The Spurs Of London - SL Benfica

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tim and the players will be so hyped up, knowing it's their last meaningful match of the season and a chance at redemption , and come out of the gates really pumped up and ready to make it a historic night.

Benfica 4 Spurs 0.

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Sadly, this is our last game of any substantial meaning this season (March 20th, mind you), epitomised by series of preposterous, poisonous decisions which ultimately led to a complete implosion from top to bottom

I sincerely hope we can go out and if nothing else, show a bit of fight and desire. Fuck the player meetings, double agents, and back-stabbers - go out and play for the shirt, you over-paid mercenary wankers, and show some respect to the club and fans!

Stranger things have happened

4-4-facking-2 from the onset - Ade and Soldado in front of Eriksen, Townsend, Paulinho and Sandro

COYS

chillbulldogbrop1.gif

Last edited:
Also, I think this performance by itself makes Chadli our second or third best summer signing. :chadliwtf:

Bentaleb was magnificent. Kid is 19. The stick he gets is disgusting. My least favorite thing about the club and fanbase right now and that's saying something.

43 year old geezer

2nd choice RB - CDM who is playing on pain killers 4 games in two weeks - Youth LB - Rose

19 year old CDM - CAM back just back from injury

out of form RM (captain) - Belgian who receives a lot of flack - back from injury prospect

Heavily out of form Spaniard

Young English striker, Young Danish wonder boy

2-2 Against a team who haven't lost in ages (at home even longer) and haven't conceded 2 in ages also,

Defeat, yeah, but I'm proud

From wiki:

"The 1–6–3 formation was first utilised by Japan at the behest of General Yoshijirō Umezu in 1936. Famously, Japan defeated the heavily favoured Swedish team 3–2 at the 1936 Olympics with the unorthodox 1–6–3 formation,

_1369323194.gif

before going down 0–8 to Italy.

kanye-smile-frown-nope-gif.gif

The formation was dubbed the "kamikaze" formation sometime in the 1960s when former US national team player Walter Bahr used it for a limited number of games as coach of the Philadelphia Spartans to garner greater media and fan attention for the struggling franchise."

To be fair...Some of our shapes have been so shambolic, we have looked like that formation.

-------------------Llorris--------------------
-----------------------------------------Rose (daydreaming while rest of team spring offside/high line trap)
Lennon-Daws-Sandro-Pauly--Vert-----
----Townsend---Soldado--Chadli--------

What's that you say? I only have 5 in midfield instead of 6? Nope. Siggy is next to Vert. Hard to spot but he's there.

Naughton trying to take his chance at RB is great, Walker needs to look over his shoulder, still early days but Naughton is improving with every game, genuine competion for places will push us on.
Bentaleb, superb performance. He was very dissaplined, didn't commit to high up the pitch, broke up play, allways available for the pass. Chadli another strong performance from him on the back of a strong first half against the scum, holds the ball up well, threat running at defence (would like to see a bit more though). Fryers big game for him, he must have been bricking it at the start, came through with an accomplished performance, that was his biggest game of his life and to come out of it as one of our better players he has to be buzzing.

Watching Spurs continues to age me.

This poem sums up how it feels to be a spurs fan:

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
And how else can it be?
The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.
Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?
And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?
When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

Faggot. :levystare:

Spursiest thing ever. Look apathetic for 75 minutes. Score two goals against a team that hasn't conceded at home since December. Have a pen disallowed and get robbed on amount of injury time while missing two late chances. So typical it hurts.

And Chadli took both goals extremely well. First one was a superb finish. Second one, instinctive. And to think, our £26m striker would have probably missed it :avbfacepalm:

Always rated the guy, scored some great goals for FC Twente. Big, strong, powerful, great with both feet. Should be starting given our current lack of form players in the final third.

David Pleat was on my flight. He seemed annoyed he was put at the back next to the bog and was simply demolishing the red wine. I hope he made it through customs.

#SavePleaty
#PascalShimbomba

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom