The Trouble At Spurs Is...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where we you sitting?

From 6-10mins it wasn't great all over the ground but no booing. From about the 10th-33rd it was the most I've heard a WHL crowd behind a drab uninspired performance and we've had that more often than not since Harry left. Walters makes it 2-0 and the crowds had it, and rightly so! Bojan and Jon Walters, not Messi and Mandzukic, Bojan and Walters. A midfield overrun by Steve fucking Sidwell
I wasn't, I'm in Canada at the moment, remember?

The mistake was annoying. But the constant negativity after that second goal was clearly depressing for the players. It helped nothing. The fans may be unhappy, but they're making everything worse by their booing, and everyone knows it. At this point, the players know the fans won't back them, they know the media will cater to that view with negative articles, and they know that either they have to be patient while things come good, or leave the club to somewhere pleasant to play.

Contrast that with Dortmund's supporters and the season they're having.

I wasn't, I'm in Canada at the moment, remember?

The mistake was annoying. But the constant negativity after that second goal was clearly depressing for the players. It helped nothing. The fans may be unhappy, but they're making everything worse by their booing, and everyone knows it. At this point, the players know the fans won't back them, they know the media will cater to that view with negative articles, and they know that either they have to be patient while things come good, or leave the club to somewhere pleasant to play.

Contrast that with Dortmund's supporters and the season they're having.
They had 20 minutes of support of 27 mins 1 zip down in front of home fans they've let down 60% of the time in the league before yesterday. Begovic was tested not once in that time and they fuck it up and go 2 behind. Call me a harsh prick but if they can't show something when we are behind at home with the crowd not booing then they deserve to be booed off at HT.

Also those Dortmund fans are treated 1000x better than football supporters here. A Season Ticket costs as much as a seat goes for on stubhub for a london derby

They had 20 minutes of support of 27 mins 1 zip down in front of home fans they've let down 60% of the time in the league before yesterday. Begovic was tested not once in that time and they fuck it up and go 2 behind. Call me a harsh prick but if they can't show something when we are behind at home with the crowd not booing then they deserve to be booed off at HT.

Also those Dortmund fans are treated 1000x better than football supporters here. A Season Ticket costs as much as a seat goes for on stubhub for a london derby
That doesn't change the support they give their team. After having a lot more sustained success than we'd enjoyed. Given that they're the 2nd biggest club in Germany, they'd have the right to expect different results. But they're not failing to back the players anyway.

We are. You are a harsh prick, and it isn't helping. If you want them to be better, give them the support to do so. As a fan, that means supporting them, not acting as an opposition supporter.

The booing yesterday was really upsetting but people are frustrated spending hundreds of pounds if not thousands a year and not getting what they perceive as value back on the pitch. The board have made suspect work of our recruitment policy and fans feel disconnected.

Both problems lie with the board
1. Must recruit more effectively through more thorough scouting
2. Must do more to make the fans feel a part of the club

The players need to show some urgency and fight and take a leaf out of Kane and Mason's book - they show a love of the club - the fans will respond to that.

I'd not have a problem finishing midtable with a bunch of rookies out of the academy as long as they showed a bit of mettle.

Can't bring myself to boo, but if it carries on like this I dont see how i can justify paying all that money to go see poor football and a tense atmosphere

All for booing them off at HT and at FT when the game is either done or they have 15 mins to regroup and think about what shit they just served up. When players are misplacing passes left right and centre, or being man handled like Kaboul, or going side to side without looking threatening I wouldn't say the WHL crowd were booing them, yeah sure you get the odd "for fuck sake" but that's normal and out of 35,000 somewhat isolated.

Blur_-_Modern_Life_is_Rubbish.jpg

The Trouble At Spurs Is…

I have decided to take a controversial view but please bear with me for a minute. There is a rot that has set in; I began to see this set in more so after our fabled Champions League exploits.

I was at The Lane yesterday Block 35 near the front, the game starts and people all around me sit down. It was like they were expecting a movie to start, all that was missing was the popcorn.

The ooh’s and the ahh’s begin and then moans and the groans begin to gain more volume and remained for most of the game. It was only in the last 10-15 minutes of the game that the majority of people thought I better get behind the team.

Then the I might as well takes some pictures, video footage and the obligatory selfies lot decide to keep themselves entertained as well as should I have a pie or a hot dog? brigade decided to join in.

In the mean time the away supporters are supporting their team and OUT SINGING the home supporters. The atmosphere at The Lane was so bad that at one point I thought I saw tumble weeds rolling across the pitch.

Some of the poor buggers in the South Lower and The Shelf tried to get the atmosphere going only to get their life force drained out of them. The rest of the East Stand, West Stand and North Stand might as well of not been there. The away supporters had plenty of empty seats but still managed to get behind their team.

Now if any of you have been to an #1882 night, you will know what I am getting at. The atmosphere at the Newcastle and Stoke game was a disgrace and an embarrassment. Not to mention the ever increasing sight of empty seats. We are stronger together! During the Newcastle game when the day should have been about remembering the legendary Bill Nicholson, I broke up a fight between fellow Spurs supporters over someone making a comment about Ebola. What that has to do with football is beyond me. For those 90 + minutes we should be united.

White Hart Lane should be a fortress where away teams and supporters should be a fearful and expect an intimidating experience, not in a violent or aggressive manner but in terms of atmosphere. When Hoddle was in charge he asked the home supporters to be the twelfth man against Chelsea. To any of you that were there that night, you will remember the impact we made!

So the trouble at Spurs is the home supporters! Not ENIC or Levy but perhaps Baldini. We do a better job of killing off our beloved Spurs than any other club or away supporters can. We should be ashamed! The Spurs supporters that go to away games must look down on us. If you can’t be bothered to get behind the team don’t go. Stay at home or go to the pub and moan to your hearts content and allow people who want to watch / support Spurs and have a great day out whatever the result may be attend.

In recent times the best games I have been to have been watching the U21’s Spurs v Woolwich and Spurs v Asteras. Those nights I will always cherish because it shows what can be achieved if you only dare to believe. God Bless the #1882 movement.

So in short I would like more like minded people to attend games at White Hart Lane! Remember “AUDERE EST FACERE”. Hopefully I will see more of you at the Partizan game and at White Hart Lane in the future. You never know we might be able to create Fortress WHL together. #COYS

The trouble with Spurs is... we are a bit shit at the moment.

I think we and all the football public agree our biggest problem is leadership and balls on the pitch. My hope is this man comes back into the side and has on ok close to the season before being made 15/16 team captain. Young, english, has the balls to tell others what to do and doesn't mind getting into the opposition too!

:walker:

Players critical of support. Coach critical of players. Supporters critical of both players and coach. In any situation where common ground needs to he found all parties must agree. So a little honesty from everyone would be helpfull. There needs to be a win / win outcome. Newcastle turned it around with the players backing AP after supporters booed, so it can be done.

lets wake up ,is there a player out there that you would pay your ticket money to see,a player that is constantly involved,runs a game,it hurts the me to say but there is no spine to this team,i mean four or five that the average players raise there game just to play with.Harry is one of our own but im afraid and hate to say it its not enough.We have an average team that is not prepared to sweat blood for the shirt,FOR FUCK SAKE no team ,bad buys,no new ground.LEVYand BALDINI out AND joe FRONT UP OR SELL.

Back
Top Bottom