The race for second place.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really shitting myself now. I'd been relatively calm and confident until we conceded that goal up at West Brom. I just don't trust us not to fuck this up anymore. I worry that Poch's "me or another" comments have got through to the players. I can't think that it's something that would be helpful for the dressing room, regardless of his motives for saying it.

I dont know about you guys but Im absolutely revelling in the fact that we have so much riding on the upcoming two matches. After the loss to UTD it felt like the season was over from an intrerest point. As if we had nothing to play for, Champs league was a sure thing and we were no longer in any cups. So us shitting the bed and dropping so many points has at least thrown some excitement back in to it for me.

Albeit I am also preparing to shit my own bed...

I dont know about you guys but Im absolutely revelling in the fact that we have so much riding on the upcoming two matches. After the loss to UTD it felt like the season was over from an intrerest point. As if we had nothing to play for, Champs league was a sure thing and we were no longer in any cups. So us shitting the bed and dropping so many points has at least thrown some excitement back in to it for me.

Albeit I am also preparing to shit my own bed...
For me, this isn't a nervousness with any positive elements (such as excitement) to it, as the nervousness before the Man Utd semi-final was. This is more like a dread. If we win on Wednesday it will just be a massive relief.

I know what you mean, but personally I could do without this feeling and would rather have total dull meaningless fixtures left.

For me, this isn't a nervousness with any positive elements (such as excitement) to it, as the nervousness before the Man Utd semi-final was. This is more like a dread. If we win on Wednesday it will just be a massive relief.

I know what you mean, but personally I could do without this feeling and would rather have total dull meaningless fixtures left.

I felt like that immediately after West Brom but I have now somehow successfully reconciled the situation in my mind to one of optimism and excitement.

Im still shitting it, but it is nice to be watching games with so much meaning. We don't often have those.

I felt like that immediately after West Brom but I have now somehow successfully reconciled the situation in my mind to one of optimism and excitement.

Im still shitting it, but it is nice to be watching games with so much meaning. We don't often have those.
There’s another side to this as well. Win both games & there is absolute relief, not to mention the unbridled joy of seeing either the Dippers or the Chavs get to within touching distance only to miss out. Now that would be worth its weight in gold.
The team just have to stop fucking about and put these 2 games to bed.

Really, we should thank the players for keeping the rest of the season interesting.
Can't see us losing either match so we should do it.

Really, we should thank the players for keeping the rest of the season interesting.
Can't see us losing either match so we should do it.
Having it both ways as usual. First the sarcasm then the fake ‘coys’. You are painfully transparent scotty. Personally I can’t see two draws being enough.

Having it both ways as usual. First the sarcasm then the fake ‘coys’. You are painfully transparent scotty. Personally I can’t see two draws being enough.
Jesus, you look way too deep in to every post. It was just a little joke. & I expect us to win at least 1 & not to lose either. Not surprising you assumed the lowest amount of pt's possible as always.
Your try so hard to find the negatives.
No wonder your paranoid & think everyone is a troll or melt. Lighten up joe.
Stop claiming you enjoy the forum & are happy so much too. You seem the opposite. Pack it in & take up fifa.

Same. I've been running the math on what we need to do to get top 4 guaranteed since the win at Chelsea. Was ok with the draw b/c we'd only need 1 out of 2. Now we have to get results against teams who have a history against us while everyone bends over for Chelsea.

Like who would've thought we'd drop this many points while Chelsea wins out on their past form.

It's looked like most of the team has been on holiday since that game and hopefully the chelsea win against pool was a huge wake up call in the dressing room.

We have a plus 9 gd on chelski ffs. A draw at WBA would have meant we could have afforded to draw one of the last 2 games. Really annoying.
Am I missing something? On the Newcastle game thread someone just said the game is a must win. But a win and a draw would put us on 76 which is what Chelsea will finish on if they win both games. Or do you think they might make up the GD? I suppose it's possible against Huddersfield and Newcastle (Indeed we made up 12 in the last two games of last season didn't we?).

Am I missing something? On the Newcastle game thread someone just said the game is a must win. But a win and a draw would put us on 76 which is what Chelsea will finish on if they win both games. Or do you think they might make up the GD? I suppose it's possible against Huddersfield and Newcastle (Indeed we made up 12 in the last two games of last season didn't we?).

We will not lose a top 4 spot to goal difference unless we draw our last 2 games, Liverpool draw their game and Chelsea win both of their remaining games.

Win tomorrow and we are in the box seat. Simple...........I wish.

Yes you are missing few things:
1. We don't need to go to the last game needing a win.
2. 3 points tomorrow puts pressure on cheski and liverpool.
3. Get it done asap
4. We lost last week so a win against newcastle will be good and sweet for us fans.
5.Walking out of Wembley with 3 points is better than you know what.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom