The Spurs Of London - SL Benfica

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah Kyle's defending has improved but in recent games we have seen good delivery too
So what do you all think about "Naughts and crosses"?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOMM :avbdamn: (someone must have already said it)

Naughton is a solid little player with good passing and crossing just wish he was a little quicker and that would be great, good competition down at right back now.

Naughton is a solid little player with good passing and crossing just wish he was a little quicker and that would be great, good competition down at right back now.

I fully agree........... But TOMO please tell me you got my Naughts and Crosses joke!

Benfica is 12 points clear of a Porto team that just bounced Napoli out 3-1 on aggregate. It doesn't excuse our performance in the first leg but Benfica is no joke.

Edit: 3-2 Napoli scores in the 92nd minute.

Benfica is 12 points clear of a Porto team that just bounced Napoli out 3-1 on aggregate. It doesn't excuse our performance in the first leg but Benfica is no joke.

Benfica are totally not a joke, last year Basel, Inter, Lyon we are destined to get tough teams, Benfica had same points as Olympiakos in CL group but I think Benfica would kill them 7 times out of 10, just typical we will face one of the best teams falling out of CL

This poem sums up how it feels to be a spurs fan:

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
And how else can it be?
The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.
Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?
And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?
When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
And how else can it be?
Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?
And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?
When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

Faggot. :levystare:

Mix emotions. Could have been, would have been, should have been?
Over a season, you wait for that pivotal moment when you feel things may change for the better. Almost tonight but not quite. Good performance all round, keep Sandro at CB. Not convinced that our form will improve off the back off this.

And how else can it be?
This is mine...
There was a young boy from Bombay,
By supporting Spurs, never felt happy or gay.
On here - he got to read most,
of the supporters - witty posts.
And laughed for the rest of the day.

I don't normally diss players but I thought Rose had a mare. Lack of concentration, maybe due to tiredness but some of his passing , control was a bit cringe worthy.

So what we got from tonight is Saldado needs to go Townsend could be sold if we got a good offer and Brad needs to pack it in

I think it's unfair to say Brad needs to pack it in.

He's technically old enough to be someones granddad yet he's still, to me, far better than most of the goalkeepers we've had in the last 20 years. I'd take 42 year old Friedel over a goalkeeper half his age (i.e. Walker, Keller, Baardsen). I actually don't see why people slate him so much, except for the comparison to Lloris.

I'm really glad Naughton played well, he's consistently improving with game time and I hope that people are seeing that he's not a "championship player" and he does have a lot to offer. Also glad that Chadli did well in a F9/In the hole role, as I think he's our best shooter at the moment and seems to offer a little more in that behind-the-striker role (Ade often has his back to goal and so misses the same run & shoot chances).
Kane also did really well, showed he could set up goals and still looked pretty sharp when given the chances (something we've not seen much of in the 10 min time wasting appearances). Shame about the header, but I can guarantee that he's going to spent more time than the rest of us wondering 'what if'.

At the end of the day, we thought we'd get destroyed with the injuries we had. I'm actually tempted to say that, minus Sandro being the Box Beast, I preferred our line up tonight. More of a team and less of a group of individuals.

Definitely had our chances to get the 3rd. That should have been a penalty on Kane forcing a PK. Lord knows, how much we have been screwed over by those kind of calls in important games. Credit to the keeper, he was well positioned on the Siggy and Kane headers.

felt sorry for the last 15 minutes of the game ,almost to play extra time...too late,unfortunately...first leg was decisive,Spurs thinking now for the next season,because the current one is...done.

If that second leg was at the Lane I reckon we would have got that last goal we needed.

Shame but overall a good (second half) performance, did ourselves and the fans who travelled proud.

If that second leg was at the Lane I reckon we would have got that last goal we needed.

Shame but overall a good (second half) performance, did ourselves and the fans who travelled proud.

I don't know, our home form has been terrible this year :/

I'm not too disappointed - we saved a lot of face last night and came away with a lot of pride. No doubt before the game their shitty supporters were saying we had an old man in goal, teenagers out of position in defence and a midfielder up front. Bet they were expecting to destroy us.

Guys did the badge proud. I'm not bothered about progressing on the basis that we expected an arse kicking. We're winners to me, just for how we played.

Over a season most teams win FA. So whatever happens this season, we are in the majority?

The top 4 are sorted and competing in their own little league. We being the outside competitive underdogs hitting 5th spot on a regular basis, sometimes disrupting the order is commendable . How close are we getting amongst the the top 4 on a regular basis-who knows. I feel liverpool had no distractions this season and the scum got lucky in the FA Cup. Maybe this is all it takes, no distractions in Europe and a little luck? I believe the club set up is amongst the best.

Back
Top Bottom