The next Spurs captain

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the long term I could see Mason as a good captain. He leads by example already. In the short term Lloris is just fine, but I doubt he'll be here for many years to come. Walker is a bit..simple. At least in his playing style.

In the long term I could see Mason as a good captain. He leads by example already. In the short term Lloris is just fine, but I doubt he'll be here for many years to come. Walker is a bit..simple. At least in his playing style.

'Simple Walker' bet he'll love that.

Not so much reported on, but it seems that whenever there's a night out or party related to spurs, Kyle is in the photos. Not saying he's the only one, or that it's constant, but it's just something that I've associated him with at least in my mind.

Think I heard/read that he's often in Sheffield in the clubs, but can't recall who told me/where I read that, so it's useless to rely on.

I thought Walker was God fearing new father who didn't drink. I'm sure he was interviewed saying he doesn't go out at all.

Which is also not to be trusted. I think all captains should be piss heads, especially ones who fly planes.

As usual.... its very spursy with no right answer
Jan - if first season Jan would be the obvious choice but still has work to do to build back his reputation
Hugo - would be next but surely leaving in summer, he deserves a better club and trophies, nobody would begrudge him that after 3 seasons behind our defence.
Walker - Would be ok but still has a mistake in him and not the smartest, good leader by example as is a fantastic player when on form, just the brain farts and injuries get in way
Kaboul/Ade/Lennon - Could both be captain material if consistent mentally and performance wise, which they both arent sadly

Back
Top Bottom