The reason Benteke fell through

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Your money might be, but it boils down to the same thing - Levy won't put his out for the wages.

I sincerely doubt he would pay his wages too. I also haven't put any actual money on it because that would be silly.

But if were going to have a thread about buying Inrahimovic...I'm putting theoretical money on Higuain! :D

Not really....Ive seen no quotes whatsoever from anyone at the club saying we were even after Benteke.

Did we even bid? Fucking LOL "terms agreed, wages agreed blaaaaaaaaaah blaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

Whos the fucking WUM you wannabe ITK twat...

Benteke put in a transfer request. He was there for the taking. Levy flinched. Got ovah ?

Time to get City on the horn. Dzeko is salty n ready to move

af2e4df8f4cb70d72d8e46699ae190d0.png

If you offered me the chance on May 20th to keep the same squad as last year then I would have taken it as keeping Bale is better than any potential signing in the world and people seem to have forgotten that that we have signed Brazil's Number 1 midfielder.

Levy still has time to find that striker but if not, I'm expecting Adebayor to perform like he did in the latter stages of last season.

If you offered me the chance on May 20th to keep the same squad as last year then I would have taken it as keeping Bale is better than any potential signing in the world and people seem to have forgotten that that we have signed Brazil's Number 1 midfielder.

Levy still has time to find that striker but if not, I'm expecting Adebayor to perform like he did in the latter stages of last season.

Fock that politely. This club is so damn close. Lets get greedy. God knows we deserve after the last two years of almost comical misfortunes

Keep Bale, get that complete Striker and with Paulinho already arriving , this prem Spurs campaign will be absolute tits

I remember getting a left winger caused the same strife for more than a few seasons...then we got one and he fucking turns into a striker.

The thing I like about Dembele is that he seems to like collecting the ball with opposition players close to him (like Modric and about everyone at Barca), if he can step past them and move forward it effectively puts them out of the game. I agree, he needs to know when to release the ball (and/or get Bale to give him some shooting lessons) to maximise the effect of this.

Agree about Carroll, I hope he has a big summer working on his strength and fitness to really challenge for a more regular first team spot this season as he has great technique and could be a really good player for us.

Back
Top Bottom