The North London Derby (Home)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not really convinced that any of those things happened. I'm 99.9% sure that all the transfers were done before Bale was officially sold; Soldado Chadli & Paulinho over a month before.
In addition, Baldini is responsible for transfers, as evidenced by Lamela, so I wouldn't say any "lemons" were "panic bought" by Levy.

I also don't recall him blaming anyone at all, nor there being any expectations made public. I liked AVB all but for our performance on the field, but even I can see he bottled it and walked out just as much as he was asked to leave.
Failing to keep our star players is the reason we cant compete with the others. The moment we start becoming a threat to top4 we lose out 'mojo' player.
Selling Bale IS the reason we are doing so shit this season. Nothing will change my opinion of that. Every since that 'last minute' transfer we've been in shit knee deep:)

This is fucking horrible. This is the one result I feared most. Another narrow defeat to these cunts. I was desperate for a win. Even a draw would have been pallatable. But the players show a bit of passion, we finish up with fuck-all, and suddenly the pressures off Sherwood...Or so it seems reading the post match comments on here. For fuck sake, I`d rather have seen a 0-5 spanking. At least the pressure would have been intolerable and the axe might have fallen. But now it seems everythings rosy again. Fucking Hell.

What makes it worse is it was a CL 6 pointer, at home and our manager made exactly the same mistakes that hampered our season under AVB.

The team shape, high line, wing backs, wingers dribbling and putting in terrible crosses to nobody, starting 11 hampering attacking corners etc. It's the definition of madness. Doing the same thing over and expecting different results.

Failing to keep our star players is the reason we cant compete with the others. The moment we start becoming a threat to top4 we lose out 'mojo' player.
Selling Bale IS the reason we are doing so shit this season. Nothing will change my opinion of that. Every since that 'last minute' transfer we've been in shit knee deep:)

But we spent the last 2 or 3 season saying we weren't a one man team? So now we are?

I love Bale, but I'd rather we grow without him in a season of transition (ironically, probably, finishing 5th anyway) than admit that he is bigger than the club and we're nothing without him

just got home

atmopshere was shit, they outdung us all game. what happned with shwrood and sagna? few of ours tride to fight at full time lol

had the ballk but did nothing with it as usial, no threat at all. insufferable cunts.

Liverpool kept Suarez.
We lost Bale.

Say n'more....
END OF.

Whatever way you skew it, or wrap it up, the hard truth is there for all to see!

But we spent the last 2 or 3 season saying we weren't a one man team? So now we are?

I love Bale, but I'd rather we grow without him in a season of transition (ironically, probably, finishing 5th anyway) than admit that he is bigger than the club and we're nothing without him
Im not saying we are a one man team, but building a team means keeping our core and getting new players around them. Look at Liverpool, they kept that rat somehow and got Sturidge. Over the past years they have been improving the team and not resetting every season like we do. There is no need to admit that he is bigger then the club, but you cant say were better of without him. Increase his wage, make him the club hero, massage his ego, thats what clubs do nowadays. Few more years and we will become that Liverpool joke where all we can talk about are our legends from decades ago.
Just imagine our team now with Modric, VdV, Bale, Ade(in his good mood) and the rest around them.

I'm not really convinced that any of those things happened. I'm 99.9% sure that all the transfers were done before Bale was officially sold; Soldado Chadli & Paulinho over a month before.
In addition, Baldini is responsible for transfers, as evidenced by Lamela, so I wouldn't say any "lemons" were "panic bought" by Levy.

I also don't recall him blaming anyone at all, nor there being any expectations made public. I liked AVB all but for our performance on the field, but even I can see he bottled it and walked out just as much as he was asked to leave.

I think it has been pretty clear since 2005 that the club's expectations are Champions League qualification - Levy even said it himself back then in order to justify increases in ticket prices. Sherwood has said it this season that it is "Goodbye Charlie" if 4th is not met. Levy sold Carrick against Jol's wishes, Berba and Keane against Ramos's wishes, Modric and Bale against AVB's wishes and failed to replace any of them with the top transfers the managers wanted.

I'm pretty convinced those things happened and there is a bit of a trend. How many managers and directors do we seriously have to go through before they become the responsibility of the person who repeatedly selects and sacks them?

