***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At least it weren't another draw......
:adethumbup:
It's true about the atmosphere (or lack off) and Wembley stadium in general compared to the lane, every game I go to at the lane I get tingles walking out and seeing the pitch, there is just a buzz about the place, tonight again at Wembley just didn't feel the same, not even close and I am dreading us playing our "home" games there next season....
No matter how many spurs flags you put up, or how many people try to light up the stadium with their phones? Just ain't no place like home...
:paulinhobored::avbshock::klinsmann::harryhmm:

We needed to put Everton in their place. Show them who the big boys are. Fucking scouse upstarts. Similar scenario to when we outbid the Pikeys for Darren Bent. The league positions down the years justify these wild transfers. Money well spent .

Yup worked out a treat, We showed Everton......Big time....
:adethumbup:

When they were lining up for the Champions League tune before kick off I thought "Hmm... Our players look pretty scared" but I decided not to post it at the time because it'd be a bit crap for me to say we look like we're going to lose before it had even started. Oh, if only I had. I'd feel sooo smug right now.:pochsulk:

Poch saying Dembele had twisted his ankle.....didn't look like Dembele knew that to me when he was subbed

He clearly pointed to his ankle and pointed to the manager after sliding in and fouling a Leverkusen play in the first half - though strangely after that he rang back at full speed and cut out a cross on said twisted ankle.

Im sick to death of seeing us draw mate but id snap your hand off for a draw

Or at least put up a good fight, show a bit of passion... Still nothing like a NLD to get the team fired up, and then onto the next one... oh wait actually it's the international break straight after, look how that worked out after we beat city!
:adewtf:

When they were lining up for the Champions League tune before kick off I thought "Hmm... Our players look pretty scared" but I decided not to post it at the time because it'd be a bit crap for me to say we look like we're going to lose before it had even started. Oh, if only I had. I'd feel sooo smug right now.:pochsulk:

I thought we were gonna loose 1 nil, and Kampl to score in the 65th.... but decided not to post it on here as well......
:adelol:

In a word, frustrating. I feel like the bigger pitch does make a difference. Passes were short. Runs weren't picked out. On a smaller pitch its a completely different game.

Also, i think if Lamela and Rose played instead of sissoko and Davies, we'd have had a much better game. Stick Toby in there and we'd probably have won.

In a word, frustrating. I feel like the bigger pitch does make a difference. Passes were short. Runs weren't picked out. On a smaller pitch its a completely different game.

Also, i think if Lamela and Rose played instead of sissoko and Davies, we'd have had a much better game. Stick Toby in there and we'd probably have won.

And if we scored more then they did we would have won.....
:allitongue:

Thing is, we have a pretty good away record and we've played very well against the likes of Woolwich and Man City away, especially last season and their pitch is pretty similar in size to Wembley.

Thing is, we have a pretty good away record and we've played very well against the likes of Woolwich and Man City away, especially last season and their pitch is pretty similar in size to Wembley.

I don't think we can blame the pitch either, or the atmosphere or Wembley...
obviously though if this was at the lane we would have won easily.....
:dawsonmean::klinsmann:

The Lane is 110x73, Wembley is 115x74. I refuse to believe an extra half yard on each side and 2.5 at the back is really throwing off a team that regularly plays, and wins, on that size of field regularly in the Premier League. It's not as if Wembey is on the surface of the moon or 120x80 or some crazy shit.

Away from home against teams that like to have the ball though. Leverkusen pressed us tonight and we'd have been better playing on the counter attack, but we dont really have the players for it anymore. I miss the days of Walker, Bale, Lennon Kaboul and Defoe sprinting forward. (only for defoe to give the ball away or be offside). We dont have enough pace. Can you imagine sissoko running beyond? In fact sissoko barely looks like he can run. He makes running look so difficult. Like every time he tries to sprint he has to kind of, mentally prepare himself first, its bizzzare.

Away from home against teams that like to have the ball though. Leverkusen pressed us tonight and we'd have been better playing on the counter attack, but we dont really have the players for it anymore. I miss the days of Walker, Bale, Lennon Kaboul and Defoe sprinting forward. (only for defoe to give the ball away or be offside). We dont have enough pace. Can you imagine sissoko running beyond? In fact sissoko barely looks like he can run. He makes running look so difficult. Like every time he tries to sprint he has to kind of, mentally prepare himself first, its bizzzare.

I think what we lack is that one player who can pass to set us on the break. If you time a pass, you don't need to be the fastest player. Eriksen CAN be that player when on form but today and many times this season he's either underhit or overhit it.

It just seems at the moment, the players are strictly playing to a system and don't want to break that system - it doesn't allow for fluidity or a natural play to our game. It's certainly strange because last season was different.

Back
Top Bottom