The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, if Chelsea knock Leeds out of the cup and get through to the quarter finals, their match with Woolwich will also be postponed

Looking at availability. I imagine it won't be until April, frustratingly. Mid week too.

So probably between Forest and Newcastle or between Newcastle and City in my opinion.

Then again, I've noticed the City game falls on FA Cup semi final day, so if City get that far, that game will be postponed too

Title charge?

Yeah title charge.

I’m seeing man United being in the hunt for CL headlines this morning. They are 6 points behind us and don’t even play us or Villa over the next 3 months.

We play city woolwich and Liverpool. We win those 3 it’s game on. All to play for.

We didn’t lose in the first 10 games. Got most of the bottom clubs left to play at home still. One game a week.

Title charge is needed. Can’t be a title canter.

You changed your tune 👍

100%. Said all along game 25 shows what you’re about. We are not top. Closer to top place than 7th though.

And we are relying on 3 other teams dropping points.

But if we win nearly all our games - especially the 6 pointers it’s game on.

So we need a title charge.

No excuses. 1 game a week. Leave it out there every week. Glory awaits.

I liken us to David Wottle Munich 72. At some point we just need to make our sprint for the finish and hope others slow down a bit.

We play city woolwich and Liverpool. We win those 3 it’s game on. All to play for.

We didn’t lose in the first 10 games. Got most of the bottom clubs left to play at home still. One game a week.

Title charge is needed. Can’t be a title canter.

We beat the top 3, including Liverpool at Anfield, it's absolutely unprecedented.
If we won all 3 of those we deserve the title.
The odds of it though are very, very slim IMO.

Not losing any of them would be great going.

100%. Said all along game 25 shows what you’re about. We are not top. Closer to top place than 7th though.

And we are relying on 3 other teams dropping points.

But if we win nearly all our games - especially the 6 pointers it’s game on.

So we need a title charge.

No excuses. 1 game a week. Leave it out there every week. Glory awaits.

I liken us to David Wottle Munich 72. At some point we just need to make our sprint for the finish and hope others slow down a bit.

I said this 6 weeks ago but you weren't having none of it :p

I said this 6 weeks ago but you weren't having none of it :p

I’m living in a world of positivity now. I’ve left reality behind.

For me the only reason I’m not married to Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett johansenn and gal gadot is the fact we haven’t met. Nothing to do with the fact they may not believe in polygamy.

Whereas before I was willing to accept mediocrity from spurs now I expect 10-0 wins every week.

It’s been a very enriching experience.

So yes I expect us to beat Liverpool, City and woolwich. It might be unprecedented Matt1882 but it’s also going to happen.

One of them might even be the same weekend as my triple wedding.

I’m living in a world of positivity now. I’ve left reality behind.

For me the only reason I’m not married to Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett johansenn and gal gadot is the fact we haven’t met. Nothing to do with the fact they may not believe in polygamy.

Whereas before I was willing to accept mediocrity from spurs now I expect 10-0 wins every week.

It’s been a very enriching experience.

So yes I expect us to beat Liverpool, City and woolwich. It might be unprecedented Matt1882 but it’s also going to happen.

One of them might even be the same weekend as my triple wedding.
I like your selection.

You have those 3. I'll have Margot Robbie, Taylor Swift and Morena Baccarin if we beat City Pool and Arse

Lets take it 1 game at a time, If we win every game from now on I'll be happy with that and then see where we finish! :ange-arms:
fuck that
tenor.gif

We have fielded our first choice back 4 in 12 games so far - excluding the Chelsea game as the goals came after our defenders left the field of play.

4 clean sheets and 13 goals conceded. Conceding close to a goal per game is comparable with City, Liverpool and Woolwich.
It seems a lot of goals against us come from daft mistakes in our own half. Giving the ball away or getting jumped on at the halfway line while passing the ball around. Brentford and Brighton both getting joy from that tactic. As did we Vs Brighton.

Chelsea game will be midweek wedged in between that City, Woolwich and Liverpool run 100%.
We will likely have a 5 fixture run of
Newcastle, City, Woolwich, Chelsea and Liverpool and that couldn't be any more difficult.

Spurs could get 15 points from that or zero.

Chelsea game will be midweek wedged in between that City, Woolwich and Liverpool run 100%.
We will likely have a 5 fixture run of
Newcastle, City, Woolwich, Chelsea and Liverpool and that couldn't be any more difficult.

Spurs could get 15 points from that or zero.

Let's hope City get to the semi final of the FA Cup. Then our game will be postponed

Back
Top Bottom