***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're not blaming Levy for buying Sissoko surely?

He gets slated for not stumping up cash for players his manager wants and when he does he still gets slated!
:levywtf:
Not blaming anyone. I just think he's an expensive mistake & the signs were there before we even put in a bid. I'm hoping to be proven wrong but of all our signings in recent times, this one seems to be Adebayor part II.

Wtf are you on about? I clarify my point and you fixate on being called a racist (that never happened) and reckon I'm somehow afraid of my own comments. You protest too much, son. Get over it. You're the one using the language of 18th century anthropologists, not I.

I'm in Glasgow. I'm going to Africa in a few weeks. Both places have Internet.

But who cook the best fish suppers?

Serious question......

Disappointing... not sure what to expect on Sunday tbh, the team really seems to have forgotten how to score goals...

It does annoy me to see people calling out those that left early. I wouldn't dream of doing it at a daytime game for sure but at Wembley at an evening game where getting 85,512 fans out the ground at a snail pace means missing the last train home with 2 young lads in tow, it is a necessity. I am sure many others are in the same boat. We left in the 86th minute but for the first time ever, I considered leaving earlier cos I really didn't see anything changing. It is also quite daunting to be with kids in that huge crowd with angry, drunk fans in abundance. Many of the people leaving early are families with children.

Same lot where I was. At the back underneath. They were singing all game. It's hard t get it going when there are pockets. The actual 'home section' with the drum just didn't get going.
However, when everyone did make a noise simultaneously it was spine tingling.
Just like when we play away and there are a concentration of like minded of course the support is going to be loud.
It's the same when visitors come to ours, there are only 2 sections that sing constantly at Spurs.
It's different at Wembley.
Said many times comparing those fans to ours is nonsense. English fans have never been like that. There has never been any coordinated singing and uniform displays. It's a cultural thing.
It's simple really at their grounds you know where you are going to stand all game, maybe not see anything and be amongst noise.
People with kids sit somewhere else.
The 'home' section was a go at it but it won't stop mums, dad's and kids buying tickets there because we sit down now.
The club cannot say, if you don't want people standing in front of you all game, lots of noise, singing and colourful language sit somewhere else.
Bringing back safe standing will sort it out. People with kids will and 'tarquins' who don't want to stand cannot complain if they buy tickets for those sections.

I wonder how come we got Woolwich spam and Chavs on the bounce last November between EL and this Nov the same 3 fixtures in the same order between CL?
How comes those that sort the fixtures came to the conclusion that we would be the team to have 3 major London derbies on the bounce again.
Haven't seen it happen to any of those 3.
Fucking disgrace.

Anyway, I never leave early, sometimes the location, but never the stadium. However, last night I seriously thought about it. I knew we wouldn't score. We have looked like we won't score since WBA.
Maybe most people had the same feeling.

Alot of thing to talk about after this game for sure. Hm, where to begin?

First of all, we are missing three key players now, arguably the best outfield players we have in the main segments (attack - Kane, midfield - Dembele, defence - Toby). Doesn't make things easier for us.

Wembley is a complicated topic... We play on a slightly bigger pitch, but I still don't think it counts as an excuse in any way. We need to get used to games there, regardless if we will be playing there next season. We will soon be playing in a big stadium, 62.000 people watching. Also, is there any info on how big the pitch will be in the new stadium?

To the team performance. Dire, again. Whole team wasn't up to it yesterday, but Lloris and Verts. I know, the man cost us 30 million, but Sissoko was one of the better performers yesterday. He tracked back, followed Poch's instructions, gave us width and atleast tried to carry the ball forward and create something. I'm disgusted by Alli and Eriksen's form recently, both of them have been catastrophic. I honestly can't bother watching them now at this point, yes, they let the ball run around the box nicely, but they can't give a fuck if it comes to creating goalscoring chances or make a run in the box. When GKN had that late cross at the end of the game, Sissoko was the only one standing in a decent position to make something out of that. Alli couldnt be arsed to move into the box, all he is waiting for are rebounds. Eriksen might even be worse, huge problems with his decision making. Bit too much of a ego.

Alli and Eriksen were way worse than Sissoko was.

