The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The consolation goal they got will help us keep our feet on the ground, keep our players seeing that there is always room for improvement.
But, I am going to say something that might get me abuse. And I am going to mean it. I think we will go on to win the league this year.
No, hear me out. I have never seen us with a team like this. I am 34 and never have we had a team that plays as a unit like this, has understnading like this, and so quality yet also so damn aggressive. We look hungry. No kick will go without retaliation, the players stick up for each other. We have a striker who scores most games. We have versatility and power in midfield. An excellent defence. And a world class goalkeeper. Why shouldnt we expect to challenge. In my view, unless we get a core injury - not going to list those core players, dont want to jinx it, but we all know who they are, then we have a massive chance this season to go on and win it.

I don't agree that we will win the league. I don't think that we will.

I can see where you're going, however, and I like the fact that we can actually talk about it without it sounding totally ridiculous.

Some of the top teams are struggling a bit (Chelsea in particular but United and City are also suffering with some bad performances), so we're definitely closer this year than we could've expected.

I don't expect us to win it or be serious contenders, but I do expect us to finish top 4, no doubt.

My prediction is that we are going to give a schooling to West Ham today. They will be shocked by how much we dominate them. I will not. All the talk of how amazing Klopp is will be replaced with how amazing Poch is.

fair to say they got a
tumblr_me6qlqcE7a1r1d9pfo1_500.gif

The consolation goal they got will help us keep our feet on the ground, keep our players seeing that there is always room for improvement.
But, I am going to say something that might get me abuse. And I am going to mean it. I think we will go on to win the league this year.
No, hear me out. I have never seen us with a team like this. I am 34 and never have we had a team that plays as a unit like this, has understnading like this, and so quality yet also so damn aggressive. We look hungry. No kick will go without retaliation, the players stick up for each other. We have a striker who scores most games. We have versatility and power in midfield. An excellent defence. And a world class goalkeeper. Why shouldnt we expect to challenge. In my view, unless we get a core injury - not going to list those core players, dont want to jinx it, but we all know who they are, then we have a massive chance this season to go on and win it.

Neg rep and sin bin request sent.

12 games unbeaten and a 4-1 drubbing. We looked fucking fantastic today - don't want to jinx anything by getting carried away but wow what a team we are building.

Absolutely glorious. That was one of the best Spurs performances I've seen in the past 4 or 5 years. Every single player was at least an 8/10 for me.

This team continues to surprise me every week. I've gone from feeling pretty apathetic about spurs at the start of the season to genuinely looking forward to watching us play every week.

Even when alli got booked I thought oh fuck. Then realised that it's fine as dembele can drop into the centre and lamela comes back in the front 4.

This spurs side is all about team spirit, organisation, skill and passion. Some of the stuff we were playing at 3 and 4 nil was barcelona esque.

Please let us smash Chelsea and make people take notice next weekend.

(I'm a bit over excited)

Absolutely glorious. That was one of the best Spurs performances I've seen in the past 4 or 5 years. Every single player was at least an 8/10 for me.

This team continues to surprise me every week. I've gone from feeling pretty apathetic about spurs at the start of the season to genuinely looking forward to watching us play every week.

Even when alli got booked I thought oh fuck. Then realised that it's fine as dembele can drop into the centre and lamela comes back in the front 4.

This spurs side is all about team spirit, organisation, skill and passion. Some of the stuff we were playing at 3 and 4 nil was barcelona esque.

Please let us smash Chelsea and make people take notice next weekend.

(I'm a bit over excited)
I said flamenco dancers ...............sorry jimmy.
d2UDDeD.gif

Just got back. What a glorious display. We should have really won 8-0. Our pressing completely destroyed them. Dembele was man of the match in my opinion. If we can keep him fit we have a worldie on our hands. 'na na na naaaaa, na na na naaaaaa, you'rrrreeeee shiiiittt.

Back
Top Bottom