anyone in a white shirt for many a year.

He could barely walk the moment the final whistle went.

Chiriches – Dog shit.

Sad but true assessment of our squad. Probably even let Vertonghen go if his attitude stinks. 442 and give Soldado a run of 10 games partnering Kane as his last chance. Really could see him building a strong partnership with him but never gets a go for long enough

article-1241178-0007DBD700000258-200_468x286.jpg

Play for the Shirt!

That is all....

But that came from Bremner attempting to bust his leg not because he'd said Spurs are rubbish.

I hear that Stewards were taking away any "Levy Out" posters, and that the music was turned up to drown out the Boo's?

Welcome to the Orwellian future of WHL.
Hell, if I owned the club I'd do that. Especially the music part. Perhaps even a few taunts thrown in.

The fans are a problem.

Chiriches – Dog shit.

Pretty much sums it up, only ones maybe Lennon and Dembele, both bug the hell out of me but feel there is a good player in there somewhere

Wouldn't call the 6th home game of the season against a mid-table club instant gratification
I would call the fans demands for everything on a stick instant gratification. They start booing from the opening whistle. With decent fan support spurring the players on, we could have been bolder, had a higher energy level, and taken the fight to Stoke sooner, so that it wouldn't have been a goal with 13 minutes left, but maybe 30, or an hour.

Instead they boo the players after a single mis-hit pass.

The fans are a problem, as a group, and I don't think the club should pay the slightest bit of attention to our demands if we are such a disagreeable lot to be around. Adebayor was correct, and things are better away, because then actually supportive fans show up. And the players notice that.

WHL is right now the 12th man for the visiting team.

I would call the fans demands for everything on a stick instant gratification. They start booing from the opening whistle. With decent fan support spurring the players on, we could have been bolder, had a higher energy level, and taken the fight to Stoke sooner, so that it wouldn't have been a goal with 13 minutes left, but maybe 30, or an hour.

Instead they boo the players after a single mis-hit pass.

The fans are a problem, as a group, and I don't think the club should pay the slightest bit of attention to our demands if we are such a disagreeable lot to be around. Adebayor was correct, and things are better away, because then actually supportive fans show up. And the players notice that.

WHL is right now the 12th man for the visiting team.
Could not be further from the truth yesterday. Like I've said on many threads here the response to the 1st goal was the best I've heard at the Lane in my 3 years of attending

Got a bleacher report notifcation saying Adebayor admits the players have trouble dealing with booing. Don't let the other team fucking score you mongs!

Adebayor's bullshit today makes me want to start booing them. Something I've never ever done.

How many times have we watched him laughing and joking whilst we're getting caned, high fiving the opponents at the end.

I'm sick of these prats.

I would agree. For about 10 minutes. Then it went to pieces. The fans Spurs'd it up worse than the players.
Where we you sitting?

From 6-10mins it wasn't great all over the ground but no booing. From about the 10th-33rd it was the most I've heard a WHL crowd behind a drab uninspired performance and we've had that more often than not since Harry left. Walters makes it 2-0 and the crowds had it, and rightly so! Bojan and Jon Walters, not Messi and Mandzukic, Bojan and Walters. A midfield overrun by Steve fucking Sidwell

Back
Top Bottom