The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I haven't had access for a couple of weeks and a bit rusty :)
williams.jpg

Great game and performance today, nearly perfect. I love our team at the moment and I couldn't pick out a MOTM as they all played their part. At the beginning of the season, I was resigned to a 'building' season and was only looking at maybe getting top six. However, never thought I would associate us with consistency and my hopes are now more ambitious. It's also really good to watch. WHU were quite woeful and I was expecting a better fight from them, but maybe it was our energy that they couldn't handle.
Couldn't believe the mass exodus of their fans at around 75 mins, never known them to be so defeatist.
When I left the ground, there were a couple of guys trying to interview supporters for their views, I overhead one of them ask 'is it good to have Harry back?' Couldn't resist biting back 'He never went away!'

It's great that the team is having success, even better that we're getting results by playing an energetic, fun brand of football.

It makes the weekends better when you can turn on the match and expect to see an entertaining game played by guys that really seem to care to play hard for the shirt.

Match of the Day have Son as MOTM.

:sonlol:

He had a good game but you couldn't pick out a weak link in our side!

Superb performance from start to finish and the pikeys can consider themselves extremely fortunate to get away with a 4-1 defeat!

The Chavs?

Do me a favour!

We will take them apart on this form and I can't wait!

I tip my hat to Poch and am delighted to have been proven wrong!

:pochsmirk:

:bow::bow::bow::coys:

Can't believe MOTD did not mention Dembele. Also the West Ham analysis was shocking. These weird boxes of space up the pitch they highlighted didn't make any space. Anyway they basically said West Ham should have played route one football. To be fair perhaps they should have.

Interesting Kyle Walker’s comment about all sticking up for each other in every situation like Dier had said a while back that we are not a soft touch and the quotes by pundits that they were had annoyed him and the other players, they are a having some rows in games but they are just creating more bonding between themselves something that Poch must be Installing in them more steel and fight.

Something missing for a long long time at the club as a few have said here I really believe they are playing for the team and the shirt.

Can't believe MOTD did not mention Dembele. Also the West Ham analysis was shocking. These weird boxes of space up the pitch they highlighted didn't make any space. Anyway they basically said West Ham should have played route one football. To be fair perhaps they should have.

Yes I thought Moose was awesome, full of energy and looking as though he could go straight through those Pikeys at will!

Perhaps his best game for us so far?

Shame Alli banned but Lamela will be back and Mason getting good game time!

When anyone picks Andy Carroll up front they are aiming to play long ball, they were not allowed to hit their target. That's it. We were better and stopped them

They played loads of long balls to Carroll, we just worked out that if the two centre backs drop ten yards off him then he either flicks the ball too them to mop up or he tries to cushion a header to a teammate which is just another 50/50 in the middle of the pitch.

For Carroll to be effective they need to be hitting balls for him to challenge for on the edge of the area, we just didn't let them get far enough up the pitch to do that. The MOTD analysis was far too simplistic.

I'll start with the trouble. Sad to hear at least one stabbed today. Spam very quick to criticise but Bricklayers was also hit, meant I missed out on a drink pre-match as our lot were all locked in with the shutters down.
Sadly I expect it'll be worse at their place. They'll want a scrap and it'll be our last trip to Upton Park so I reckon we'll see more toilets smashed up and seats ripped out.
Worth nothing that the idiots are in the minority though.

I expected they'd be locked in after the final whistle but as it was they didn't stick around for long.

On to the game:
If you knew less about football you'd be forgiven for thinking that it was West Ham we played a few weeks ago and Villa today.

I made the point elsewhere but the season under AVB/Sherwood we were an embarrassment - I'm not a fan of Sherwood but you know you couldn't rely on the squad to turn up. That 'wall' at their place still haunts me.

This team is such a contrast. If we lose games this season it won't be because we're not up for the fight. There have been games in previous seasons where you know West Ham have wanted it more than us and that gives them a good head start.
Bilic has made a few changes to their squad and I don't know if that took it's toll. They've got a few players who maybe don't realise how big this is for their fans. The few English players that should know what it means let them down too.
Every one of us were bang up for it today.

West Ham were awful but I do think we played a big part in that. We doubled up on players, we won every 50/50, we fought for every ball, we pressed, we chased every ball. We were sublime.
We're every bit as good without the ball as we are with it.

I'm trying very hard not to get carried away, lets see how next week goes but this group of players can go on to great things. There may be better players on paper in other teams but we are a team, there are no egos.

Absolutely buzzing today because four honestly flattered them and I thought we were excellent from back to front. Harry had it spot on, tough to call a man of the match today - you could have given it to any one of them out there.

Ten of those players pick themselves at the minute. I don't see how Poch can change it.
The only debate for Chelsea is Lamela/Son and based on performances in the last two league games I'd be happy with either.

Back
Top Bottom