Defending wise, Walker had some really bad moments, we need to exchange Davies for another LB who is more comparable to Rose and I hope, but also think, that Dier is not going to start in the derby. Wouldnt be surprised to see Wimmer or CCV. He needs a break.

Anyway. Hard to tell who should start in the derby. Would go for this...

Lloris
Walker Vertonghen Wimmer Rose
Wanyama Dembele
GKN Lamela Son
Janssen

I call out plastic fans like you who leave early for sure and I don't give a fuck if it annoys you!
:wansum:

What's the fucking point of going if you can't be bothered watching the whole game?
It was 1-0 with everything to play for in a vital CL!
Yes we weren't playing well!
Shit happens

Why not leave after 5 mins if we go one down?

Why be a fan at all?

Why come on this forum at all?

Tell you what why don't you PM Sausage and he'll teach you how to play curling

It's good fun and no "abundance of angry drunk fans" apart from the local caretaker if you drop a sweetie wrapper and he sees you!

FFS

:pochfacepalm:

Well, aren't you nasty? Did you actually read what I said? I took two 11 year old boys to the game and if we had waited for the game to be over, we would have missed our train home. So yes, we left in the 86th minute.

Not sure how to tag Joe Clash Joe Clash oh I did it! But Joe, maybe this is an example of why I don't post very often and just lurk.

:dembelefingers:

I call out plastic fans like you who leave early for sure and I don't give a fuck if it annoys you!
:wansum:

What's the fucking point of going if you can't be bothered watching the whole game?
It was 1-0 with everything to play for in a vital CL!
Yes we weren't playing well!
Shit happens

Why not leave after 5 mins if we go one down?

Why be a fan at all?

Why come on this forum at all?

Tell you what why don't you PM Sausage and he'll teach you how to play curling

It's good fun and no "abundance of angry drunk fans" apart from the local caretaker if you drop a sweetie wrapper and he sees you!

FFS

:pochfacepalm:
Easy to say from your armchair. You have absolutely no idea of what it's like. You were giving it all that about buying the package, and then wimped out with some wanky excuse. You're completely out of order criticising mothers with small children of leaving 4 minutes early. Tracy made the effort to go to the game which is far more than you did. Stick your moralising up your arse you smug old cunt.

Well, aren't you nasty? Did you actually read what I said? I took two 11 year old boys to the game and if we had waited for the game to be over, we would have missed our train home. So yes, we left in the 86th minute.

Not sure how to tag Joe Clash Joe Clash oh I did it! But Joe, maybe this is an example of why I don't post very often and just lurk.

:dembelefingers:
Ha ha. I just leapt to your defence. Don't worry about Bazali, he's senile.

I think we should calm down on blaming Wembley for last nights performance. We didn't play West Brom, Bournemouth or Leicester at Wembley and we weren't exactly Brazil 1970 in those matches either.

I can understand a slightly larger pitch and different atmosphere can have a modicum of effect, it it doesn't make Dier let the ball bounce before he tries to clear, doesn't make Sissoko pass to nobody almost every time, doesn't make Eriksen look any less interested. It's just a pitch.

I think we should calm down on blaming Wembley for last nights performance. We didn't play West Brom, Bournemouth or Leicester at Wembley and we weren't exactly Brazil 1970 in those matches either.

I can understand a slightly larger pitch and different atmosphere can have a modicum of effect, it it doesn't make Dier let the ball bounce before he tries to clear, doesn't make Sissoko pass to nobody almost every time, doesn't make Eriksen look any less interested. It's just a pitch.

#WembleyOut

Not blaming anyone. I just think he's an expensive mistake & the signs were there before we even put in a bid. I'm hoping to be proven wrong but of all our signings in recent times, this one seems to be Adebayor part II.
Speaking of Adebayor, odd how all these players with nice new contracts have seriously gone off the boil................

I think the players are knackered. Poch might have to have a look at his methods. I'm obviously no sports science expert, but I can't see how double training sessions can work when you have midweek games. I can understand having a full week of preparation geared to peaking at the weekend, but throw a Wednesday into the mix and it must be difficult. When do they get a chance to rest?

Back
Top Bottom