The Olympic Stadium thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Newcastle average attendance: 50,359

Newcastle Matchday income: £26m

Tottenham average attendance: 36000

Tottenham Matchday income: £35m

(West ham Matchday income £19m currently)

With West Hams new ground being 49k as far as they are concerned financially (54k - 5k free to council) and with their ticket pricing structure that they have announced on par with Newcastle I fail to see how this is going allow them this massive windfall to take them above us?

They need to increase their matchday income 85% to match us currently.Then if our stadium remains on time, two seasons after they receive the Olympic stadium we will open our new ground with 12000 more seats (excluding the free seats at West ham) with a higher pricing structure.

When competing with the teams around them it is a massive bonus, however they will not match Woolwich, Man United, Man City (Expanding), Liverpool (Expanding) and Chelsea (New ground planned) and ourselves with regards to matchday income.

They are debt free which is always nice as a club but so are we... and we have the bonus of owning our ground and being able to generate more income from it. NFL for example.

With West Hams new ground being 49k as far as they are concerned financially (54k - 5k free to council) and with their ticket pricing structure that they have announced on par with Newcastle I fail to see how this is going allow them this massive windfall to take them above us?

They need to increase their matchday income 85% to match us currently.Then if our stadium remains on time, two seasons after they receive the Olympic stadium we will open our new ground with 12000 more seats (excluding the free seats at West ham) with a higher pricing structure.

When competing with the teams around them it is a massive bonus, however they will not match Woolwich, Man United, Man City (Expanding), Liverpool (Expanding) and Chelsea (New ground planned) and ourselves with regards to matchday income.

They are debt free which is always nice as a club but so are we... and we have the bonus of owning our ground and being able to generate more income from it. NFL for example.
They are £92M in debt. I have no idea how much they have sold their caravan site for as it is all hush, hush but some say it is approx. £50??

thats you on ignore then.

Like i said to him earlier in the thread, the 2 million a year rent plus the free tickets means the OS is effectively costing spam 400 million over its 99 yr lease. at at the end, they may have nothing to show for it.

342_DR_Olympic.jpg

Funny thing about West Ham fans is not only do they think they are a 'bigger' club they think they will be better than us next season. The renting of an athletics stadium exacerbates this. Laughable bunch of thick cunts.
While renting the OS may not make them better than us next season, they are, IMO, clearly strengthening their squad and I expect them to finish closer to us than than they did last year.

It'll take five years at least, before they can even realistically hope to become bigger than us, and it won't happen, AFAIC, during the next twenty years at least, and probably long after that, if indeed it ever happens. BUT, while they were at the Boleyn they were never a realistic threat to us, the OS lottery win means they are now.

While renting the OS may not make them better than us next season, they are, IMO, clearly strengthening their squad and I expect them to finish closer to us than than they did last year.

It'll take five years at least, before they can even realistically hope to become bigger than us, and it won't happen, AFAIC, during the next twenty years at least, and probably long after that, if indeed it ever happens. BUT, while they were at the Boleyn they were never a realistic threat to us, the OS lottery win means they are now.
There's no point worrying about what might happen, especially in regards to West Ham.

I think people are getting annoyed you seem to be over emphasising the threat they could be. They've benefited from the OS from a financial point of view, but I'll be interested to see what happens after their debut season there. If the view from the gods is shit enough that even at £300 people don't want a season ticket they'll be in trouble, their current plans rely on selling it out every game every season.

Bilic is unproven at the top level, he did ok with a decent Croatia squad but he's hardly a Klopp etc. If they do make the europa group stages it'll be interesting to see how it affects their season - look at how Everton suffered in the league last season. They could be in real trouble next year, I wouldn't lose any sleep over them adding any success to the World Cup just yet.

There is just as much chance of someone like Rotherham getting bought out by a billionnaire, pumping loads of money into the squad / facilities and then becoming an established premier league side we need to worry about. In 20 years Rotherham and Huddersfield could be representing England in the Champions League.

It's a bit silly to speculate as to who is going to be 'bigger' than who in the next generation is the point I guess I'm getting at, rather long windedly I'll admit. The obsession with West Ham and "their" stadium is quite frankly ridiculous and really not anything to worry about.

