The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely could be this as Son looked a bit rusty?
[formation=433, Hugo, Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose, Mason, Dier, Alli, Dembele, Kane, Eriksen][/formation]

With Lamela banned for this, and the Mooooose doing so well in the middle, I wouldn't want Poch to disrupt his flow...

Townsend back in from the cold anyone?

(RUNS FOR COVER AND HIDES!)
:townhmm:

Son on the right is the obvious pick for this game. It's where he played for Hamburg and he should be back in shape by then.

Alternatively either Townsend or possibly Trippier. I'm intrigued to see whether he can play that role as so far he's been pretty dodgy at RB without a natural RM for him to overlap with.

We were lucky with how great Dier has become but he is a disciplined player, Dembele and Bentaleb are wasted at DM, I agree we need cover/competition for Dier almost as much as we need cover for Kane.

We all know what Spurs are like with Square pegs round holes. Nije a winger as a striker, Dembele as our DM is not ideal. Let's give Poch a full squad by Jan, I think Poch has earned it.

I actually thought at the beginning of the season that Veljikovic could have been that player. Not seen him in the flesh for a couple of years but by all reports he dominates youth games as DM.
Given he's not even been on the bench (I don't think) and was close to going out on loan, one suspects Poch isn't a fan!

Would love to send these cretins packing.
popping-bubble-300x2711.jpg

Lamela is banned. Son doesn't look match fit. I'm taking a punt...

---------------------------Lloris--------------------------
Walker----Alderweireld----Vertonghen----Rose
---------------------Dier--------Dembele--------------
Onomah-----------------Alli------------------Eriksen
---------------------------Kane---------------------------

Fuck yea I'm blooding Onomah against the neanderthals.

2-0. Kane (2)
Onomah over Son? He's an exciting prospect, but come on.

Think West Ham is playing some good football this season and they obviously have a tactically competent manager. This game will be harder than Chelsea imo

Son looked rusty on Sunday, this games 2 weeks later - he'll be up to speed by then (hopefully) and should go straight in for Lamela.

Dembeles presence in the midfield helps us keep possession, whether he's up in the number 10 position or he switches with Alli and drops a bit further back, I wouldn't want to see us sticking him out on the right.

Son looked rusty on Sunday, this games 2 weeks later - he'll be up to speed by then (hopefully) and should go straight in for Lamela.

Dembeles presence in the midfield helps us keep possession, whether he's up in the number 10 position or he switches with Alli and drops a bit further back, I wouldn't want to see us sticking him out on the right.
Considering he'll be in Laos the Tuesday/Wednesday before I'm just not certain a game like this he'll be firing for. Laos is a fucking long journey, he probably won't train again until Friday.

Onomah for me.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Tobs, Jan, Rose, Alli, Dier, Dembele, Eriksen, Son, Kane][/formation]

Vorm
Trippier
Wimmer
Davies
Mason
Njie
Onamah

Considering he'll be in Laos the Tuesday/Wednesday before I'm just not certain a game like this he'll be firing for. Laos is a fucking long journey, he probably won't train again until Friday.

Onomah for me.
If I remember correctly Poch wasn't 'enthusiastic' about Son traveling after just coming back from injury.
I think the best he (Son) can hope for is the bench against Spam.

Yea maybe. Just feel for Son who is going to be travelling half way round the world on the Wednesday to be flung into this game. Whereas, Josh has a couple of weeks with Poch, assuming he hasn't been called up to any national squads.

Could be the making of him.

If Bentaleb is back we could end up with Alli, Eriksen, Dembele and Kane as the front four and perhaps Onomah and Son as impact subs.

Your right wouldn't mind seeing Onomah start or get a chance in the game. I know Onomah is talented but I trust Poch to make the right call.

Back
Top Bottom