When Sherwood became manager and said he believed there was more than one way to win a game I thought, brilliant just what we need after AVB. But clearlywhat he believes and what he knows are different. He believes it but doesn't know how to do it. Game after game it's the exact same tactics. The opposition knows what they are going to face and can easily nullify it. It's boring as fuck to watch and its shit cause we can't score, there is no threat. Playing a high line again FFS against a good side. How many more games this season do we need that to blow up in our faces before we stop doing it?
This season is gone. We failed on all levels. Don't kid yourselves that its a transition season, it's not. It's a wasted season. Next season will be atransition season under, hopefully, LvG. The season after maybe we can challenge for something.

just got home

atmopshere was shit, they outdung us all game. what happned with shwrood and sagna? few of ours tride to fight at full time lol

had the ballk but did nothing with it as usial, no threat at all. insufferable cunts.

Throwing poo at each other? :saha:

I think it has been pretty clear since 2005 that the club's expectations are Champions League qualification - Levy even said it himself back then in order to justify increases in ticket prices. Sherwood has said it this season that it is "Goodbye Charlie" if 4th is not met. Levy sold Carrick against Jol's wishes, Berba and Keane against Ramos's wishes, Modric and Bale against AVB's wishes and failed to replace any of them with the top transfers the managers wanted.

I'm pretty convinced those things happened and there is a bit of a trend. How many managers and directors do we seriously have to go through before they become the responsibility of the person who repeatedly selects and sacks them?

Whichever way you look at it, we've not had the stadium (and thus income) of the larger teams, hence meaning that some sort of financial stability has to be made somehow

We've spent a lot of money and continually reinvested, and over 13 years we're lucky to have stepped up to be where we are. Sometimes transfers work out, sometimes they don't. We've been unlucky that they've not worked out as well as some other team's, but it's not through lack of spending or trying.

Berba, Carrick, Modric, Bale and Keane all wanted to leave (Keane was a Liverpool supporter and was massively enamoured by being #7 at Liverpool after they tapped him up, he just didn't know that Benitez would shove him out of position)

Just got back from the game and thought the atmosphere was good considering we were trailing for about 93 minutes and for the majority of the time we had seemed to have morphed into a Tony Pulis wet dream of aimless hoofs and punts forward to a completely isolated front man. Tbh the desire was there today but we just lacked a solid plan and proper quality players.

Disappointed in the end, thought the effort was there for the whole game but we simply didn't have anyone who could open the door, Naughton and Townsend were quite good I felt and Ade never stopped trying but once they sat back we couldn't break their wall down their CB's were repelling all the crosses and hoof forwards we could manage, the performance is a positive BUT given it's the league game we'd most want to win it's gutting to lose it especially since we've already lost twice to these smarmy cunts.

Liverpool kept Suarez.
We lost Bale.

Say n'more....
END OF.

Whatever way you skew it, or wrap it up, the hard truth is there for all to see!

Yes, it's the truth ... but the truth also is that we got 100 freaking million pounds!

You wana know where the hard truth really lies?
It is that we wasted a freaking HUGE, once in a lifetime opportunity.

Fucking cunts didn't know how to spend it! :avbwtf:

Liverpool kept Suarez.
We lost Bale.

Say n'more....
END OF.

Sure.
Unless the £60M difference in proposed transfer fees means something ...

I'm not defending the sale of Bale, but there's no way 'Pool keep Suarez if anybody came calling with £100M.
Just as there's no way we would have sold Bale for £40M.

You want Sherwood to be fired before the end of the season? Why? Season is over and the top managerial candidates aren't available until the summer. May as well leave him there until May. Not as if we're going to be relegated.
Yes, I want him out now. Should never have been appointed. Just because he`s fucked our season by mid March is no reason to to keep him on a couple more months. You know what`ll happen. He`ll finish the season with a few good results, albeit meaningless victorys, everybody thinks, Hey, you know what, he aint so bad after all, and Levy rewards him with a contract extension. Fuck that bollocks. I want him gone by the time I turn my radio on tomorrow. I have never in my life wanted a spurs manger out more than Sherwood. If he stays we`ll have a midfield next season of Benteleb, Livermore, Carol and Lennon to look forward to. I want this fucking ludicrous, scandelous situation nipped in the bud now.

Back
Top Bottom