I've bothered typing this as it won't get read by the old goat anyway.

There's no point worrying about what might happen, especially in regards to West Ham.

I think people are getting annoyed you seem to be over emphasising the threat they could be. They've benefited from the OS from a financial point of view, but I'll be interested to see what happens after their debut season there. If the view from the gods is shit enough that even at £300 people don't want a season ticket they'll be in trouble, their current plans rely on selling it out every game every season.

Bilic is unproven at the top level, he did ok with a decent Croatia squad but he's hardly a Klopp etc. If they do make the europa group stages it'll be interesting to see how it affects their season - look at how Everton suffered in the league last season. They could be in real trouble next year, I wouldn't lose any sleep over them adding any success to the World Cup just yet.
Some people on here would get annoyed if I wrote 2+2=4. So I don't take notice of those ones :)
But for sure I am not overemphasizing the threat West Ham now pose. the threat is here, and it's real. Anyone who has followed their transfer activity over the last few years can see that. Ever since they knew they had won the OS lottery and got back in the Prem, you can see their spending pattern.

We'll see how their squad goes this year, but almost certainly this summer has seen them strengthening.

There's a lot on here and elsewhere who want to live in denial re the OS. I am absolutely confident I am right on this and have been since they won the OS lottery. It's an an amazing club-changing win for them, and to repeat they were never a threat to us at Upton Park, but now without doubt they are.

Just see how they have consolidated since their Championship days, now watch how they push closer to us in the next couple of seasons.

I just know I am soooooo right about this, and let's see who called it correctly at the end of this season and the next. Just remember all those on here and elsewhere who said they will 'flop at the OS,' it will be 'half empty', there'll be 'no increase in revenue', blah blah, blah. Judge then what they have written and what I have in reply :thumbup:

That's pretty much what you've said in your other hundred posts in this thread. West Ham are a threat. They've done well to get the stadium. It's not that I disagree, more that it's all you ever say. Like Chinese water torture.

Pre-emptive strike now. Thread on ignore.

I see plenty of people continue to be in denial over the OS. Obviously if the degrogatory things many Spurs fans have said about the OS and West Ham's inability to fill it/make a sizeable amount out of it are true, then West Ham are not getting an excellent deal.

But in actuality they are getting an excellent deal, and many of the criticisms/analyses are wide of the mark, as I have pointed out several times in this thread, and as will be demonstrated in reality when West ham start playing there.

Incidentally comparing our 'new stadium' to theirs is hypothetical at this stage, as ours isn't built yet.

If/When ours is built and we are in it playing Prem football, then it will surely be better. But there are many rivers to cross and forms to be signed before that happens.:thumbup:

I see plenty of people continue to be in denial over the OS. Obviously if the degrogatory things many Spurs fans have said about the OS and West Ham's inability to fill it/make a sizeable amount out of it are true, then West Ham are not getting an excellent deal.

But in actuality they are getting an excellent deal, and many of the criticisms/analyses are wide of the mark, as I have pointed out several times in this thread, and as will be demonstrated in reality when West ham start playing there.

Incidentally comparing our 'new stadium' to theirs is hypothetical at this stage, as ours isn't built yet.

If/When ours is built and we are in it playing Prem football, then it will surely be better. But there are many rivers to cross and forms to be signed before that happens.:thumbup:
Nobody is in denial Greaves, most of us don't accept your vision of West Ham's immediate future - it's based on the ramblings of a paranoid defeatist. Please stop saying what you have pointed out in this thread - none of it adds up, and bolding your points doesn't make them any more valid, and it's fucking irritating. You have absolutely no evidence whatsoever to back up your claim that WH will become a force after this move.

Some people on here would get annoyed if I wrote 2+2=4. So I don't take notice of those ones :)
But for sure I am not overemphasizing the threat West Ham now pose. the threat is here, and it's real. Anyone who has followed their transfer activity over the last few years can see that. Ever since they knew they had won the OS lottery and got back in the Prem, you can see their spending pattern.
They've spent a bit more because they got back in the prem - this is not hard. If you put a pig on stage at the O2, it's still a fucking pig.

daily_gifdump_863_26.gif

Back
Top Bottom